Mantez

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] HC/C1 Results
 Print Thread
Tour du Faso - stage 6
Smowz
Five stages down and five stage to go - today is the last day before tomorrows key stage 7, which most are looking for that decisive move on that last cobbled section. Today we are back up to regulation distance, following two shorter days in the saddle.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/parcours-12.jpg

So three sprint primes along the way, but following yesterday's stage in which Weiss got dropped in the finale it is only Margalit of El Al that goes on the breakaway.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/1-Lonebreakman.jpg
One man move today

Rumours have been coming out of El-Al that they are looking to improve their squad for next year, it may well be hoped that some of their Israeli riders do improve next year. The kicker perhaps though is that some of their riders may well need Pro tour experience before they can fully realise their potential. Margalit is a pretty decent rouler, and his reward today will be the first sprint prime. Behind him the main sprinters do not join the rush for bonifications and leave it to their lead outs.

Paolini grabs second for Pirelli and Murphy of Quiksilver takes the third place ahead of Gajek (Bacardi) and Ascani (Vespa). Neither rider though is in GC contention.

Sprint 1:
1.Paolini
2. Murphy
3. Gajek.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/2-Secondarysprinters.jpg
Seconds sprint for minor bonuses on the first sprint prime

At this point the enterprising Mercedes outfit decide to gamble another of their number Benjamin Jacques Maynes (29th at 39 seconds). It is a similar move to the one they tried yesterday and he joins the leader Margalit for a duel move. It is a question then of taking the bonuses and hanging on, unlike what happend to Weiss yesterday.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/3-JacquesMaynesjoinsleader.jpg
Jacques Maynes joins Margalit

The Mercedes man takes the second sprint ahead of the El Al rider, behind the sprint for third is taken by Wes Sulzberger takes the third place. Again a rider who had nothing to gain on GC (or in the points competition), he does however prevent Gatto (Vespa) and Cucinotta (Intesa) from taking those two seconds and two points.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/4-Sulzbergertakesthjird.jpg
Sulzberger takes third

Sprint 2:
1. Jacques Maynes
2. Margalit
3. Sulzberger

It has been a quiet season for the Mercedes outfit following a strong start they have faded away with star men Pozzato and Haedo failling to bring in high points. The Italian did manage to pick up a bronze medal in the worlds and he maybe looking forward to a better year next time. Youngster Ryan Eastman will return with another good climber in Tyler Brandt following a year on loan, Mercedes could be a very useful outfit next season.

Back in the pack hopes of a breakaway victory look dashed once again as Pendletons put their troops up front to join the Pokerstars boys.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/5-VanHeerdenputshistroopsintoaction.jpg
Van Heerden cracks the whip

Jaan Van Heerden badly needs some bonuses before that cobbled stage - as he is a good enough on those nasty rough roads but may well find himself losing time to better cobblers. As it stands he barely has any gap between himself and Blythe (six seconds), Cappelle (ten seconds, Quinzato (ten seconds), Van Impe (11 second), Geslin (13 seconds), Schierlinckx (17 seconds), Thomas (18 seconds) and Sentjens (18 seconds). He is also behind Terpstra by six seconds so really has to keep going for those time bonuses.

Next sprint we see Jacques Maynes again take it from Margalit with Sulzberger just ahead of Gajek for third.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/6-Sulzbergerjustatthelastsprint.jpg
Sulzberger just about nabs third at the last prime

1. Jacques Maynes
2. Margalit
3. Sulzberger

This could well move Jacques Maynes up into the top twenty today with teammate Tom Zirbel, but as the last 30km apporaches the win picks up and we the front two get reeled in rather quickly. It is a joint Quikzilver, Pendletons and Pokerstars venture and they actually create another of those nasty splits.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/7-40togoandanothersplit.jpg
35 to go and we have a split

The two former leaders fall back to the second peleton and off the back of that rather quickly, now the headlines are that we have a smallish front peleton of 15 riders some 45 seconds clear of the rest.

Mohs, Terpstra and 3 pokerstars riders (Geslin but not Van Impe) are there, as is Allan Davis and three Quiksilvers. Pendletons have Van Heerden here with three teammates but not Wiggins. This could be interesting as there are five or so riders set to gain from this.

The gap remains as well as we come into the last 15 kilometers.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/8-25togothelead15arestrugglingtomaintainit.jpg
The 15 riders still have this 45 second gap coming into the finale

Behind as you would expect 100% me and Vespa are really pulling, but it is Pirelli who clearly harbour ambitions for Alberto Loddo who are really pushing to get this gap down. They know if they can at least get it down to twenty or so seconds their sprinter can take care of the rest.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/9-15togoitsstilltherePirelliVespaetcscrambling.jpg
Pirelli on the front of the chase

At the front the teams of Quiksilver, Pokerstars and Pendletons can feel that this can be a big moment and keep pushing. But some of their workers are now dropping off the lead group, Geslin, Clement, Flickinger and Willems get dropped off the front group.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/10-Somedomestiqueslosetouchinfrontgroup.jpg
Domestiques drop back, Geslin being dropped is not part of the Pokerstars plan

Pendletons continue to work it though, it makes sense if they want to make the most of this. The gap though is down to 28 seconds as we reach the 3km to go tipping point.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/11-Last3kmandthegapisjust26seconds.jpg
3km to go - Pendletons try to maintain this

The gap is pretty much gone then, but up front Pendletons leader Van Heerden realises he better start sprinting. He does and only really Allan Davis of Quiksilver is anywhere near to the South African powerhouse.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/12-VanHeerdenlookinggoodhere.jpg
Van Heerden in the green jersey is looking good here

Mohs is way back and whilst the peleton looks like it is back together the sprinters are right out of position to get anywhere near the front. However it is still windy and Van Heerden seems to have hit the front a bit too early!

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/13-Davisisputtingpressureon.jpg
Davis piles on the pressure

Allan Davis has been starved of success here, but looks close today - he himself is a lot like Van Heerden in that he could survive the cobbles quite well tomorrow. Van heerden needs to win if he is to snatch the yellow jersey - also he needs Mohs to not make the podium and the German is making a late dash to try and overtake Van summeren in the last km.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/14-Mohsneedstonabbackthatthirdplace.jpg
Mohs tries to keep hold of yellow

Van Heerden does hold on to register the win.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/15-VanHeerdenwins.jpg
Van heerden wins his duel with Davis

But Mohs keeps hold of yellow - could be crucial for tomorrow, by overtaking Van summeren for 3rd with Niki Terpstra taking fifth place ahead of Lorenzatto who was the fastest finisher from peleton 2!

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/16-Mohsisthird.jpg
Mohs takes third

Sorry to say the results did not export - it crashed - so here is the top 25 from the stage. Jacques Maynes and Margalit were dropped amongst those really weak riders from Cillit Bang and El Al and that.

RankNameTeam
1Juan Van HeerdenPendleton's Twicer
2Allan DavisQuiksilver-Kraft
3Erik MohsTeam Pokerstars.com
4Johan VansummerenIntesa
5Niki TerpstraTeam Pokerstars.com
6Mirko LorenzettoIntesa
7Bradley WigginsPendleton's Twicer
8Diego CacciaPirelli-Internazionale
9Simone MasciarelliPirelli-Internazionale
10Zakkari DempsterQuiksilver-Kraft
11Francisco José PachecoBacardi - Colt
12Manuel QuinziatoVespa-Caffrey's
13Hayden GodfreyQuiksilver-Kraft
14Mickaël DelageIntesa
15Thomas PetersonMercedes-Benz
16Andy FlickingerQuiksilver-Kraft
17Andrea PagotoVespa-Caffrey's
18Stef ClementTeam Pokerstars.com
19Frederik WillemsPendleton's Twicer
20Connor McConvey100% Me
21David MillarPendleton's Twicer
22Geraint Thomas100% Me
23David BoucherTeam Pokerstars.com
24Edoardo GirardiIntesa
25Jetse BolMercedes-Benz

This is the GC:

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/17-GC.jpg

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/18-Pts.jpg

Youth:
i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/19-Youth.jpg

Teams:
i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/20-Teams.jpg
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2010/07_Bestaddition.png

Manager of i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/srb.pngSimply - Red Bull i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/srb.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Stage Editor 5
Stage Editor 5