PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Discussion
 Print Thread
2020-2021 Changes Discussion Thread
whitejersey
redordead wrote:
quadsas wrote:
GembeckasTomas78647068716968636974756968
GembeckasTomas78616865716967616973696965

Top is new fighter (which I'd still like to get a bit more sta and res), and bottom is old.

Bottom rider is pretty much unusable, complete garbage. Not that top one is good by any means, but you can at least see a guy like that being signed by someone.

I don't really agree that the bottom rider is useless, both versions have slightly below average energy stats. But even the bottom one has great flat and acceleration along with a solid sprint and hill stat.

The top option is a very good rider, as it's not that often you get a rider with 78 flat and 70 hill as a combo along with the acceleration. I don't think it should be too "easy" to make a rider like that.

To make better all round riders it should be encouraged to use different stat gains to give them the necessary stats you want. For example to make a flat rider a better climber you can use Climberv1 to retain FT/AC and add MO/HI and in turn sacrifice a point or two in FL.

Sometimes I look at the fighter stat gain and think that the cobble gain is mostly useless. So maybe add another fighter gain that replaces CB with MO and maybe a few other adjustments. Or simply replace it entirely. But I don't think we should have it all in one stat gain.

I have been toying around with the FighterV2 for a bit over the last few days and what I have concluded is that at a few specific points new fighter would just make a straight up better cobbles rider or hybrid every time. As it has been extensively discussed in the past, the glaring lack of ACC within the cobbles paths makes it hard to not opt for sprint training for the riders that could go either towards sprint or cobbles paths. I understand that you cant make cobbles into a better sprinter training, but having the option to boost ACC for cobblers that arent sprint centric hybrids atm is pretty much impossible without compromising every other stat.

redordead
In the past I've suggested adding a few more ACC points to the Classics stat gain to balance out the lack of it when developing cobblers.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogańćar

baseballlover312
redordead wrote:
quadsas wrote:
GembeckasTomas78647068716968636974756968
GembeckasTomas78616865716967616973696965

Top is new fighter (which I'd still like to get a bit more sta and res), and bottom is old.

Bottom rider is pretty much unusable, complete garbage. Not that top one is good by any means, but you can at least see a guy like that being signed by someone.

To make better all round riders it should be encouraged to use different stat gains to give them the necessary stats you want. For example to make a flat rider a better climber you can use Climberv1 to retain FT/AC and add MO/HI and in turn sacrifice a point or two in FL.

I agree that combos should still be useful, but what you're describing just doesn't actually happen with domestiques right now because there's nothing built into the game that actually encourages it. Managers, now more than ever, overwhelmingly choose to maximize a main stat pathway instead, which makes inflation worse. Versatility can't be rewarded naturally (to the point where people combo for domestiques) when you can still get tons of 76+ main stat guys for 50k. It's almost never worth it right now to sacrifice any XP gain on Fighter since it is the only one without any focused main stats, and has no breadth to compensate. It's a net loss. You can go for another flat oriented training (TT, Sprint, Cob, etc) and only lose 2-3 flat points over the course of development, but gain more than that in the relevant main stat.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Jump to Forum: