· Total Members: 146,854
· Newest Member: Lissa
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Giro d'Italia - Discussion
tastasol
Good stage by Nesset and Iturria. Stake Laengen unfortunately had to pay for his effort early on, but all in all very happy with Nesset in 10th place going into the last mountain stage.

Gazelle and Malecki looked extremly strong for a long time, but in the end I have to say I'm happy to see Rein in pink.

Ad Bot
Posted on 14-05-2021 13:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
alexkr00
Aru enjoying his holidays in Italy this year, I see.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

valverde321
Probably should have sent Costagli in the break and Iino to protect Shikai. This is the first time he hasnt and it was Shikai's worst day. Frustrating that somehow Malecki can be 1 min within Shikai despite the massive difference in MO stats, as well as backups. Not really that surprised to lose almost 3 mins to Barguil, although hes not massively better than Shikai, but the fact that he was in such a great position and is now in contention to fall to 8th or 9th in the GC in 2 days is quite frustrating.

viking90
Daah, getting closer to another stage win here...Atleast I think FĂĄglum here and Carapaz before have done enough to secure us our second stage win.

Maybe Carapaz can give it a try for the KoM tomorrow?

DubbelDekker
Congrats ember! Taaramäe taking the lead is very deserved.

Another amazing ride by Malecki Shock This was a super hard stage due to the length and the three huge mountains right after each other. I'm relieved that he was able to keep a decent tempo after getting dropped. Proud of the team for supporting him in such great numbers. And great ride by Karnulin as well.

Now tomorrow should be easier to survive on paper, because it's shorter, has significantly less elevation and a final climb that isn't very steep. But there's one thing that worries me: what happens to Malecki now that he lost the extra elan of wearing that pink jersey? If he drops all the way back to being a normal 71 MO, 74 HI climber, that single HC climb might be fatal for his GC.

Kritskiy will probably go past him either way. But if he manages to be the Malecki we've seen all Giro then he might be able to challenge Haig and the others for that final podium spot. Which would be ridiculous and awesome. Fingers crossed!

Epic report btw
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

Roman
1. Absolutely fantastic reports, huge thanks, Fabianski!
2. Malecki lost the jersey, finally - I have to say. I like the story a lot, but this surely is not a good showing for PCM18 AI.
3. Stage win! Grin Really happy with Barguil's race, looks like an attack on the podium may not be out of the window if he is this strong again tomorrow especially as Malecki should finally lose his incredible powers that probably came with that pink jersey.
4. Hello to everyone! Apologize for not being able to participate in discussions a lot. My time schedule is crazy. I am reading a lot, writing is another thing, especially from phone. Embarassed
Manager of Moser - Sygic

DubbelDekker
Good to hear from you again! Congrats on the Barguil stage win. He's doing great indeed.
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

ember
Big, big stage from Taaramäe! Grin Again proving he's the strongest among the GC favourites, and this time also gapping Malecki early enough to create a solid gap. Also a very strong ride by Chiarello and especially Barguil, who managed to stay with Taaramäe all the way and take the stage at the end. Congratulations, Roman, and very nice to see that you're around and keeping yourself updated on the racing Smile

And with the Maglia Rosa, we can't deny that this is now Taaramäe's and our race to loose. Curious to see how we cope with that on the final mountain stage, hopefully Taaramäe decides to take matters into his own hands from relatively late on Finestre and onwards. Seeing how strong he has been on all mountain stages, that sounds like the safest approach, especially as it will also mean the other GC contenders will be isolated from relatively early on.

Thank you for your congratulations. It would indeed be very nice if Taaramäe can complete his GT treble here, probably his last season with a realistic shot at winning a GT Smile

And thank you again for your work, Fabianski. Others have put it very well earlier, I greatly appreciate the effort you're putting into the reports. The way you're building the tension and excitement makes for a great read, maybe especially when my team is this involved in the GC battle like here.

Forever the Best
alexkr00 wrote:
Aru enjoying his holidays in Italy this year, I see.

And people say the game is not realistic. Pfft
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

SotD
ember wrote:

It would indeed be very nice if Taaramäe can complete his GT treble here, probably his last season with a realistic shot at winning a GT Smile

Nah, in 2023-24 he will have stats similar to Malecki. He has plenty of time Smile
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

OlegTinkov
Fabianski wrote:
If only a reporter didn't need to be neutral...

Pfft

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
ember
SotD wrote:
ember wrote:

It would indeed be very nice if Taaramäe can complete his GT treble here, probably his last season with a realistic shot at winning a GT Smile

Nah, in 2023-24 he will have stats similar to Malecki. He has plenty of time Smile

:lol: Pfft Grin

Fair point!

tastasol
A bit worried about the break in the beginning, but luckily only Carapaz left in front. He might get past Nesset in the GC, but hopefully the pack will finish strong.

Loved seeing Haig attacking early and also liked to see us with three riders for such a long time, but not impressed by the pacing suddenly dropping so much that Malecki was able to get back up. That really should not happen, as many riders should see that as a chance to get past him. They still might, but the slopes up to Sestriere is certainly a lot easier, especially with a big team around Malecki. Hope Haig can go on the attack again.

alexkr00
Boswell getting some nice extra points due to his rankings in the purple and blue jersey rankings, but I feel that his obsession with a jersey that he had no chance of winning is really hurting our breakaway ambitions.

It's up to Van Poppel to deliver win #3 for us here. Unless Boswell goes in the breakaway and wins the last stage Pfft
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

viking90
Wow perfect stage so far for us! Carapaz taking the KoM Jersey is very welcome and have a shot at the stage aswell!
Looking forward fot the last km of the stage

knockout
I dont like that Vosekalns was in the front group and took turns. With riders as strong as Carapaz or Valls not taking any, its a waste of energy and he would have done far better sitting up to later being able to support Chiarello who was isolated but seems to have two helpers at his side again. Now i only need Chiarello to hold on!

Malecki getting back was a bit unfortunate but understandable considering that no team had a domestique with him and its understandable that no team leader wanted to risk leading himself when there is so much climbing left.

Lovely attack by Haig!
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

tastasol
Really happy with our performance! Way above our expectations to have Nesset heading for 10th in GC and he really showed himself in a good way on this stage as well.

Tough luck for Malecki, but a phenomenal race for him and Gazelle anyway.

And big congrats to ember on more or less securing the win. Not the best race from Rein in his career, but looks like it's enough to take the win!

viking90
YES! Grin Stage win, well deserved if I am to say it myself Pfft

GC-wise we was hoping to fight for Top 10 but ended up with 14th and 17th if it goes well on the last stage which is nice! Not real close to top 10 but two guys top 17 is good and KoM jersey was a very good result aswell!

Thanks for quallity reporting all the way! Looking forward to what Appo can do tomorros now that we are in form Smile

Ollfardh
We got the 10H checked, but Dewulf needs to lose some time tomorrow.

Poor Malecki, we all knew it was going to happen, but still..
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

knockout
And Chiarello succesfully defended the 7th place in GC today. What a hero! Banana

Kudus to the entire Gazelle team. Malecki would have dropped quite a bit more if it he didnt have the best team depth around him. What a Grand Tour this was for him with an outstanding fighting spirit today. Didnt expect him to not drop further after losing the jersey yesterday and with the Finistre on the roadmap today.

Great to see Taaramae defend pink!
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Jump to Forum: