· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT 22] ELCO - ABEA
redordead
Chiarello did his 'thing' again Smile
Looks like PT safety is pretty much assured, not that I ever thought you would relegate :lol:

See you in Riga. I'll be there to make up the numbers Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:42
Bot Agent

IP: None  
SotD
redordead wrote:
Chiarello did his 'thing' again Smile
Looks like PT safety is pretty much assured, not that I ever thought you would relegate :lol:

See you in Riga. I'll be there to make up the numbers Pfft

Indeed. Chiarello has his way of doing things. Safety isn't quite safe yet by my calculations, but we are a bit ahead of our expected performance, so if we keep on pushing we are likely closer to top 10 than relegation at the end Smile

See you in Riga! Coquards 2nd last race for us...
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

SotD
i.imgur.com/aof70vV.png

August - Evaluation

July ended up with a massive pointshaul towards salvation, so let's have a look at whether or not August can continue this trend.

Races:
Deutschland Tour
Chrono des Herbiers
Riga - Jurmala
East Midlands Cicle Classic

Deutschland Tour
In theory Deutschland could be a great race for us with Coquard fighting for stagewins, while Vlatos could take some GC points. The former was definately the case with Coquard winning no less than 3 stages.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Reports/PTHC/Deutschland/S4/PCM0018.jpg

Unfortunately Vlatos couldn't quite keep up, and with 13th in the GC he wasn't able to help towards a succesful race. We came with the expectation of scoring between 170-220 points, and managed to fit in nicely with 205. Vlatos really should have done better to beat the expectations though.

Actual points: 205pts

Chrono des Herbiers
While Deutschland was only partly relying on Vlatos to give us a strong result, the Chrono was entirely down to Vlatos.

With a sponsor goal of top 3, we came with ambitions pretty high, although we did realize that top 5 would be more likely. Unfortunately Vlatos had a horrible first run, which eliminated all chances of a podium.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Reports/PT/Herbiers/01.jpg

From 29th in the first run, he improved drastically through the 2nd run to eventually pick up 5th overall, which is very satisfying. We expected between 75-125 points, and once more positioned ourself safely inside the gap, towards the high end.

Actual points: 112pts

Riga - Jurmala
In Riga we yet again had to put our eggs in the Coquard-basket that have worked so well for us this season. Coming fresh from Germany with 3 stagewins in 4 tries, expectations were pretty high. Also higher than our pre-month expectations.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Reports/PTHC/Riga/RJ%2016.jpg

It was a fast an strong sprint against some of the fastest riders in the world, including world champion Gaviria. But Coquards form is unquestionable, and he managed to take the win.

From expecting between 100-150 points we landed 174 to beat the expectations.

Actual points: 174pts

East Midlands Cicle Classic
In the East Midlands we had slim to no expectations due to previous results in the cobbles this season, and we were right to expect nothing. Both Kortsidakis and Karatzios barely made it to the top 50, while only another 3 riders finished the race, including our soon to be leader Stavrakakis.

We have to find a way to improve this department for the upcoming seasons. We expected between 5-30 points, but didn't realize it was a PT race and not a PTHC. With 35 points scored, this would have been critical with proper calender handling by our analytics team.

Actual points: 35pts

Overall results:
The month was good once more. We expected between 350-525 points, and landed at exactly 526, thus beating expectations by a single point. We are now pretty close to sealing our faith in the PT, and with 6 races still to come, we hope to start climbing towards the top 10.

Actual points: 526pts

redordead
Coquard having an even better season than last year? When's he's on he's on Smile
Hard to believe we were in the same race in Riga Pfft

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

SotD
redordead wrote:
Coquard having an even better season than last year? When's he's on he's on Smile
Hard to believe we were in the same race in Riga Pfft

Yes, quite a lot better than last season.

In fact I think this is his best season ever Smile

SotD
i.imgur.com/aof70vV.png

And so it ends

The season that is!

The season was difficult, when leaving behind Lecuisinier early on, and in general weakening our international setup significantly. And truth to be told - we would have survived if we made the cut.

Overall we came away with a very solid 7th place overall, and thus completed our difficult task of making the top 10. It was our only goal secured however, and we need to look into how we can cope with goals in the next season, which will be a struggle as there are still no top level greek riders.

Bryan Coquard, William Chiarello and Clement Koretzky was behind almost 2.800 of our total 6.150 overall points. Deducting Coquard and we would have relegated. We could have survived without one of the two others though, which is a good knowledge going into next season where quite a lot of our greek riders move up a spot. Losing a level from all of Vlatos, Karatzios and Bouglas who scored a combined 635 points will be difficult to cover from development alone. So yet again we have to find those points from training or swapping our way into temporary hitmen like Chiarello.

Speaking of which. Our international legions are now looking for a new place to settle, so keep your mouth watering, and start finding out how one or more of these can be yours!

109Bryan Coquardpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA1512
4343William Chiarellopcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA704
5557Clement Koretzkypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA567

And finally these guys who will fully develop into a maxed state. Still solid performances unmaxed, by some!
298311Victor Lafaypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA102
357369Jean Bosco Nsengimanapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA85
386405Joshua Kellypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA78
424419Lorenzo Delcopcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA69
452449Emmanuel Morinpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.pngELCO - ABEA58

Fabianski
Congrats on not just easily avoid relegation, but even claiming a Top 10 finish! Coquard obviously was crucial for this, as you said, but I guess you made the right decision about whom to keep and whom to let go already. Still plenty of potential "cash cattle" around, although Coquard should clearly yield the most money (especially with Koretzky declining).
I'll very likely get in touch for at least one of your riders Wink

TheManxMissile
You may not want to keep the internationals, but at least mark them with the correct country. Exciting to see how you keep moving forwards with the transition whilst trying to maintain a level of competitiveness.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

redordead
Congrats on easily navigating the season without PHL Smile

It will be interesting to race against you next season and I'm sure you'll contact me eventually about you know who Pfft

AbhishekLFC
Would think the transition has been a success and the team is likely to get better with more trainings on the cards. Congrats on the good season Smile

jandal7
Very excited for the transition to be fully completed and for the awesome training you will be able to do with the astronomical fees you will be receiving Grin
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

SotD
@Fabianski
Thanks a lot! Indeed, it seems like the right decision was made. Had it been made earlier though I would probably not have suffered from so many missed goals, which will be difficult to carry on through to this season. I'm pretty confident that there should be some money flow yes, but given the fact that no one was interested in Coquard last season - as in: at all - I'm not overly confident that I can get the money needed to make those desired trainings. I guess time will tell.

Fell free to contact me Wink

@TheManxMissile
I could have sworn that I did change that Kelly flag multiple times, to get it right. Maybe the code has changed? Or I just changed it somewhere and forgot the first page Smile

I'm pretty excited aswell. This could be a very interesting season to come, where I really need the greek riders to step well inside the individual top 100 to stand an actual shot at survival.

@redordead
Thanks a lot. It did bring some worries at the start of the season, but seemed to work pretty well.

You can be very certain that your Cypriot will not be left uncontacted Grin - Will look forward to see you at the highest level. "I told you so!" is in order I think Wink

@AbishekLFC
Thanks a lot. The first real step in the transition definately worked well. I'm really excited about the season to come, and whether it is possible to make the list of lieutenaints I have into Sub-top leader material that can actually carry a PT level team towards survival. I do have my doubts, and will likely need a good cashcow that can harvest points until sold after next season, like Chiarello f.e.

@jandal7
Thank you - I am not overly confident that the cashflow will be large enough to really make the final push. The goals missed this season will see us start at a unwelcoming low, that I need to cover through sales. Some can surely be done, but I'm unsure if it can be done to the full extent. It's some rather expensive trainings I need to make this season.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.