PCM.daily banner
22-01-2020 22:47
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 17

· Members Online: 2
baseballlover312, jandal7

· Total Members: 140,268
· Newest Member: Jiegx12
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
Do you think Cancellara is clean ?
Yes Yes 59%[45 Votes]
No No 41%[31 Votes]
Total Votes : 76
 Print Thread
Is Cancellara clean ?
Ad Bot
Posted on 22-01-2020 22:47
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
Juan
No link between this thread and current news, but since one week, i've been speaking with friends about Cancellara, and we asked ourselves if he was a clean rider.
Two things looked strange for me, the first is him leading the pack very fast in the Alps, and the second is the fact that he missed the Varese TT championships, after having led CSC to victory in Tour de Pologne TTT. Plus, the TT suited him a lot ( a bit like the Olympics)
So, I wanted to have the opinion of PCM Daily's members Wink
Give your comments as well !
 
tomzk111
I think he isn't simply because i'm naive and would like to think one of my favourite riders is not on drugs.
Edited by tomzk111 on 14-01-2009 16:41
 
Gutierrez
Inouncent until guilty
 
Roman Kreuziger
It's hard to predict with every rider of course, though if he's not taken by the anti-doping he's clean!
 
olabj
Inouncent until guilty

AGREED!!!!!!
i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/olabj/jackgarm.png

i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/olabj/greendaysig.png
 
SportingNonsense
Andreas_K wrote:
the second is the fact that he missed the Varese TT championships, after having led CSC to victory in Tour de Pologne TTT. Plus, the TT suited him a lot ( a bit like the Olympics)


The Tour de Pologne TTT was 4km long. CSC had other good time trialists there and the competition was not particularly high. So the fact that he was involved there should not mean anything at all. Also, he had a long season, and what makes you think that doping controls at the Worlds would be better than those at, for example, the Tour or the Olympics.

Personally I dont have a particular opinion. Theres always going to be those who believe the strong riders are all doped (wasnt he also supposedly one of ASO's targeted riders?), while others will believe most riders are clean. We wont know that he has doped until he tests positive, and likewise it is hard to know if he is clean, because how do you prove that? The tests dont cater for all drugs, and its naive to trust a rider just because they say are clean. I hope he is clean, but its not going to change my opinion of cycling if he isnt.
 
Waghlon
Roman Kreuziger wrote:
It's hard to predict with every rider of course, though if he's not taken by the anti-doping he's clean!


Calling it now: Contador is as innocent and clean as kittens and newly fallen snow.

While i agree on the "innocent until guilty" part, i still dont think he's clean. Cancellara that is.
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY


pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png
 
http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Juan
SportingNonsense wrote:
Andreas_K wrote:
the second is the fact that he missed the Varese TT championships, after having led CSC to victory in Tour de Pologne TTT. Plus, the TT suited him a lot ( a bit like the Olympics)


The Tour de Pologne TTT was 4km long. CSC had other good time trialists there and the competition was not particularly high. So the fact that he was involved there should not mean anything at all. Also, he had a long season, and what makes you think that doping controls at the Worlds would be better than those at, for example, the Tour or the Olympics.

Personally I dont have a particular opinion. Theres always going to be those who believe the strong riders are all doped (wasnt he also supposedly one of ASO's targeted riders?), while others will believe most riders are clean. We wont know that he has doped until he tests positive, and likewise it is hard to know if he is clean, because how do you prove that? The tests dont cater for all drugs, and its naive to trust a rider just because they say are clean. I hope he is clean, but its not going to change my opinion of cycling if he isnt.

What I think that Cancellara didn't go to Varese because of too many rumors and suspicions.
Contador, Leipheimer also had long seasons, but they came to Varese, didn't they ?
But I agree with you on the other part.
Edited by Juan on 14-01-2009 17:07
 
Aquarius
Gutierrez wrote:
Inouncent until guilty
You're not an UCI official, you're not asked a fact, but an opinion, on solid basis or not. Of course you can't tell the truth, except if you say "innocent until proven guilty".
Now, as for my opinion (which is nothing more than an opinion, people will judge if it's serious or not) : there's no smoke without fire.
Cancellara is riding for a team which is highly suspicious, even though they've had very few positive cases (Basso).
His sports director is... Bjarne Riis.
Almost every year (for 2 or 3 years now) there have been rumours that Cancellara's positive test was about to be announced. It never happened.
He's one of the strongest riders around, on any kind of roads (flat, sprint, cobbles, hills, mountains now), there are certainly loads of dopeheads among the very best riders in each of those specialities. Yet Cancellara would be stronger than all of them without dope ? When you know how much dope can improve one man's performances, you wouldn't believe such a thing.
 
Juan
Aquarius wrote:
Gutierrez wrote:
Inouncent until guilty
You're not an UCI official, you're not asked a fact, but an opinion, on solid basis or not. Of course you can't tell the truth, except if you say "innocent until proven guilty".
Now, as for my opinion (which is nothing more than an opinion, people will judge if it's serious or not) : there's no smoke without fire.
Cancellara is riding for a team which is highly suspicious, even though they've had very few positive cases (Basso).
His sports director is... Bjarne Riis.
Almost every year (for 2 or 3 years now) there have been rumours that Cancellara's positive test was about to be announced. It never happened.
He's one of the strongest riders around, on any kind of roads (flat, sprint, cobbles, hills, mountains now), there are certainly loads of dopeheads among the very best riders in each of those specialities. Yet Cancellara would be stronger than all of them without dope ? When you know how much dope can improve one man's performances, you wouldn't believe such a thing.

Very interesting opinion
 
Dankan
I don't know what you all are doing here when you wonder whether a rider is clean or not, every time you see a great performance.
 
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielsanchezbadorrey
Juan
Dankan wrote:
I don't know what you all are doing here when you wonder whether a rider is clean or not, every time you see a great performance.

The thing is that I did the poll just on Cancellara, and not on Contador, Sastre, who made way better performance this year Wink
And i didn't start this thread because there were great performance from Cancellara, but just because I was wondering on this topic with friends Wink
 
ember
Gutierrez wrote:
Inouncent until guilty


Agree too.
 
SportingNonsense
Andreas_K wrote:
SportingNonsense wrote:
Andreas_K wrote:
the second is the fact that he missed the Varese TT championships, after having led CSC to victory in Tour de Pologne TTT. Plus, the TT suited him a lot ( a bit like the Olympics)


The Tour de Pologne TTT was 4km long. CSC had other good time trialists there and the competition was not particularly high. So the fact that he was involved there should not mean anything at all. Also, he had a long season, and what makes you think that doping controls at the Worlds would be better than those at, for example, the Tour or the Olympics.

What I think that Cancellara didn't go to Varese because of too many rumors and suspicions.
Contador, Leipheimer also had long seasons, but they came to Varese, didn't they ?


Contador and Leipheimer had come off performing well at the Vuelta so were still in good form
 
jim1996
Some of the big stars have beed doped at least once because the competition is high,and because the man body tires and the doping helps you to have a higher power limit...
But some other big stars have a little bit more tallent and they can ride whit the other "doped" riders...But i think that everyone gets some extra vitamines.Wink
 
CrueTrue
ember wrote:
Gutierrez wrote:
Inouncent until guilty


Agree too.


As Aquarius said, we're all in favour of that. But that doesn't mean that you're not allowed to say whether or not that YOU think he's doped. You can think and believe it even without 100 % solid proof.

Other than that, SN basically said what I'm feeling on this matter.
 
http://www.pcmdaily.com
alexkr00
for me he is more talented than Contador or any other cyclist still in activity, but he is too big to climbFrown. I don't think he is doped by not clean like a baby, maybe some time in his career he took some drugsPfft
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
 
doddy13
it's almost got to the stage where nobody can be said to be "definatly clean", as SN said, how do you know.

I'd like to believe every rider is clean, but i don't.

It's a shame. But at least cycling's getting to the bottom of the subject whilst other sports sit in denial.
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"
 
t-baum
I thought it was guilty until proven innocent these days...
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/T-Baum_2007/3_bettini_attacks.jpg
Macquet wrote:

"We all know that wasn't the real footage of the Worlds anyway. That was just the staged footage to perpetuate the coverup that it was actually Vinokourov that won the race."
 
bigairgraphics.com
Halvor
hey, the yes side leads, I voted no, because I read the question: Is Cancellara doped?". Fucking hell, I meant yes, he's not doped, SN's first post says it all Smile
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
[Free Agent] Fabian Cancellara [Man-Game] Transfers: Free Agents 1 20-07-2018 11:25
[Free Agent] Fabian Cancellara [Man-Game] Transfers: Free Agents 9 12-06-2016 13:01
Contador (Convicted Doper) More Popular Than Froome (Tested Clean) Cycling 26 24-02-2015 19:35
Can you make an clean new database? PCM 14: Databases 4 19-07-2014 18:47
Going for all Three / GP Mediterraneen: Stage 2, Cancellara is too good PCM 13: Stories 52 30-08-2013 16:10
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
CC Loulé stats
CC Loulé stats
PCM 07: PCM.daily DB
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet Vien 19,234 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 12,401 PCM$
bullet baseba... 11,404 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 11,392 PCM$
bullet Yellow... 10,076 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 12,956 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 12,355 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 11,093 PCM$
bullet Vien 10,000 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 1.20 seconds