· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2007
 Print Thread
Known bugs - Outdated!
CrueTrue
Here's a list of bugs in the PCM.daily 08.DB

"Career enders":
- Omloop Het Volk crashes and can't be simulated if you sign up for the race. You can only play this race if you're registered to it to begin with.
- Milano - San Remo crashes and can't be simulated if you sign up for the race. You can only play this race if you're registered to it to begin with.

The two above mentioned bugs can be fixed by unsubscribing teams from the races. A guide is available here: https://www.pcmdaily.com/readarticle.p...icle_id=41

Teams and riders:
- Some CT-teams start with a negative wage budget
- Chris Horner is listed as absolute leader
- Fulfilling the Tour of Wellington sponsor goal doesn't have any effect
- In general, it seems to be too difficult to impress sponsors
- Kai Reus, Rabobank CT -> Rabobank
- Sven Nys, Rabobank CT -> Landbouwkrediet
- Rider duplicate: Nic Anderson (Jelly Belly and Free Agent)
- Euskaltel is invited to too many races compared to their real life schedule
- 1.2-races don't give enough points.

Unplayable stages (stages which can't load):
- 2nd stage of Paris - Nice 2008
- World's View Challenge
- "3rd stage of a Polish stagerace at the 10th of May"

Other stage bugs:
- Omloop Het Volk has some flying riders here and there when they reach Taaienberg
- Clásica Almeriá has a hilly profile in the game where it's supposed to be flat
- No cobbles in the Lincoln GP
- Kemmelberg isn't in on the 3rd stage of 3daagse Van West Vlaanderen as it's supposed to be
- In the Australian ITT Championship, the riders start on the middle of the road instead of on the TT ramp
- Funny roads on 6th stage of Paris - Nice 2008
- 1st stage of Tour of the Gila is listed as flat, but it should be mountain
- Osterreich Rundfahrt has a couple of bugs (stage 2 is only 52 km long, ITT-stage is actually a road race of just 24 km and last stage is listed as hilly though it should be flat)
- Spelling error on the 13th stage of Tour de France 2008 (Nimes)
- 4th stage of Tour de Georgia is supposed to be a TTT
- Istanbul Criterium should not be a part of the Presidential Tour, but should be a race for itself

Graphical Problems:
- Gusev is not wearing the Russian TT Champion-jersey even though he's supposed to do (this could be a general problem with all ITT-champions)
Edited by CrueTrue on 30-05-2008 22:45

http://www.pcmdaily.com
SportingNonsense
Another 'bug' is that Rapha Condor - Recycling need to be added to the startlist to a few recent French races. Tour de Bretagne Cycliste, Tour du Loir-et-Cher and Circuit des Ardennes (Listed as Belgian in the db)
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

CrueTrue
Please use the comments and suggestions thread Wink

wackojackohighcliffe
CrueTrue wrote:
(this could be a general problem with all ITT-champions)

It doesnt seem to be (I know Zabriskie is wearing his)

Macquet
Graphical Problems:
- Gusev is not wearing the Russian TT Champion-jersey even though he's supposed to do (this could be a general problem with all ITT-champions)

***if you go into the CM_textures folder where the jerseys are and delete the _itt extension from the yourteam_maillot_yourcountryhere the problem goes away, somewhere along the line the _itt extension stopped working I think.

wackojackohighcliffe
Cheers Macquet

jonas3344
Elias Schmäh (Team Volksbank) is Swiss, not German.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:41
Bot Agent

IP: None  
CrueTrue
Thanks.

Dennuz
Will a patch be made for this bug? Hope so... It is a good database!

5. Search for the race, using the number you noted, by looking under the column "fkIDrace", and then locate your team's row using the team ID you noted down in step 3.

Can this explaination be more specified? It is about the DYN_team_race.
Which fields must be filled?

And when you save your changes, you see the three tables standing under eachother: STA_race, DYN_team and DYN_team_race
Do you have to select them all and then save? When I did that I got an error!

Please help me out...
Edited by Dennuz on 02-05-2008 17:30

stuntlucas
I have a thing to report:

On stage 2 of Vuelta a Castilla y Leon, a moutain stage, the riders have only one bottle...Of course that's not enough...Wink

I have reisntalled the pack...But always the same..Frown

Addy291
It is normally set like that to give better/more realistic gameplayWink
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

stuntlucas
Ok...But it requires lots of effort control...

schleck93
Will or will there not come a patch for the DB? and if when can we ekspect it?

Waghlon
I think Crue has said more than once that there will most likely not be a patch due to Dankan being busy until July.
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
schleck93
Okay then im going to download spainSad

Mads_0
I dunno if this happened to anyone else. But i had a bunch of trouble with transfers.

First of, when in talks with a team about purchasing a riders, the team names were in some instances swapped. The topic-text was correct. So if Lampre wanted to buy a rider from me, but had a change of heart, the Topic would Read "Lampre are no longer interested etc." but in the mail it would say "Team CSC are no longer interested in purchasing XXXXXX" This happened with a few sales that went through, which was a bit confusing.

The biggest problem however was that i was not able to purchase ANY riders. When they weren't happy with my offer they'd let me know, and that worked fine. But when i offered so much money that they could not refuse, i didn't hear anything more. If i checked the transfers section it woulf say that i was allready in talks with the rider. But i would never get the option to offer them a contract, or a "bid accepted" notification or anything. It just seemed like when they accepted, nothing happened Sad

On a brighter note. That's stats seem to work really well in the V2. In V1 i got some fairly unreal results at times. But in V2 the right riders seem to be doing well in the right races. I did manage to win all 3 GT's though(Schleck, Sastre, Schleck), but every time with a margin of under 2 minutes to the runner up. I really enjoy the DB, but the transfers thing was annoying.

SportingNonsense
The transfers is just generally cyanide I think.

Playing with PCMSpain, I regularly get messages saying Team X is no longer interested in one of my riders - when the game has never told me that they were interested in the first place.

And sometimes riders did refuse a stupidly high offer, or even neither refuse or accept my offer at all.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

mrlol
I'm pretty sure it's cyanide who screwed this up, as trading of riders with contracts indeed seems to not really work.

www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
Mads_0
I guess i could load up Dashboard and just do some realistic transfers. I think, apart from free-signings. A total of like 4 riders were transferred

Valor
Major problem: Peter and Martin Velits are Slovakians not Slovenians

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots