PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
jph27
knockout wrote:
cio93 wrote:
So you're saying Herklotz needs two more points in hill? Pfft

No.

What if cio finances this by selling Demare? You can choose the lesser evil Pfft

Ad Bot
Posted on 08-05-2021 17:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
redordead
Evonik finally beats us in the TTT, but we're still not last?? Shock

It's an invisible race for us until the flat stages in week 3, so I probably won't comment too much on the other stages. Let's just see if we can survive the time limits Pfft

Thanks for the report Cunego Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogańćar

alexkr00
Our biggest Grand Tour of the year and after one week we've made no impact on the race.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

knockout
jph27 wrote:
knockout wrote:
cio93 wrote:
So you're saying Herklotz needs two more points in hill? Pfft

No.

What if cio finances this by selling Demare? You can choose the lesser evil Pfft

Cio can sell me Herklotz to finance Demare training Pfft

Croatia14
CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Bikex
cio93 wrote:
Bikex wrote:
However, my riders have beaten cio's team closely already some times before this season, so I don't mind Cavagna in white too much.

That's very kind of you! Smile

I know :lol:

That TTT actually was quite good from my team. Didn't expect that. Shame it doesn't make a difference anyways.

SotD
The TTT was always something that just needed to be surpassed. The time loss is negligable and obviously we had another day in the KOM, so even in the TTT we added a little bit of points.

The upcoming stage is probably the worst fit of all stages in this race for us. A whole lot of nothing (not even KOM points) and then a loooong steep climb towards the line. I guess this is the only stage in which I hope we don't waste any sort of energy by jumping into the BotD - so we likely send 3-4 riders Grin

If we can somehow wait for the stage 11-12 to give it a god it would be appreciated. The battle for the leaders jersey is intense though, despite Herklotz in a very solid situation. Can't help but be rooting a bit for Madrazo to atleast land some stagewins though. He certainly haven't had a season to remember so far.
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

knockout
Biggest news of the day for Evonik is that Herklotz doesnt get full points at the end despite the break predictably not making it.

Chiarello with an okay ride climbin a bit in GC but with him still being outside the top 20 with a gap of 7+ minutes to the top, there is not much of an excuse to not join the break tomorrow to attack either the stage win or the KoM jersey.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

roturn
Anonymous but pretty okay stage for Olivier really. Had hoped to see a bit more support around him but apparently Valls is not doing a lot here so far. Hopefully can attack later on this way though.

That said, Olivier isn`t weaker than Roglic, who must have had a strong day apparently but then again gaining on Galta, Barguil, Schelling, Meintjes and even Morton, Quintana, which makes this stage very successful in terms of time gaps.

Up to 9th already post TTs is excellent with 3 riders ahead of him, who were gapped today. Guess this is pretty realistic on paper in the end without the unknown impact of 3rd week breakaways of course. And some riders really place themselves well right now to attack there.

redordead
Poljanec 39th on a mountain stage Shock

Awesome ride by Roglic!! Banana

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogańćar

cio93
That was bad. Really bad.

A yellow jersey cannot afford to have such bad positioning on the final climb right before the attacks start, and Herklotz had to pay the price for being forced to make up a lot of ground to avoid splits.

We need to regain an advantage again tomorrow by winning the stage. The final incline is all about the hill and sprint stats.

tastasol
That was a surprise Shock Let's see if it was just a bad day or if Herklotz will struggle here.

Good to be in the break, but other than that not a very good stage. Hope the time losses for our two main climbers will allow them to go in the break soon.

alexkr00
Guess top 5 is what we're aiming for at the moment. Dombrowski seemed to want to do big things, but just didn't have the legs.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

tsmoha
Good old Morton.... Wow. What a disaster. Don't think he will ever bounce back from this.

Croatia14
Great ride by Rogla, if he performs like this it's acceptable that we stay away from attacks, though I'd still like us a lot more active.
ICL20 // Euskaltel Story // Can't Slow Down // 21 and Done // Dreams of a Viper

since 2018: Radsim'05: Astana
Most Improved Team 2018 & 2019 // Manager of the Year 2018, 2019 & 2020

PCM.daily Awards:
Most Improved Member '16 // MG New Manager '16 // Thread of the Year (PCT Roundtable Analysis) '17 '18 '19 // Most Helpful Member '18 '19 '20 // MG Team of the Year (Isostar - Adriatic) '18 // MG Manager of the Year '18 '19 // Member of the Year '19
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/X7eDBRB.png

RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB Updates: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
PCM.daily DB 2020 Updates: 1 // 2 // 3
PCM.daily Expansion Pack for PCM20 Updates: 1 // 1.5 // 1.8

viking90
Nice one by Alarcon, he needs to do great results early on as I suspect he will struggle in week 3....

ryant
:/ not good viewing for us as it seems we got the bad end of RNG roll here. 13th GC obviously needs to be improved upon and can still be of course considering Roglic had such a good day.

Top 10 is still within our reach but it seems to be difficult now considering we didn't do quite as well as we hoped in the TTT
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

ember
Dramatic stuff, but Herklotz still in yellow must be a relief for Puma! A very impressive stage win by Sicard, overcoming superiour MO stat riders. Congratulations, CT!

Galta with encouraging sign. Must still say I hope he goes for the breakaways when we get to the third week, but that will be difficult if he continues this way.

OlegTinkov
Good to have two riders in the break, hopefully our better climbers can get in the break the next two stages.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
knockout
Sending Riesebeek into the break looks like a bad choice when our youngsters would have been far better choices but I'm glad that the break came through even if no Evonik rider finished in it. In the end, it is King Power again with another stage win from a break... Congrats!

Not too surprised that this stage didnt impact the GC fight a lot though i expected more selection. But stage 12 looks very tough and with that long and steep final climb much more likely to impact the fight for yellow. Hopefully the top teams are watching themselves again and give the break some room to breathe... Pfft
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Jump to Forum: