Mresuperstar

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT23] Cedevita | NC Recap
cunego59
There was a short period where I tried to put together enough money to hijack that Howson deal, but that possibility went away very quickly Grin Take that as an indication though that I think at both the wage and the fee, Howson is really good value. I like what you're cooking!

Fabianski
Jealous Pfft
Still bummed I couldn't conclude the Lammertink deal, but looks like Roman is better than cash Pfft

Agree with the others, that's an amazing TT department you're about to build - rather unexpected for me, thought you were more into the uphill terrains, but I guess PT requires you to cover all terrains. And at least the TT one, you're doing in style! Should be a great TTT lineup by now Smile

ivaneurope
My chances of taking over the TTT this year have gone up in smoke Pfft
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

redordead
Nemolito wrote:
Can't say I'm mad with an 80 TT'ist leaving the PCT division. You should have a pretty great TTT setup by now as well Shock

We'll see how great, but slowly getting better for sure.

jaxika wrote:
Wow! Great signings. I wonder what you are up to with this wonderful TTT setup and your goodish TT GC wonderkid? Smile

If you are referring to Pogacar, I wouldn't really class him as a TT GC rider. But he is quite malleable in the races he can ride, I guess that's true.

cunego59 wrote:
There was a short period where I tried to put together enough money to hijack that Howson deal, but that possibility went away very quickly Grin

I appreciate you not hijacking the deal Pfft

cunego59 wrote:
Take that as an indication though that I think at both the wage and the fee, Howson is really good value. I like what you're cooking!

I hope Howson likes some Balkan food also Grin

Fabianski wrote:
Jealous Pfft
Still bummed I couldn't conclude the Lammertink deal, but looks like Roman is better than cash Pfft

Trust me there was a lot going on behind the scenes Pfft

Fabianski wrote:
Agree with the others, that's an amazing TT department you're about to build - rather unexpected for me, thought you were more into the uphill terrains, but I guess PT requires you to cover all terrains. And at least the TT one, you're doing in style! Should be a great TTT lineup by now Smile

I tend to do the unexpected because I don't plan my transfers in advance very much. You never know what's gonna come up.

ivaneurope wrote:
My chances of taking over the TTT this year have gone up in smoke Pfft

See you in Slovenia, I guess Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 23:06
Bot Agent

IP: None  
jandal7
Someone got sick of sucking in his home race Pfft
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Jakstar22
Dusan suits this team better then mine ahaha. I loved having him and he had an extremely successful season and lead the team to promotion but he is back home where he belongs. Very excited to finally bring in Duyvesteyn though and keen to see what McCormick can do Smile

Great signings as well with Lammertink and Howson! Strong team you have Smile

AbhishekLFC
Two amazing TT pickups and Rajovic is a great feel-good signing for the home team. Looking good going into the first PT season Smile

redordead
Transfer Deal

The one area you can usually improve on is climbing depth. We brought in a similar rider last year and we felt it really helped the team. We were given an opportunity to do a repeat of sorts. So we were happy to part ways with a fee of 700k that is going over to Xero Racing.

Daniel Habtemichael | Age: 26 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 135k
FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFTDHPR

i.imgur.com/dVWFlrb.png

Habtemichael: It wasn't easy leaving a great team like Xero, but there was a lot of turnover there so it couldn't be helped. I get to ride in PT and join another young and exciting GC core.

Bostjan Mervar,
team representative and general manager of Cedevita

DarkWolf
Rajovic is another great fit for your team and I also like the signing of Habtemichael quite a bit.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/newmember21.png

redordead
jandal7 wrote:
Someone got sick of sucking in his home race Pfft

I still don't like it Pfft

Jakstar22 wrote:
Dusan suits this team better then mine ahaha. I loved having him and he had an extremely successful season and lead the team to promotion but he is back home where he belongs. Very excited to finally bring in Duyvesteyn though and keen to see what McCormick can do Smile

Great signings as well with Lammertink and Howson! Strong team you have Smile

I'm glad we could do such an awesome regional swap where we both got what we wanted Grin

AbhishekLFC wrote:
Two amazing TT pickups and Rajovic is a great feel-good signing for the home team. Looking good going into the first PT season Smile

Not sure how good they'll make us, but I'm happy with the deals Smile

DarkWolf wrote:
Rajovic is another great fit for your team and I also like the signing of Habtemichael quite a bit.

I should be able to find a decent role for both riders.

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

cunego59
I obviously really like the Habtemichael signing. Would love to see him get some training over the next years, although I have an inkling that maybe you want to invest in another stage racer Pfft Even without training though, I feel like he could be rider that consistently sneaks into Top 15s or Top 20s even while assisting a leader, or get a result or two when he's allowed to ride for himself.

redordead
cunego59 wrote:
I obviously really like the Habtemichael signing. Would love to see him get some training over the next years, although I have an inkling that maybe you want to invest in another stage racer Pfft Even without training though, I feel like he could be rider that consistently sneaks into Top 15s or Top 20s even while assisting a leader, or get a result or two when he's allowed to ride for himself.

That's the plan. The Top 15-20s I mean Pfft

redordead
Transfer Deal

Ok, so we got Lammertink and we got Howson. Any more good time-trial riders available? Our friends at Aker - MOT told us about this Georgian rider who is a talent on the TT bike. Someone told me signing time-trialists is like an addiction, hard to stop after just one. Well we got another one for 450k.

Giorgi Nareklishvili | Age: 30 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 130k

i.imgur.com/HwXWZh1.png

Nareklishvili: I was told we are focusing quite a bit on time-trialing which is my main attribute. It's also nice that I'm joining the same team as Steven Lammertink and I'm sure we'll stick together again, riding many of the same races.

Bostjan Mervar,

DarkWolf
I look at my history with TT and I wonder if my dealing with it would change over time. Of course, this aspect pales in comparison to my approach of cobbles. Anyway, enough about me, you have a very, very nice addition for the TT.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/newmember21.png

Nemolito
CedeviTTTa

Seems like you have a very similar squad to your pct squad, but, well, again way better after an interesting transfer period where you went for a mix of improving your roster, not giving up on your Balkan identity and still managed to get some Balkan level 1 talents and get them to level 3 at the end of the season Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

redordead
Free Agent Signing

We felt like we needed to get at least one important piece of our puzzle from free agency. We had a shortlist of riders, but after the first couple hectic hours of transfers we settled on our target. As it's quite normal for free agency it took us a while, but we were able to secure a rider that we believe can help up now and in the future.

With that said we welcome:

Tao Geoghegan Hart | Age: 28 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 700k

i.imgur.com/2aBk7IC.png

Geoghegan Hart: When Isostar folded I did not expect I would wind up at another Slovenian ProTour team, but that's how it turned out. I've spoken to management and I'm very excited for the upcoming season. Between myself and Tadej Pogacar we can share GC leadership and bring success to the team.

Bostjan Mervar,

Edited by redordead on 22-08-2023 09:40

whitejersey
Tao is a lovely signing, he was a part of my FA shortlist, but very early on it became clear that he was going well above the 400k I had allocated towards him.

ivaneurope
TGH was one of my early targets - unfortunately his price became too high for my taste
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

Fabianski
Guess we were all in the same boat there Pfft
No chance against a PT team; would've spent 500k on him, but going 700k+ wasn't an option.
Congrats red for signing him, guess your transfer season must have been accompanied by lots of feel-good-vibes. Wish I could say the same :lol:

jandal7
Guess you couldn't be bothered making a Geoghegan pun? Pfft

Love that pickup and of course love his new stage racing buddy Habtemichael even more. Glad he's going to another team I love - take care of my boy Smile
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?