[PCT23] Los Pollos Hermanos
Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 07:36
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Nemolito
Fabianski wrote:
I don't like those schedules Pfft
And you may not like mine, either - guess there's still not enough (T)TTs in PCT to avoid each other Wink

We need to meet each other somewhere in the end, and with your TTT team I can't see why you would 'want' to avoid me Pfft Zmorka wouldn't mind some more flat ITT GC's or a classic of course, but can't blame the calendar team for not making a complete calendar tailored to my team's strenghts Smile And for the reporter's sakes, the less tt's, the better Pfft

Leader's calendar pt. 2/3
In part two of presenting you our leader's calendar, we'll let you know where Matti Manninen will be sprinting and where Ruben Zepuntke will be cobbling. No big surprises, I think.

Matti Manninen
StartEndRaceCategory
09-Jan Down Under ClassicHC
22-Feb26-Feb Circulo de JuarezHC
17-Mar20-Mar Tour of GuadeloupeC1
06-Apr10-Apr Baltic Chain TourC1
28-Apr Veenendaal - VeenendaalPTHC
01-Jun Hanko ClassicC1
18-Jun Frankfurt EschbornC1
01-Jul Torshavn GPC1
09-Jul11-Jul Tour of EritreaC1
13-Jul Philadelphia International ChampionshipPTHC
20-Jul Paris ToursC1
02-Aug06-Aug Deutschland TourPTHC
20-Aug22-Aug Ras TailteannPTHC
02-Sep Riga - Jurmala GPPTHC

Ruben Zepuntke
StartEndRaceCategory
04-Feb Omloop Het NieuwsbladHC
10-Feb Le SamynHC
26-Feb Kuurne - Bruxelles - KuurneC1
18-Mar Strade BiancheHC
30-Mar Lillestrom GPC1
12-Apr18-Apr Tour de PologneHC
23-Apr Roma MaximaPTHC
28-Apr Veenendaal - VeenendaalPTHC
19-May 1 Jour de DunkerqueC1
01-Jun02-Jun Franceville ClassiquePTHC
13-Jul18-Jul Benelux ChallengeHC
20-Aug GP KigaliC1
24-Sep Chrono d'ArenbergPTHC
26-Sep Tour of the BattenkillPTHC

www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Fabianski
Nemolito wrote:
Fabianski wrote:
I don't like those schedules Pfft
And you may not like mine, either - guess there's still not enough (T)TTs in PCT to avoid each other Wink

We need to meet each other somewhere in the end, and with your TTT team I can't see why you would 'want' to avoid me Pfft Zmorka wouldn't mind some more flat ITT GC's or a classic of course, but can't blame the calendar team for not making a complete calendar tailored to my team's strenghts Smile And for the reporter's sakes, the less tt's, the better Pfft

Don't necessarily agree with your last sentence, I like to report TTs - although I agree it's really time consuming Wink

Well, it all depends on how PCM handles TTTs. Your Top 3 TTer average of 80.0 is clearly unmatched in PCT. Considering the (potential) Top 5, you're 2nd, and even with 8 riders you're 3rd (might elaborate on this in my own HQ) - so that's the reason why I'm not really, looking forward to meet you in TTTs Pfft
Zmorka should be the outright favorite for Tropicale and Arab Tour, and have some decent chances in Denmark plus Germany & Arenberg, so I think that's not too bad Pfft

Clashes between Theuns and Zepunkte will obviously be very frequent - basically in all cobbled races except Franceville and Benelux, which aren't in my bands Wink On the other hand, it looks like avoiding Manninen went pretty well, facing him only 4 times all year long Pfft

From what I've seen so far, I think your planning should be smart enough to get you back up to PT - some races where Zmorka or Manninen could/should dominate, some where they have good chances even in PTHC races - and your other leaders should obviously net some nice points, too. Looking forward (or rather not?) to see Higuita's schedule Wink

cunego59
Zepuntke and Stallaert will obviously be competing a lot, Battenkill (and Arenberg) being the only cobblestone races they don't face each other. Compared to two years ago, Manninen will see much less of Silvestre though (not that Silvestre is that big of a thread anymore anyway, but still). I'm not having nearly as much sprint races in C1 anymore (only Hanko, Torshavn and Guadeloupe) and even rejected Juarez. The big one for us though is obviously the Aular schedule (and to some extent Higuita) and how that compares to Meintjes. Very curious about that.

Marcovdw
Every leader so far going to Veenendaal, proving it's the biggest race of the year Cool
Manager of Minions

redordead
Looking forward to seeing Zepuntke in Pologne Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
Lots of clashes with Manninen and Zepuntke as expected, outside of the PTHC band differences. Look forward to those for sure Smile Not too many clashes with your TT guys, since we didn't really pick those races in the bands.

Nemolito
@Fab and @cunego: Since you guys are so anxious to see the schedule of Higuita and Aular, I won't make you wait any longer Cool
@Marco: Obviously Higuita and Aular will also go to Veenendaal, even though it might not show on their schedules yet.
@red: He deserves to know what non-cobbled races feel like as well Pfft
@Abhi: Guess for you with Benootski and Choiski this update might also be more interesting than the two previous ones Wink

Leaders 3/3
Time to give the schedule of our remaining two leaders, Sergio Higuita and Orluis Aular!

Sergio Higuita
StartEndRaceCategory
25-Jan27-Jan Hong Kong ChallengeC1
04-Feb Viana do CasteloC1
18-Mar Strade BiancheHC
22-Mar27-Mar Tour of South AfricaHC
12-Apr18-Apr Tour de PologneHC
20-Apr Badaling InternationalC1
04-Jun Pro Hallstatt ClassicHC
28-Sep Milano - TorinoC1
01-Oct06-Oct Tour of JapanHC
18-Oct Giro dell'EmiliaHC

Orluis Aular
StartEndRaceCategory
25-Jan27-Jan Hong Kong ChallengeC1
01-Feb08-Feb Volta a PortugalPTHC
27-May31-May Tour of NorwayHC
04-Jun Pro Hallstatt ClassicHC
14-Jun20-Jun Criterium du Dauphine LiberePTHC
25-Jul29-Jul Tour d'AndorraC1
10-Aug15-Aug Tour du MarocC1
28-Sep Milano - TorinoC1
18-Oct Giro dell'EmiliaHC

jandal7
Well I hate that Pfft
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

roturn
Not a big surprise really to say we will have lots of Manninnen vs. Groenewegen and Zepuntke vs. Van Hooydonck this year.

A bit more surprising maybe to have quite a lot of Higuita vs. Olivier as well.

Surely a very clashing team schedule by the look of it.

Fabianski
Well, I'm not too happy to see Higuita in so many races - but not overly surprised, either Wink
At least in Hong Kong, I hope we'll be able to beat him, whereas Poland should be a great race for him. Same for Hallstatt, and Japan is a nice try as well.
So is Viana do Castelo - we'll see if 60 Co is enough.
Aular has far less "clashes" with our team, although it looks like you went for a similar strategy in Norway sending a strong climber Wink

Will be interesting to follow you on your way back up, anyway Smile

KaiserAdler
keep these monsters away from me you bastard Shock no kidding, if theres anyone I expect to bounce back immediately...
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mgnmoty-adler.png

Nemolito
@guys: We'll see about that bounce back/promotion. Do not sell the bear before it has been shot.

Goals!
Time to present our team's season goals. Unlike the previous two seasons where we went for an 'all-win-strategy', we decided to took a slightly more calm approach this time.

Final team standing - Top 5
The goal with this team is still to promote of course, and that's also an official goal. We finished top 5 in PCT two years ago, and hope to repeat that trick this season as well.

Ras Tailteann (PTHC) - Top 5
Going for a sprint goal might be considered a bigger guess than other terrains, but that's life. Manninen can hopefully deliver us some consistency in Ireland, resulting into a top-5 in PTHC.

Deutschland Tour (PTHC) - Top 5
Zmorka should theoretically be among the five best time trialists in the world, and we hope he can prove that in the PTHC time trialing race that is the Deutschland Tour. I guess Sütterlin could also possibly give us a top-5 in the GC, if he has an amazing day during the time trial. Last year both of them finished outside of the top-10.

Arab Tour (HC) - Win
The Ukrainian is the best time trialist in the division by two points, and the German is the shared second best time trialist. A win goal here is logical, let's hope our time trialists perform like they should/could.

La Tropicale Amissa Bongo (C1) - Win
Ctrl C Ctrl V what I just said.

MacC
I do love a team committed to Time trialling for goals

By the way, saw a guy wearing a Los Pollos t-shirt and the first thing I thought was that he must know about the game!

Fabianski
I did correctly guess 3/4 of your race goals plus the team standings - guess they were pretty easily predictable Pfft
Zmorka and Sütterlin should make sure to reach the HC/C1 goals, failing either of them would be surprising, or rather bad luck. Top 5 in Germany should be pretty safe as well - I did however expect Arenberg Top 10 as your final goal instead of betting on Matti. Which is perfectly reasonable though given his track record of the last two years riding in your colours.
You're obviously heavily relying on your Top 6 riders in terms of scoring - but that's 6, not 3 like we can see in other teams. Your uphill riders obviously lack some TT skills and vice versa, which isn't great given the PCT calendar, but I'm pretty sure they'll find enough scoring opportunities elsewhere. I said it before, and I'll happily repeat it - I'd be surprised (or even disappointed) if you didn't bounce back right away Wink

seancoll
Wishing Higuita was sporting a SEE Turtles jersey, but happy to see him in a few common races to see if he wants to return to a South American team at some point. If he wasn't with me, happy he's with you though.

While still learning the ropes, goals seem some of the most secure of those I've seen - at least in theory, which is a better spot to be in. Hoping promotion is just a season away!
MG Manager - SEE Turtles

redordead
It's always nice when you can plan your goals ahead of time with old reliables like Zmorka and Manninen Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
Those are quite achievable goals I think with Zmorka and Manninen being among the best in the division in their respective categories Smile

Nemolito
@MacC: That guy was definitely wearing the lph shirt because of MG, has nothing to do with the show itself Pfft
@Fab: Hadn't even thought of Arenberg before you mentioned it actually. Zmorka was 12th there last time, so I guess top 10 could be possible. Ras goal was picked with Gaviria in mind, with all of the other goals for Zmorka. At least if Zmorka left, Gaviria would be able to do his thing in Ras. As you know by now, Zmorka didn't leave, so at least that should be good for our goals Smile
@sean: How about you send me a SEE Turtles shirt? I'll make sure Higuita does a training ride in it Grin
@Abhired: Hope both of them keep performing like they did in the previous two seasons Smile

Remaining planning
Except for our six 'outstanding' leaders, we have some races where somebody else will lead the ship. That somebody else is Robinson Steven Ruiz. The Peruvian rouleur will go to the following races as our leader.

StartEndRaceCategory
15-Apr Berlin ProRaceC2
28-Apr Lisbon ClassicHC
23-Jul Betonexpressz GPC2
17-Aug GP PlouayC2

Los Pollos legend Alain Quispe will also be at Berlin.

Apart from that the only race we haven't covered is our C2 home race, being...

StartEndRaceCategory
23-Jun Monterrey TTTC2

Our team there will be the following.

Nat.NameTT stat
Nareklishvili73
Aguilar Mendez73
Abolaji72
Lopez Nolasco71
Galvan Ramirez71
Hollmann71
Moutsios69
Beltran64

None of the riders in Mexico are currently maxed, showing we still care about developing talents Wink

Nemolito
Down Under Classic (HC) - Preview
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/hc_duc.jpg
ManninenMatti
UlloaJose Gerardo
RuizRobinson Steven
QuispeAlain
Galvan RamirezOscar Samuel
HollmannJuri
AbolajiFatiu
Aguilar MendezJose Pablo
We won't be writing previews for every race this season, but we had to make one for our first one back in PCT. Manninen is our man going for a top-5 result in the shortest classic of the season, as Peruvian rouleurs Quispe and Ruiz have to guide him towards that result. We also see three Mexicans in the squad. First race in Los Pollos colours also for loanee Hollmann and Nigerian champion Abolaji.

Ollfardh
So basicaly you win every sprint race and every TT? Will be hard to beat you then Wink
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Worst descent ever?
Worst descent ever?