· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Results PT/PTHC
 Print Thread
Tour of California - Stage 5
CrueTrue
After yesterday's exciting stage, we're back in a rather flat terrain. There are some hills here and there, but they are very short and shouldn't have too much impact. Today's favourites are Hushovd, Castaneda, Haeda - and since Bazajev won the first contest between the sprinrts I'd put him and Farrar on the favourites list too Wink

TV-break of the day? Yes, one rider, Mironov of Erste decided that the 212 km. long stage is a piece of cake for just one guy. But while I was sleeping something very, very exciting happened at the back - lots of attacks! And not just any attacks - attack of the favourites! Podgorny of Magenta (not a favourite, but), Tiralongo of Gazetta and .... Zubeldia of Festina! Behind them, the constantly attacking Fernandez Oliveira were fighting to stay with the group. Behind them, an even larger group had formed: Devine, Ford, Gautier, Stundzia, Possoni, Mahoric and Le Mevel.
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1392.jpg

Surprisingly, the Zubeldia-group couldn't really figure out how to work together, and only a few riders participated in the group behind them. Especially Devine was irritated, and alone he got the group up to the Zubeldia-one. When that happened, a bunch of riders immediately attacked. That resulted in Mahoric and Podgorny being dropped. After that, the same riders attacked, but with no effect. The group just didn't want to work together. Luckily for them, the peloton didn't notice Zubeldia was in the break, so they were pretty much not reacting at all. And eventually, Podgorny and Mahoric made it back to the group. At this point, they are 6'15 ahead of the peloton, but still with Minorov 3'05 ahead of them.
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1393.jpg

The two mountain points sprints 100 km. from goal completely splitted up the group. Podgorny was now alone in front ahead of Le Mevel with Zubeldia behind him. Behind them, Mironov was alone, and behind him, the rest original breakaway except for Devine who had been dropped. In the peloton, Nydam of Slipstream was the only rider to protect Zirbel's jersey. (Notice the camper :lol: )
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1394.jpg

The constant attacks continued. The three riders in front formed a group, but didn't work together. Mironov and Tiralongo were dropped from the E2, and the peloton still had 4 minutes to the front group with 65 km. to go. However, several teams had started chasing, and the gap was decreasing. With 42 km. to go, the E2 was caught, leaving Le Mevel, Podgorny and Zubeldia alone ahead with 2'25 to the P with. But, of course, the break which was caught weren't going to let go without one last attack. Devine and Gautier tried their luck once more, but was caught again 5 km. later.
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1395.jpg

Sony-Ericsson went to the front, and with 25 km. to go it was finally over for the Zubeldia-group. Madness had ended, and the preparation for the sprint could begin. And here we are, just when the sprint begins. Zubeldia has been doing an amazing work all day, and for some reason he's still in front here with 2.5 km. to go - and no, it isn't Hushovd on his wheel, it's Morabito! And it isn't Bazajev, the Sony-Ericsson rider, it's Maravjev. The only 'good' sprinters in front are Garcia Rincon (Virgin), Dumoulin (Lyonnais) and Eisel (Carlsberg). All the top-sprinters are a little further behind (Haedo, Farrar, etc.).
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1397.jpg

In an instant, all the good sprinters were now in front. It's Eisel leading with Dumoulin on his side. Haedo is coming from behind, followed by Granjel Cabrera, Phinney (??), Garcia Rincon and last, but not least: Hushovd.
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1398.jpg

700 meters to go, and it's not Dumoulin leading. But Hushovd is coming forward now, looking very strong. Haedo and Granjel Cabrera are still there to challenge him along with Eisel.
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1399.jpg

And I think I will let this picture speak for itself...
i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1400.jpg

Nintendo - Honda will be sad to know that Mazzoleni, De La Fuente and Illiano all came in long after the first riders had passed the finish line. I have no idea if anything has happened to them. Two riders crashed in the sprint: Stubbe (Wikipedia) and Hesjedal (Domina)

i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/CrueT/California/S_1401.jpg

The jerseys stay where they are Wink
Edited by Roman on 16-10-2016 22:47

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.