· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Results PT/PTHC
 Print Thread
Vuelta a Espana - Stage 5
Smowz
i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/parcours-4.jpg

La Vuelta likes to put mountains in the first week of the race, and we have a mouth watering double header in the south of Spain. Tomorrow sees the big debut of the massive Pico de Veneta, but today's mountain top finish up the Sierra de Mijas should not be underestimated.

We have four 3rd category and two second category climbs on the approach, so by the time the riders look to climb the 11 kilometre average 8% 1st Category Mijas climb things will be really stretched.

Look for the races first GC shake out, it is expected that i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/santander.png Santander will be showcasing their considerable talents.

The early part of the day is a big King of the Mountains opportunity, though it is the animators of the previous three stages Milka who are up their old tricks as 2nd on GC at 4 seconds i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/milka.png Thomas De Gendt is on the attack again!

i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/colombia.png Cayetano Sarmiento
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/jackwolfskin.png Jason Donald
and
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bo.png Juraj Sagan
initially join him with
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/carmeuse.png Ben Curfs
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/wikipedia.png Brent Bookwalter
Renäng
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/jackwolfskin.png Benoît Vaugrenard
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/sonyericson.png Sebastian Lang

and
young rider jersey wearer i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bo.png Steven Kruijswijk joining them.

De Gendt takes the sprint, which is good enough for him to overtake Reimer on GC if the pack were to finish together today - which is unfortunately unlikely you would think.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/1-DeGendttakesthesprint.jpg

De Gendt isn't really that close in the sprints competition, so the Belgian must be thinking of GC glory! Kruijswijk is second and Bookwalter third at the first sprint.

Kruijswijk does better at the second sprint outsprinting a keen Bookwalter and 'virtual red jersey' De Gendt.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/2-Kruisjvijkatsecond.jpg

The first third category climb is upon us and Bookwalter has looked lively this morning is spritely enough to take the first winning points ahead of young Carmuese man Curfs with Sarmiento third.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/3-Bookwaltertakesclimb.jpg

Facci, the King of the Mountains leader will likely lose his jersey today as he is not present in the break. Also resigned to losing his red leaders jersey is i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/spyker.png Martin Reimer whose Spyker team are milking their last day in the hotseat by tapping out a decent pace.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/4-Oneforthescrapbook.jpg

Onto the next 3rd category climb and things are beginning to spice up as
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/vesuvio.png Mwangi Samwel
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/warnerbros.png Carlos Barredo
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/webeffect.png Vitor Rodrigues
attack the peloton. All three are very useful climbers so will need to be watched carefully.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/5-SamwelBarredoandRodrigues.jpg

They do not bridge to the breakaway before the end of this climb and Curfs teakes this one ahead of Bookwalter and Sarmiento.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/6-BookwalteredgesCurfs.jpg

It takes Curfs and Bookwalter to 10 King of the Mountains points with Sarmieto on 4. But Bookwalter re-exerts his dominence and indeed goes into the provisional King of the Mountains lead at the next climb.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/7-SorrynowBookwlateredgescurfs.jpg

Curfs is second here with De Gendt popping up in third, perhaps now Milka will look for King of the Mountains glory? But Bookwalter has now nabbed a decent 16 points with Curfs on 14, former KoM leader Facci is back on 10 points.

It will be tougher to get points for the lead two now though as they are joined by the strong climbing chasers Samwel, Barredo and Rodrigues. We 100km left of the stage and the gap is a tasty 6.41, have these climbers stolen a march here.

The pace in the pack still is not that high as evidenced by more attacks... first
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bo.png Andrei Grivko

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/8-Grivkonow.jpg

Meanwhile on out 4th and last King of the Mountains Rodrigues and Samwel stretch things out.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/9-RodandSamwelleadbreak.jpg

This pace drops Lang, Sagan and Kruisjvijk which probably explains why Grivko attacked!

At the top of the 3rd category climb neither Curfs nor Bookwalter can infiltrate the points as Samwel takes the maximum over Rodrigues and Barredo.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/10-Samweltakesmountainprime.jpg

We get more attacks from the pack:
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/colombia.png Michael Rogers
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/pearl.png Petar Panayotov
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/wiggle.png Timofey Kritskiy
and
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/pendletons.png Konstantin Siutsou

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/11-Moreattacksfromthepack.jpg

We move on now to the up and down lengthy 22km first of two second category climbs, a bit of a surprise early on as the breakaway breaks up with Rodrigues and Barredo ahead of Samwel and the rest.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/12-BarredoandRodriguessurprisinglydropSamwel.jpg

It's 88km to go here and Samwel rather strangely eases back to the other chasers seemingly to encourage a bit more energy. Since the three had come across they seemed to be doing all the work. You fancy the climbers who have crossed have a chance as they have 5.10 on Kritskiy, Rogers, Panayotov, Kritskiy and Siutsou and a very good 7.36 on the pack.

Samwel sits in the break behind De Gendt who just may have a high GC position after today after all.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/13-DeGendtleadsbreak.jpg

As the climb kicks up though, Samwel decides to bridge up to Rodrigues and Barredo, only young Curfs has the energy to go with the Kenyan.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/14-Samwelbridgestoleadtwo.jpg

Though as soon as Curfs gets up there he cracks, the young Belgian may just be able to nab the King of the Mountains jersey today if he hangs on to 4th place.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/15Curfsdropped.jpg

The favourites are beginning to bring their whipping boys to the front and its Festina's whipping boy in chief i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/festina.png José Serpa who now is hammering on the front shredding down the peloton in the process.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/16-Sepabeginstobreakthepackup.jpg

With 75km to go here is the situation:
Samwel, Rodrigues and Barredo
Curfs at 1.56
Kritiskiy, Sarmiento, De Gendt, Bookwalter at 3.04
Vaugranardat 3.24
Donald, Siutsou, Kritskiy, Rogers, Panayotov, Grivkoat 4.30
Pack at 6.42
Rohregger, Kangert etc.at 7.52

The climb has been a long one but the first real shuffle in the Vuelta and it is Rodrigues who grabs a bit of glory for Portugal by being first to the summit ahead of Samwel and Barredo.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/17-RodriguesedgesSamwel.jpg

Kritskiy climbs brilliantly and overtakes Curfs before the summit alone.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/18-Kritskiyclimsbwell.jpg

Curfs holds on for 5th and the King of the Mountains situation has Curfs and Bookwalter leading on 16 points but Samwel and Rodrigues on 14 points likely to threaten.

In the pack business is really picking up as
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/santander.png Justo Tenorio
and
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/santander.png David Arroyo
are really picking up the pace.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/19-ArroyoandTenoriotakeoverasclimbsteepens.jpg

Kritskiy has allowed Curfs to come back to him, the wiggle rider appears to have sat up... why could this be?

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/20-Kritskiyappearstohavesatup.jpg

The lead three Samwel, Rodrigues and Barredo have 4.30 on Kritskiy, Curfs now joined by Grivko, Rogers, Panayotev and Suitsou. The pack though have been reduced to just 16 and Popovich is not there so the reason fro Kritskiy's pause becomes clear.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/21-Sanatnderhavemadeaselection.jpg

The full list of Santanders 16 man selection is:
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/santander.png Arroyo, Gonzalo, Valls, Tenorio, Madrazo
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/festina.png Contador, Serpa, Dees, Morabito
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/webeffect.png Camano, Sella
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/proximus.png De Weert, Valverde
and previous breakaways Bookwalter, De Gendt and Sarmiento

This has about a minute on the other favourites including red jersey Reimer, fortunately for them
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/vesuvio.png Maxim Iglinski
and
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/sonyericson.png Serge Pauwels
pull it back.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/22-IglinskiandPauwelsbringbacksplit.jpg

Santander push hard and pull the other breakaways apart from the lead three back, but undeterred Panayotov and Siutsou attack again as we reach the second of the two 2nd category climbs.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/23-Panayotovpower.jpg

But with Arroyo, Tenorio and Valls on the front for Santander the attackers struggle to get very far and our breakaway of three leaders is being reduced dramatically.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/24-Sanatanderreallypulling.jpg

Reimer who thus far has been holding on pretty well, is now beginning to slip off the back. It looks like any hopes of a further day in red are disappearing here.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/25-Reimerstimeisnearlyup.jpg

At the next King of the mountains Barredo takes the full points, but it is Samwell in second place who take the provisional lead in that competition.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/26-BarredotakesnextKoM.jpg

The debris from this climb with Santander really pulling hard on the front becomes clear on the descent things have been reduced to just 28 chasing riders.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/29-28ridersclear.jpg

i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/santander.png Tenorio, Arroyo, Gonzalo, Valls, Madrazo
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/festina.png Serpa, Dees, Contador
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/colombia.png Rogers, Abal
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/jackwolfskin.png Rubén Plaza
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/nestle.png Delgado, Denifl
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/pearl.png Pnayotov, Machado
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/pendletons.png Siutsou, Menchov
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/sonyericson.png Walter Pedraza
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/ubs.png Marquez, Gomez Marchente
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bo.png Andrei Grivko
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/vesuvio.png Iglinski, Intxausti
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/webeffect.png Camano, Sella
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/wiggle.png Kritskiy , Popovich
and
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/proximus.png Alejandro Valverde

It seems our first big selection has been made and as Santander continue to lead the pace the lead three have just two minutes at the foot of the days final climb.

Samwel the King of the Mountains elect attacks at the foot of the climb.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/30Samwelattacksatfoot.jpg

At the beginning of the climb it is evident that the roads are pretty narrow, positioning is important Plaza and Popovich are pretty far back.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/31-Itsnarrow.jpg

It makes more sense to be at the other side of things, Machado, Gomez Marchente and Abal attack off the front.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/32-Machaodleadsattacks.jpg

The riders who were sitting a little way back get distanced this included Valverde, Popovich and Contador!

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/33-PopoContadorandValvcaught.jpg

As Santander continue to close things down at the front a former Santander rider encouraged by the carnage he is causing behind David Abal attacks again. This time dragging Sella and Gomez Marchanet with him as they pass Samwel and the rest of the breakaways.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/34-AttackerspassSamwel.jpg

Giro runner up Sella shows once again that he is simply one of the greatest climbers in the world as he powers on alone ahead of the two Spanish riders Abal and Gomez Marchante.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/35-SEllaeasesahead.jpg

Nothing from the other favourites yet and some of the dropped riders previously have sorted themselves out as now Tenorio leads an elite group with team leader Madrazo, teammates Arroyo and Valls, Intxausti,Machado, Valverde, Valls and Contador.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/36-Tenorioleadsbehind.jpg

behind this group Popovich and Denifl are working hard with Jose Serpa holding on.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/37-PopoandDenigflstruggleforcontact.jpg

We look back further and we see Menchov, Marquez, Plaza and Pedraza struggling to keep their Vuelta high GC hopes alive.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/38-MenchovandPlazaarefurtherbackwithGomezM.jpg

The climb goes on like this and no attacks from Santander seemingly content to let Tenorio keep control. The young domestique does catch Abal and Gomez Marchante, though drops Valls. Even so Sella continues to plough on leading by 35 seconds with 3km to go.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/39-Sellaleadssolo.jpg

We are clearing the tree line and behind Sella, the names to challenge in this years Vuelta are revelaing themselves with Madrazo now on the front ahead of Valverde, Intxausti, Arroyo, Contador, Tenorio, Gomez Marchante, Abal and Machado.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/40Santanderleadelitegroup.jpg

Madrazo stretches it....

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/41-Madrazojustfloatsforward.jpg
The elastic to Valverde is stretching...

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/42-Valverdecannotkeepup.jpg

Last years Vuelta champion sinks back deep into his saddle he cannot keep up with Madrazo who sets off in pursuit of Sella. Seeing the weakness in Valverde, Contador now tries a dig.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/43-MadrazouptheroadContaatatcks.jpg

No response from Valverde or Intxausti, Gomez Marchante and Abal come around to attack again.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/44-GomezMandAbaltoo.jpg

Up front Madrazo cannot close on Sella who has bought Giro form to the Vuelta and is showing surprising resilience.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/45-Sellaholds.jpg

We go to the overhead and the elite climbers Sella and Madrazo have opened a huge gap to Contador and the chasing Gomez Marchante.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/46-SellaandMadrazohaveleadonContaandGomezM.jpg

Sella takes the win, which signifies that the Italian is a big threat here in the Vuelta.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/47-Sellawins.jpg

Madrazo finishes just 14 seconds behind, it's not completelyu dominating but is enough to take the red jersey today.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/48-Madrazotakestheredjersey.jpg

Contador crosses timed at 39 seconds, there was a brief moment when Festina's star man was misplaced but he fought back well and perhaps will kick himself for not being able to go with Madrazo at the key moment.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/49-Contadorcrosses.jpg

Gomez Marchante comes through for 4th at 59 seconds, UBS will probably be happy enough with that.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/50-GomezMcanbepleased.jpg

Abal has been caught by Intxausti and Valverde in the finale. Intxausti and Valverde know each other well from last year but must realise they need something extra for glory in this years Vuelta rather than cautious watching of each other.They finish at 1.17 a little way ahead of Santander pair Arroyo and Tenorio and also Machado.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/51-AbaliswithIntandValv.jpg

At just over two minutes is Popovich and Denifl with Iglinski and Serpa just behind them.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/52-Popoabitbacktoday.jpg

Plaza doesn't like these steep ones and couldn't follow the pace today finishing well back at 3.22 with Menchov.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/Vuelta/53-Plazaiswelloffpace.jpg

Stage results
The gaps opened up today but no eliminations, everyone finished within an hour!
RankNameTeamTime
1Emanuele SellaWebeffect5h45'34
2Angel MadrazoSantander+ 14
3Alberto ContadorFestina - Conec+ 39
4José Angel Gomez MarchanteUBS - La Pierre+ 59
5Alejandro ValverdeProximus - Trek+ 1'15
6Beñat IntxaustiVesuvio-Accumaluxs.t.
7David AbalCafé de Colombias.t.
8David ArroyoSantander+ 1'27
9Tiago MachadoPearl Adidass.t.
10Justo TenorioSantander+ 1'32
11Jaroslav PopovychWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 2'02
12Stefan DeniflNestlé Cycling Team+ 2'13
13Maxim IglinskiVesuvio-Accumalux+ 2'42
14José SerpaFestina - Conec+ 3'09
15Rafael VallsSantanders.t.
16Rubén PlazaJack Wolfskin+ 3'22
17Florentino MarquezUBS - La Pierres.t.
18Denis MenchovPendleton's Twicers.t.
19Walter PedrazaSony Ericsson+ 3'57
20Petar PanayotovPearl Adidas+ 4'14
21Mwangi SamwelVesuvio-Accumaluxs.t.
22Konstantin SiutsouPendleton's Twicers.t.
23Timofey KritskiyWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 5'15
24Carlos BarredoWarner Brothers+ 5'20
25Andrei GrivkoTeam B&Os.t.
26Vitor RodriguesWebeffects.t.
27Nico KeinathTeam B&O+ 7'08
28Eduardo GonzaloSantanders.t.
29Iker CamañoWebeffects.t.
30Yeison DelgadoNestlé Cycling Teams.t.
31Michael RogersCafé de Colombia+ 7'25
32Tim DeesFestina - Conecs.t.
33Serge PauwelsSony Ericsson+ 8'54
34Thomas FaiersPendleton's Twicers.t.
35Ian BibbyWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
36Francisco José TerciadoBacardi - Ignis+ 9'04
37Sergio PardillaBacardi - Ignis+ 10'10
38Branislav SamoilevPearl Adidas+ 10'14
39Teodoro CostagliWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
40Christophe RiblonUBS - La Pierre+ 11'42
41Jocelin MailletNestlé Cycling Teams.t.
42Thomas RohreggerMilka - Vittel+ 11'52
43Steve MorabitoFestina - Conec+ 13'04
44Marconi DuránNestlé Cycling Team+ 14'26
45Danilo Di LucaNestlé Cycling Teams.t.
46David LoosliNestlé Cycling Teams.t.
47Paolo ScarponiWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
48Philip DeignanPendleton's Twicers.t.
49Antonio Colom MasWarner Brotherss.t.
50Iban MayoWarner Brotherss.t.
51Santiago Perez FernandezWarner Brothers+ 14'48
52Francisco Perez SanchezCafé de Colombia+ 14'56
53Matea KvasinaVesuvio-Accumalux+ 15'07
54Jackson RodríguezPearl Adidass.t.
55Tanel KangertPearl Adidass.t.
56Simon ZahnerUBS - La Pierre+ 15'20
57Leopold KönigMilka - Vittels.t.
58Jianhua JiPendleton's Twicers.t.
59Andrey ZeitsSpyker Cars+ 15'38
60César Rojas VillegasWarner Brotherss.t.
61José Antonio PecharromanSpyker Cars+ 15'45
62Martin ReimerSpyker Cars+ 15'49
63William WalkerPearl Adidas+ 16'01
64Lars Ytting BakSpyker Cars+ 16'21
65Daniel TeklehaimanotSpyker Carss.t.
66Kevin De WeertProximus - Treks.t.
67Rudi Van HoutsWarner Brotherss.t.
68Marc De MaarProximus - Trek+ 16'34
69David ClaereboutVesuvio-Accumalux+ 16'49
70Thomas BontenackelsWebeffect+ 18'45
71Dominique CornuJack Wolfskin+ 19'39
72Mauro FacciWarner Brotherss.t.
73Egoi Martínez de EstebanSpyker Cars+ 19'47
74Roman KreuzigerMilka - Vittel+ 20'16
75Tom DiggleWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 20'58
76Joost PosthumaJack Wolfskin+ 21'26
77Drasutis StundziaVesuvio-Accumalux+ 21'53
78Florian StalderUBS - La Pierre+ 22'11
79Óscar SolisCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 22'54
80Michael Van StayenBacardi - Ignis+ 22'59
81Rafael Rodríguez SegarraFestina - Conec+ 23'03
82Nolan HoffmanNestlé Cycling Team+ 23'07
83Jesus Del NeroSantander+ 23'15
84Steven CummingsPendleton's Twicer+ 23'21
85Vladimir BilekaWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 23'26
86Jurgen RoelandtsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 23'31
87David López GarciaSantander+ 23'59
88Nicolas EdetSpyker Carss.t.
89Imanol ErvitiSantander+ 24'57
90Ben CurfsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 25'05
91Matej MugerliBacardi - Ignis+ 25'25
92Cayetano SarmientoCafé de Colombia+ 25'42
93Jerome CoppelMilka - Vittel+ 26'27
94Thomas De GendtMilka - Vittel+ 26'35
95Brent BookwalterWikipedias.t.
96Benoît VaugrenardJack Wolfskin+ 27'02
97Jason DonaldJack Wolfskin+ 28'53
98Tony GallopinCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 30'04
99Steven KruijswijkTeam B&O+ 31'03
100Sebastian LangSony Ericsson+ 35'43
101Juraj SaganTeam B&O+ 35'48
102Juan Manuel GárateTeam D+ 35'58
103Xabier ZandioTeam D+ 36'07
104Patxi VilaTeam Ds.t.
105Jakub DanacikSony Ericsson+ 43'31
106Tom DanielsonWebeffects.t.
107Aleksej KunshinWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
108Alex Ardila CanoCafé de Colombia+ 43'41
109Thomas FreiUBS - La Pierres.t.
110Bradley WigginsPendleton's Twicer+ 43'48
111Dan HollowayFestina - Conecs.t.
112Maximiliano RichezeUBS - La Pierre+ 43'55
113Eric BerthouPearl Adidas+ 43'59
114Maxime BouetMilka - Vittel+ 44'03
115Christoph MaiWikipedias.t.
116Reinhardt Janse van RensburgWikipedia+ 44'11
117Morgan KneiskyCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecoms.t.
118Ethan WeissSpyker Carss.t.
119Oscar SevillaTeam Ds.t.
120Paride GrilloSony Ericsson+ 44'23
121Tom LeezerPearl Adidass.t.
122Ciaran KellyWikipedia+ 44'29
123William Germán Rodríguez ParraCafé de Colombias.t.
124Jesse SergentWarner Brotherss.t.
125David MillarPendleton's Twicer+ 44'36
126Mark CavendishProximus - Treks.t.
127Sébastien RosselerJack Wolfskins.t.
128Juan Pablo ForeroMilka - Vittels.t.
129Matthieu LadagnousPendleton's Twicers.t.
130Koen De KortJack Wolfskins.t.
131Tyler FarrarWikipedias.t.
132Evgeni SokolovBacardi - Igniss.t.
133José Antonio Baños BallesterCafé de Colombias.t.
134Alexandre AulasCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecoms.t.
135Michael Faerk ChristensenTeam B&Os.t.
136Steven CaethovenCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 44'55
137Daniel AlloncaSantanders.t.
138Juan Van HeerdenWikipedias.t.
139Wouter WeylandtCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecoms.t.
140Marcel KittelVesuvio-Accumaluxs.t.
141Kristof VandewalleJack Wolfskins.t.
142Jaime Alberto CastañedaCafé de Colombias.t.
143Cameron MeyerSony Ericssons.t.
144Mathieu BernaudeauFestina - Conecs.t.
145Alexander WetterhallSony Ericssons.t.
146Jonas DecouttereWikipedia+ 45'16
147Óscar AvelinoWebeffects.t.
148Rafaâ ChtiouiUBS - La Pierres.t.
149Dennis Van WindenJack Wolfskins.t.
150Yannick StoltzProximus - Treks.t.
151Tyler ButterfieldBacardi - Ignis+ 45'27
152Danilo KupfernagelNestlé Cycling Teams.t.
153Yauheni HutarovichMilka - Vittels.t.
154David KoppProximus - Treks.t.
155Fabio SilvestreWebeffects.t.
156Matt RoweWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
157Simas KondrotasBacardi - Igniss.t.
158Morten ReckwegTeam B&O+ 45'41
159Andreas StauffVesuvio-Accumaluxs.t.
160Haijun MaProximus - Treks.t.
161Sven VandousselaereCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecoms.t.
162Michael VanderaerdenMilka - Vittels.t.
163Kristof GoddaertFestina - Conec+ 45'55
164Freddy JohanssonSony Ericsson+ 46'31
165Sam BennettCafé de Colombia+ 46'38
166Davide AppollonioWebeffect+ 46'44
167Jose MendesPearl Adidas+ 47'15
168Patrick GretschNestlé Cycling Team+ 47'25
169Vojtech HaceckýProximus - Trek+ 47'37
170Niels ScheunemannSpyker Cars+ 54'43
171Igor AbakoumovBacardi - Ignis+ 59'41
172Jens MourisProximus - Treks.t.
173Sten StenersenTeam B&Os.t.
174Casper JørgensenTeam B&O+ 59'50
175Dimitri ChampionUBS - La Pierres.t.

GC
Reimer is down to 41st. Santander have grabbed the lead, though Madrazo cannot afford to allow Sella to take all the Mountains stages like this. Contador should get himself better positioned now he his set up in a podium place. The gaps are yet to truly open up in the GC favourites, but Plaza has lost a lot of his gained ground from the TT in one day in the mountains.
RankNameTeamTime
1Angel MadrazoSantander22h29'41
2Emanuele SellaWebeffect+ 14
3Alberto ContadorFestina - Conec+ 35
4David AbalCafé de Colombia+ 1'18
5Beñat IntxaustiVesuvio-Accumalux+ 1'19
6Justo TenorioSantander+ 1'26
7Alejandro ValverdeProximus - Trek+ 1'28
8Tiago MachadoPearl Adidas+ 1'32
9David ArroyoSantander+ 2'09
10Stefan DeniflNestlé Cycling Team+ 2'38
11Maxim IglinskiVesuvio-Accumalux+ 3'13
12Rubén PlazaJack Wolfskin+ 3'15
13José Angel Gomez MarchanteUBS - La Pierre+ 3'41
14Rafael VallsSantander+ 3'42
15Denis MenchovPendleton's Twicer+ 3'56
16Florentino MarquezUBS - La Pierre+ 3'58
17Jaroslav PopovychWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 4'21
18Walter PedrazaSony Ericsson+ 4'33
19Konstantin SiutsouPendleton's Twicer+ 4'55
20Petar PanayotovPearl Adidas+ 4'58
21Timofey KritskiyWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 5'09
22Mwangi SamwelVesuvio-Accumalux+ 5'29
23Andrei GrivkoTeam B&O+ 5'39
24Carlos BarredoWarner Brotherss.t.
25José SerpaFestina - Conec+ 5'56
26Vitor RodriguesWebeffect+ 6'06
27Michael RogersCafé de Colombia+ 6'56
28Nico KeinathTeam B&O+ 7'19
29Iker CamañoWebeffect+ 7'40
30Eduardo GonzaloSantander+ 8'07
31Serge PauwelsSony Ericsson+ 9'13
32Ian BibbyWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 9'17
33Thomas FaiersPendleton's Twicer+ 9'19
34Tim DeesFestina - Conec+ 9'44
35Francisco José TerciadoBacardi - Ignis+ 10'05
36Thomas RohreggerMilka - Vittel+ 12'06
37Sergio PardillaBacardi - Ignis+ 12'40
38Branislav SamoilevPearl Adidas+ 12'54
39Yeison DelgadoNestlé Cycling Team+ 14'07
40Christophe RiblonUBS - La Pierre+ 14'10
41Martin ReimerSpyker Cars+ 14'13
42Jocelin MailletNestlé Cycling Team+ 14'55
43Danilo Di LucaNestlé Cycling Team+ 15'22
44Steve MorabitoFestina - Conec+ 15'49
45Leopold KönigMilka - Vittel+ 16'00
46Jianhua JiPendleton's Twicer+ 16'05
47Simon ZahnerUBS - La Pierre+ 16'18
48William WalkerPearl Adidas+ 16'41
49Marc De MaarProximus - Trek+ 17'01
50Teodoro CostagliWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 17'07
51Matea KvasinaVesuvio-Accumalux+ 17'35
52Philip DeignanPendleton's Twicers.t.
53Kevin De WeertProximus - Trek+ 17'36
54Paolo ScarponiWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 17'38
55Tanel KangertPearl Adidas+ 17'43
56Mauro FacciWarner Brothers+ 19'09
57Dominique CornuJack Wolfskin+ 19'29
58Antonio Colom MasWarner Brothers+ 19'31
59Iban MayoWarner Brotherss.t.
60David LoosliNestlé Cycling Team+ 19'59
61Andrey ZeitsSpyker Cars+ 21'07
62José Antonio PecharromanSpyker Cars+ 21'16
63Francisco Perez SanchezCafé de Colombia+ 22'06
64Drasutis StundziaVesuvio-Accumalux+ 22'23
65Roman KreuzigerMilka - Vittel+ 22'30
66Jackson RodríguezPearl Adidas+ 22'43
67Thomas BontenackelsWebeffect+ 23'08
68Joost PosthumaJack Wolfskin+ 23'14
69Tom DiggleWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 23'43
70Michael Van StayenBacardi - Ignis+ 23'48
71Jurgen RoelandtsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 23'53
72Rafael Rodríguez SegarraFestina - Conec+ 24'02
73Nolan HoffmanNestlé Cycling Team+ 24'04
74Daniel TeklehaimanotSpyker Cars+ 24'09
75David ClaereboutVesuvio-Accumalux+ 24'16
76Jesus Del NeroSantander+ 24'25
77Rudi Van HoutsWarner Brothers+ 24'43
78Thomas De GendtMilka - Vittel+ 24'55
79Florian StalderUBS - La Pierre+ 24'56
80Steven CummingsPendleton's Twicer+ 26'08
81Matej MugerliBacardi - Ignis+ 26'15
82Jerome CoppelMilka - Vittel+ 26'16
83Vladimir BilekaWiggle - San Pellegrinos.t.
84Brent BookwalterWikipedia+ 26'44
85Marconi DuránNestlé Cycling Team+ 30'13
86Steven KruijswijkTeam B&O+ 30'38
87Jason DonaldJack Wolfskin+ 30'50
88Imanol ErvitiSantander+ 31'06
89Nicolas EdetSpyker Cars+ 32'18
90Lars Ytting BakSpyker Cars+ 34'06
91César Rojas VillegasWarner Brothers+ 34'36
92David López GarciaSantander+ 36'55
93Óscar SolisCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 37'25
94Benoît VaugrenardJack Wolfskin+ 37'26
95Xabier ZandioTeam D+ 39'44
96Tony GallopinCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 39'52
97Egoi Martínez de EstebanSpyker Cars+ 40'32
98Juraj SaganTeam B&O+ 40'51
99Juan Manuel GárateTeam D+ 41'01
100Santiago Perez FernandezWarner Brotherss.t.
101Cayetano SarmientoCafé de Colombia+ 42'17
102Alexandre AulasCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 43'58
103Aleksej KunshinWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 44'12
104Maxime BouetMilka - Vittel+ 44'19
105Morgan KneiskyCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 44'44
106Eric BerthouPearl Adidas+ 44'49
107Koen De KortJack Wolfskin+ 44'50
108Sébastien RosselerJack Wolfskin+ 45'02
109Ethan WeissSpyker Cars+ 45'03
110Christoph MaiWikipedia+ 45'05
111Mark CavendishProximus - Trek+ 45'11
112Maximiliano RichezeUBS - La Pierre+ 45'14
113Juan Pablo ForeroMilka - Vittel+ 45'17
114Alexander WetterhallSony Ericsson+ 45'24
115José Antonio Baños BallesterCafé de Colombia+ 45'42
116Juan Van HeerdenWikipedia+ 45'55
117Morten ReckwegTeam B&O+ 45'57
118Tom DanielsonWebeffect+ 45'59
119Simas KondrotasBacardi - Igniss.t.
120Thomas FreiUBS - La Pierre+ 46'16
121Matt RoweWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 46'21
122Steven CaethovenCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 46'22
123Sebastian LangSony Ericsson+ 46'26
124Marcel KittelVesuvio-Accumalux+ 46'29
125Reinhardt Janse van RensburgWikipedia+ 46'33
126Dan HollowayFestina - Conec+ 46'39
127Óscar AvelinoWebeffect+ 46'40
128Matthieu LadagnousPendleton's Twicer+ 47'13
129Tyler FarrarWikipedia+ 47'24
130Tom LeezerPearl Adidas+ 47'26
131Ciaran KellyWikipedia+ 47'30
132Daniel AlloncaSantander+ 47'33
133Jaime Alberto CastañedaCafé de Colombia+ 47'58
134Bradley WigginsPendleton's Twicer+ 48'05
135Ben CurfsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 48'10
136Wouter WeylandtCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 48'28
137David KoppProximus - Trek+ 48'43
138Kristof VandewalleJack Wolfskin+ 49'22
139Jesse SergentWarner Brothers+ 49'27
140Evgeni SokolovBacardi - Ignis+ 49'39
141Haijun MaProximus - Trek+ 49'59
142Yannick StoltzProximus - Trek+ 50'30
143Jakub DanacikSony Ericsson+ 52'18
144Michael VanderaerdenMilka - Vittel+ 52'20
145Jonas DecouttereWikipedia+ 53'05
146Danilo KupfernagelNestlé Cycling Team+ 53'08
147Mathieu BernaudeauFestina - Conec+ 53'21
148William Germán Rodríguez ParraCafé de Colombia+ 53'51
149Rafaâ ChtiouiUBS - La Pierre+ 54'06
150Cameron MeyerSony Ericsson+ 54'14
151Paride GrilloSony Ericsson+ 54'23
152Patxi VilaTeam D+ 54'36
153Andreas StauffVesuvio-Accumalux+ 55'14
154Fabio SilvestreWebeffect+ 57'43
155Davide AppollonioWebeffect+ 58'26
156Sam BennettCafé de Colombia+ 59'56
157Michael Faerk ChristensenTeam B&O+ 1h01'15
158Oscar SevillaTeam D+ 1h01'37
159David MillarPendleton's Twicer+ 1h02'10
160Vojtech HaceckýProximus - Trek+ 1h02'27
161Igor AbakoumovBacardi - Ignis+ 1h03'21
162Sven VandousselaereCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom+ 1h03'43
163Yauheni HutarovichMilka - Vittel+ 1h03'56
164Dennis Van WindenJack Wolfskin+ 1h04'34
165Freddy JohanssonSony Ericsson+ 1h04'52
166Kristof GoddaertFestina - Conec+ 1h05'41
167Patrick GretschNestlé Cycling Team+ 1h07'02
168Jens MourisProximus - Trek+ 1h07'24
169Alex Ardila CanoCafé de Colombia+ 1h08'06
170Jose MendesPearl Adidas+ 1h08'07
171Dimitri ChampionUBS - La Pierre+ 1h08'32
172Tyler ButterfieldBacardi - Ignis+ 1h09'48
173Niels ScheunemannSpyker Cars+ 1h17'19
174Sten StenersenTeam B&O+ 1h17'34
175Casper JørgensenTeam B&O+ 1h19'15

Reimer still (joint) holds the points jersey. Madrazo is up to 8th and Sella 12th.
RankNameTeamPointsGeneral
1Martin ReimerSpyker Cars043
2Mark CavendishProximus - Trek043
3Michael Van StayenBacardi - Ignis042
4Jurgen RoelandtsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom040
5Mauro FacciWarner Brothers038
6Juan Van HeerdenWikipedia038
7Maxime BouetMilka - Vittel034
8Angel MadrazoSantander2028
9Eric BerthouPearl Adidas028
10Michael RogersCafé de Colombia025
11Steven KruijswijkTeam B&O1025
12Emanuele SellaWebeffect2525
13Nolan HoffmanNestlé Cycling Team025
14Thomas De GendtMilka - Vittel824
15Jerome CoppelMilka - Vittel024
16Alexandre AulasCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom022
17Alejandro ValverdeProximus - Trek1221
18Dan HollowayFestina - Conec021
19Paride GrilloSony Ericsson021
20Maximiliano RichezeUBS - La Pierre020
21Dominique CornuJack Wolfskin017
22Alberto ContadorFestina - Conec1616
23Justo TenorioSantander615
24Matt RoweWiggle - San Pellegrino015
25Óscar AvelinoWebeffect015

Mountains
It is pretty close in the mountains classification as Samwel takes the lead, but will probably need something tomorrow if he is to carry it through to the Pyrenees.
RankNameTeamMountainGeneral
1Mwangi SamwelVesuvio-Accumalux2222
2Vitor RodriguesWebeffect2020
3Carlos BarredoWarner Brothers1818
4Brent BookwalterWikipedia1616
5Emanuele SellaWebeffect1616
6Ben CurfsCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom1616
7Angel MadrazoSantander1212
8Mauro FacciWarner Brothers010
9Alberto ContadorFestina - Conec1010
10José Angel Gomez MarchanteUBS - La Pierre88
11Alejandro ValverdeProximus - Trek66
12Eric BerthouPearl Adidas06
13Alexandre AulasCarmeuse - Bouygues Telecom04
14Timofey KritskiyWiggle - San Pellegrino44
15Beñat IntxaustiVesuvio-Accumalux44
16Rafael VallsSantander44
17Cayetano SarmientoCafé de Colombia44
18Martin ReimerSpyker Cars02
19Thomas De GendtMilka - Vittel22
20David AbalCafé de Colombia22
21Maxime BouetMilka - Vittel02
22José SerpaFestina - Conec22

Youth
Three of the top four places taken up by Santander, Denifl and Keinath at least lead their teams so are the best chance to challenge.
NameTeamGeneral Time
Angel MadrazoSantander22h29'41 (1)
Justo TenorioSantander+ 1'26 (2)
Stefan DeniflNestlé Cycling Team+ 2'38 (3)
Rafael VallsSantander+ 3'42 (4)
Florentino MarquezUBS - La Pierre+ 3'58 (5)
Petar PanayotovPearl Adidas+ 4'58 (6)
Timofey KritskiyWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 5'09 (7)
Nico KeinathTeam B&O+ 7'19 (8)
Thomas FaiersPendleton's Twicer+ 9'19 (9)
Tim DeesFestina - Conec+ 9'44 (10)
Martin ReimerSpyker Cars+ 14'13 (11)
Jocelin MailletNestlé Cycling Team+ 14'55 (12)
Leopold KönigMilka - Vittel+ 16'00 (13)
Jianhua JiPendleton's Twicer+ 16'05 (14)
Teodoro CostagliWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 17'07 (15)
Paolo ScarponiWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 17'38 (16)
Tanel KangertPearl Adidas+ 17'43 (17)
Tom DiggleWiggle - San Pellegrino+ 23'43 (18)
Michael Van StayenBacardi - Ignis+ 23'48 (19)
Daniel TeklehaimanotSpyker Cars+ 24'09 (20)

Teams
It was a plucky effort by Vesuvio, but they came up short of trying to hurt Santander today. Festina and Webeffect also tried with varying results. Santander took charge of the team classification today without quite dominating as much as expected.
TeamGeneral Time
Santander67h32'37 (1)
Vesuvio-Accumalux+ 4'35 (2)
Webeffect+ 10'05 (3)
Festina - Conec+ 10'09 (4)
Pearl Adidas+ 11'40 (5)
Wiggle - San Pellegrino+ 13'01 (6)
UBS - La Pierre+ 13'37 (7)
Pendleton's Twicer+ 13'54 (8)
Nestlé Cycling Team+ 18'51 (9)
Café de Colombia+ 19'51 (10)

Edited by Roman on 17-10-2016 14:22
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2010/07_Bestaddition.png

Manager of i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/srb.pngSimply - Red Bull i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/srb.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Voeckler wins
Voeckler wins