· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,012
· Newest Member: stabwound
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
Paul23
alexkr00 wrote:
If you think Russia can have partners, you need to learn more about Russia.

Enlighten me. Why can't one nation be partnering with another?
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Avin Wargunnson
Paul23 wrote:
alexkr00 wrote:

Are you familiar with history of Mother Russia?
I'll be back

Avin Wargunnson
But stupid me, how i could forgot that Russia was always able to make partnership with others, even with Germany! How can we ignore magnificent and honorous thing called Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. Cool
I'll be back

ringo182
I see Trump has already been accused of using his Presidency to try to help his business dealings. The Argentinian President/Prime Minister accused him of asking him to speed up his application for planning permission in Buenos Aires during his telephone call to congratulate him on his win.

I can honestly see Trump being impeached during the next 4 years. Whatever he is hiding on his tax returns will come out at some point.
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016

Paul23
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
alexkr00 wrote:

Yeah, so you also think, that germans are nazis, because you know our history?
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 22:05
Bot Agent

IP: None  
cunego59
Paul23 wrote:
He will do what's best for "his" business, the USA

Funnily enough, it seems "his" business is still, and may stay, his actual business! So far, he has promoted his own Washington hotel to foreign diplomats, he's still taking business meetings and his daughter Ivanka, who's supposed to run his business, has been sitting in on meetings with foreign leaders. And that's only his first two weeks as president-elect.

Paul23 wrote:
He got elected, fair and square. Just keep your hate to yourself and say something, when he actually does something wrong. What you're currently doing, is "Hitlerising" Trump, before he even had his first day in office. You can't change anything. He is president elect and he will continue to the white house(if he doesn't get shot). So you will have to deal with it. That's how democracy(The US isn't one anyway) works.

No. That's not at all how it works.

I've seen this statement many times, especially on social media. But a major point of democracy is that it is not limited to an election. That's the great thing about it: If I lose an election, I don't have to go into a dark corner and suffer for the next four years - that would be undemocratic. But I can go out and voice my opinion and protest the things that I feel go wrong. Protests on the streets (as long as they're peaceful), to some (way lesser) extent even this discussion, is lived democracy at its finest.

By the way, many of those calling those protesters sore losers were the same people that called for a preparation of Clinton's impeachment trial the day she would take office. And even that would have been a valid democratic process.

As for the experts, you should be able to tell the difference between a social media (or "internet" ) expert, a field that only exists maybe 15 years and to my knowledge can't even be studied, and global policy analysts, who have worked in diplomatic organisations and/or have extensively studied it and/or have even had contact with the people they're talking about. And no, of course they're not necessarily right at all times, but the probability that they know it better than I do (or you do) is a little higher, wouldn't you say?

Avin Wargunnson
Paul23 wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
alexkr00 wrote:

Yeah, so you also think, that germans are nazis, because you know our history?

No, ofc i dont think germans are Nazis, your nation was able to learn from the past and from what i have seen, heard and read, regret and feel ashamed for what have been done.

In absolute contrast, Putins Russia values same hegemonic ideas like USSR and ever expansive mother Russia...that is what russians want to hear and what they are proud of.
I'll be back

Paul23
cunego59 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
He will do what's best for "his" business, the USA

Funnily enough, it seems "his" business is still, and may stay, his actual business! So far, he has promoted his own Washington hotel to foreign diplomats, he's still taking business meetings and his daughter Ivanka, who's supposed to run his business, has been sitting in on meetings with foreign leaders. And that's only his first two weeks as president-elect.

Paul23 wrote:
He got elected, fair and square. Just keep your hate to yourself and say something, when he actually does something wrong. What you're currently doing, is "Hitlerising" Trump, before he even had his first day in office. You can't change anything. He is president elect and he will continue to the white house(if he doesn't get shot). So you will have to deal with it. That's how democracy(The US isn't one anyway) works.

No. That's not at all how it works.

I've seen this statement many times, especially on social media. But a major point of democracy is that it is not limited to an election. That's the great thing about it: If I lose an election, I don't have to go into a dark corner and suffer for the next four years - that would be undemocratic. But I can go out and voice my opinion and protest the things that I feel go wrong. Protests on the streets (as long as they're peaceful), to some (way lesser) extent even this discussion, is lived democracy at its finest.

By the way, many of those calling those protesters sore losers were the same people that called for a preparation of Clinton's impeachment trial the day she would take office. And even that would have been a valid democratic process.

As for the experts, you should be able to tell the difference between a social media (or "internet" ) expert, a field that only exists maybe 15 years and to my knowledge can't even be studied, and global policy analysts, who have worked in diplomatic organisations and/or have extensively studied it and/or have even had contact with the people they're talking about. And no, of course they're not necessarily right at all times, but the probability that they know it better than I do (or you do) is a little higher, wouldn't you say?

I agree with the first part. It's not limited to the elections, but he got elected and we have to accept that. We don't have to like it, and you can go on the streets and demonstrate, if you want. But the thing is, that most people are now discrediting or threatening Trump-supporters, which is the wrong path. Also they think, that with Trump, the world will end, because he will bomb everyone. They say, that "we have to fear for all our lives, if we don't stop him."

Surely those experts know more than we do, but some also say, that Trump will be alright. Also blind trust is not a good thing.

It's a bad sign, that you can only say your opinion(if you're on the "wrong" side), on a site like daily, because you would get banned off Twitter, lose your job or get beaten up. And even on daily, you can't say your opinion, because you get kicked out of teams and stuff. You have to fear to say your opinion out loud nowadays, but on the other hand, if you're on the "right" side, you can do whatever you want. Or do you think, it would be allowed to put Trump/the AfD in the MG? I don't think so.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Avin Wargunnson
Also, nacism is only so short episode in glorious history of german states and area, while from the times of Muscovite principalities, the russian state is expansive in its deepest core, maybe with only few light periods like the one around Peter the Great.
I'll be back

Avin Wargunnson
What the heck are you still talking about...can you just stop with allusions and tell us, who is threating you and kicked you out of some Daily team because of your political opinion? I really doubt there are people here on Daily that would kick you out of anything because of that...maybe you acted like idiot and that was the reason?

Btw. Trump team in MG would be hillarious, so go on with it please, here is a picture for a shirt:

i.sli.mg/ep8y7G.png

Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 23-11-2016 08:34
I'll be back

alexkr00
Avin, you should stay for another year and do it yourself Wink
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Avin Wargunnson
Nah, i am not sure that i would found enough mexican immigrants to b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶l̶ ride for me. Cool
I'll be back

alexkr00
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Nah, i am not sure that i would found enough mexican immigrants to b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶l̶ ride for me. Cool

Neah, build a team with North American leaders and Mexican water carriers.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Paul23
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
What the heck are you still talking about...can you just stop with allusions and tell us, who is threating you and kicked you out of some Daily team because of your political opinion? I really doubt there are people here on Daily that would kick you out of anything because of that...maybe you acted like idiot and that was the reason?

Btw. Trump team in MG would be hillarious, so go on with it please, here is a picture for a shirt:

i.sli.mg/ep8y7G.png

I won't say who threathens me, because I don't want to start a witch hunt. Also it's not directly about me, but it's also happening in the US. If some woman says, that "People have to die, for them to make a change against Trump." I would feel threathened.

And yes, I got kicked out of the daily db team by haasje for my opinion in the "difficult topics" thread. That was the reason he gave me.

Regarding your other posts. History doesn't neccessarily repeat. It can be, that russia can work well with the US, despite the past. Otherwise we germans are a warmongering country, still. I mean, we started 2 world wars and were already warmongering before.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Avin Wargunnson
alexkr00 wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:

That could work indeed, just one more slovenian immigrant to pleasure me and i am okay as the team owner. Smile

Paul, i am sorry to hear that you were kicked out from the database team because of your opinions here, are you sure that was the only reason? If it was, i think that it should be looked at...and if you dont wanna talk about who threatens you, dont open that topic at all i would say, because that way it only seems dull...

I agree that history does not necessarily repeats, but it goes in circles. But you are just using empty phrases, what i want to hear is, why you think that Putin wants to cooperate with USA, if not for own gain for Russia? He spent last 15 years saying and acting to make Russia fearsome hegemon again and now he will just forget it and make the world peace with Trump? Come on...
I'll be back

Paul23
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
alexkr00 wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:

That could work indeed, just one more slovenian immigrant to pleasure me and i am okay as the team owner. Smile

Paul, i am sorry to hear that you were kicked out from the database team because of your opinions here, are you sure that was the only reason? If it was, i think that it should be looked at...and if you dont wanna talk about who threatens you, dont open that topic at all i would say, because that way it only seems dull...

I agree that history does not necessarily repeats, but it goes in circles. But you are just using empty phrases, what i want to hear is, why you think that Putin wants to cooperate with USA, if not for own gain for Russia? He spent last 15 years saying and acting to make Russia fearsome hegemon again and now he will just forget it and make the world peace with Trump? Come on...

Well, as a guy, that understands Putins actions, I don't think that he wants to make war. Putin surely wants to keep as much power as he wants, hence the Krimea annexion. He couldn't afford losing his military outpost to the NATO. He got pushed in the corner by the NATO, with the US at it's lead. I wouldn't be happy either, if my worst enemy would destabilize my closest friend(Ukraine). US and Russia getting along, would probably lead to terminating ISIS, stopping the east-expansion of the NATO, hence Russia could give the Crimea back. Then, everyone could drop the sanctions on russia. Putin would be happy with that. Also the bank accounts of the rich in Russia would be un-freezed. That would be a huge gain for russia. And in the opposite, Trump and the US could get rid of ISIS as well, and then focus on inner-state-issues, like the illegal immigrants.

Also about the "expert" thingy. There are currently "experts", that say, that Clinton should appeal against the vote result, because they think that it could be rigged. They have no proof for that...great "experts".
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

cunego59
Paul23 wrote:
Also about the "expert" thingy. There are currently "experts", that say, that Clinton should appeal against the vote result, because they think that it could be rigged. They have no proof for that...great "experts".

If you could just try to generalize a little less, it would help these discussions so much ...

Paul23
cunego59 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:

If you could just try to generalize a little less, it would help these discussions so much ...

I could say the same about you and Avin.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

cunego59
You don't see me complaining that every Trump or AfD supporter is called racist because some of them are, just to go ahead and disqualify ALL the experts because some of them don't live up to their label ... You must be aware of the discrepancy, are you not?

Alakagom
I don't want to derail this great banter, but Clinton has officially now passed 2m more votes than Trump, as well as 1.5 point difference.

She must be delighted Pfft
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content