· Total Members: 146,048
· Newest Member: ruudfr8
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Giro d'Italia - Discussion
tastasol
Good performance from Cosnefroy! Would have liked to see him all the way at the top, but a good ride to be there in the sprint.

matt17br
Even after his first decline, Kruijswijk keeps on having frankly ridiculous breakaway luck and GC overperformances. I'm not even mad at this point, I just want any of my breakaway hopefuls to switch IDs with him in the MG DB, there's no other explanation Pfft
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
ember
Gazelle everywhere! Congratulations again, DD, but also to roturn on the stage win. Cool to have vdP doing damage in the MG too Pfft

The TT is looming. All we can do for the next couple of stages is hope for no bad luck, and then a great daily form for Taaramäe in the TT. Being ahead of all other GC contenders, except Malecki, must be the goal after the TT, eventhough it sounds ambitious considering a rider like Kritskiy.

ryant
McCarthy getting amongst the action in the break was great to see, shame that we could only manage 4th but the end of the stage really didnt favour him as it was too easy so its a shame for him to miss out on a stage win.

Even so, tomorrow should be the last big chance for him and the team - as well as the TT with Coppel (unlikely due to the PCM AI). Hopefully he hasn't used up all his resources on this stage...
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Ad Bot
Posted on 27-02-2021 15:04
Bot Agent

IP: None  
alexkr00
Does anyone have a copy of a sign-un form for the "Breakaways are ruining this Giro" club?
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

Croatia14
Great racing by Roman. A shame he couldn't finish off the KOM or the stage, but 2nd in both is a great result. Let's keep the spirit going guys!

SotD wrote:
Fabianski wrote:
knockout wrote:
If you want to be a bit cruel, you could wait longer between the posts so the first part goes up in the morning and the second half at the current time

I'll keep that in mind for the remaining stages Pfft

Nah, that's just annoying tbh...

I'd love it tbh.

DubbelDekker
Shonak wrote:
Maleki is Voeckler reborn

thumbs.gfycat.com/WhoppingFloweryAldabratortoise-max-1mb.gif

Hahaha, very true. Both have 50% more power when there's a jersey to defend.

Thanks for the congrats guys! Apparently we've been storing all our luck this season and are now using everything in this Giro. It's weird but also fun to be honest. Another great performance by Kruijswijk. Total Gazelle legend.

I like our current strategy. Not sending anyone in the break and then furiously chasing it would tire the team and only increase the chance of Malecki dropping. Sending Kruijswijk and not chasing gives him a good chance of a stage result and GC climb, because now all responsibility is on the stage hunting teams. And it's quite clear that they haven't been able to form a strong coalition. In flat & semi-hilly stages no one wants to help Puma get Demare his guaranteed win. And in very hilly & mountainous stages the GC teams have only chased to prevent huge gaps (most of the time), but they didn't seem interested in the stage.

Because of Malecki and Kruijswijk's antics I haven't really done justice to Karnulin so far btw. He's been super consistent and is in a great 14th GC spot without the help of any breakaways.

I do still believe that the GC teams are tolerating Malecki's lead because he has low stats and there's still a lot of climbing (and TT'ing) to be done. He'll lose minutes in the TT and after that I expect this Giro to explode.

Congratulations roturn. Cool to see MvdP get a GT stage so early in his MG career!
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

alexkr00
Croatia14 wrote:
SotD wrote:
Fabianski wrote:
knockout wrote:
If you want to be a bit cruel, you could wait longer between the posts so the first part goes up in the morning and the second half at the current time

I'll keep that in mind for the remaining stages Pfft

Nah, that's just annoying tbh...

I'd love it tbh.

Me too now that I think about it but definitely not in the way the report is structured right now.

If you'd go with a morning/evening approach then I think in the morning report we should just have the early part of the stage, you know nothing decisive, just the warm up part. Like the making of a breakaway and the first climb of the day or first milestone of the stage if there's not a climb in the first half or the first couple of climbs if it's a high mountain stage with 4-5 climbs.

Something like that, but I'm guessing you'd have to restructure your reports a bit and that would be even more work on top of the already great amount of work that you are doing.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

Bikex
matt17br wrote:
Even after his first decline, Kruijswijk keeps on having frankly ridiculous breakaway luck and GC overperformances. I'm not even mad at this point, I just want any of my breakaway hopefuls to switch IDs with him in the MG DB, there's no other explanation Pfft

I think it's more about the team ID than rider ID Grin

I caught up now with the last few stages and except for a few decent sprints from Hsu there is not much to talk about from my team. Except for some nice trivia about Teklehaimanot and Viviani having won GT stages before. These reports are really on another level, thanks for that Fabianski!

However I have to say I find the AI absolutely terrible. The amount of breakaway wins is far too high and looking at the ranking points on offer extremely unfair on the teams that are not benefitting from them. I think it's not good for the MG, if the results we get provided by the game could as well have been received by rolling a dice. Results can be to some extent random and there should be some breakaway wins, but they should also be to an extent be expectable and if each stage goes to the break and not the terrain favorites and a rider like Malecki will be one of the top 3 scorers of the giro that is certainly not the case.

roturn
Less id related but more startlist related imo. IDs change regularly from year to year while riders keep doing those things e.g. Krujswijk due to stats and squad.

Regarding AI clearly it is looked into it and changes might be needed for the future.

Planning to have a discussion about those kind of things starting soon.

Bikex
I wasn't really serious about the ID.
I think it is also no coincidence that teams like Gazelle and ISA profit a lot from this due to their build up, so it's definitely not completely undeserved, but it's just too much points going in that direction I think.

whitejersey
Puma really has had some INTeresting AI this Giro and looks like that isn't going to change right now.

alexkr00
Malecki might not have been the rider you expected to be in pink for so long, but he is sure putting one hell of a fight to keep the adventure going.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

alexkr00
Too bad Boswell didn't have today the legs that he had yesterday. The team seemed to be working really hard for him.

Hopefully Aru losing time is a blessing in disguise for Aru in the mountain stages, but we will have to see as so far we had no attempts from neither him nor Majka.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

Croatia14
Great performance by Roman, a shame he couldn't win the stage but the KOM is a nice reward too Smile
ICL20 // Euskaltel Story // Can't Slow Down // 21 and Done // Dreams of a Viper

since 2018: Radsim'05: Astana
Most Improved Team 2018 & 2019 // Manager of the Year 2018, 2019 & 2020

PCM.daily Awards:
Most Improved Member '16 // MG New Manager '16 // Thread of the Year (PCT Roundtable Analysis) '17 '18 '19 // Most Helpful Member '18 '19 '20 // MG Team of the Year (Isostar - Adriatic) '18 // MG Manager of the Year '18 '19 // Member of the Year '19
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/X7eDBRB.png

RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB Updates: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
PCM.daily DB 2020 Updates: 1 // 2 // 3
PCM.daily Expansion Pack for PCM20 Updates: 1 // 1.5 // 1.8

cio93
This one REALLY takes the cake.

We're just two months away from me being a part of this game for a full decade.
I don't think Team Puma - SAP has ever had a worse day of racing than this one today.

Pathetic is not even close to being a strong enough word.
Malicious probably comes close.

If we still had unlimited training, I would sell every single rider but Herklotz.
Edited by cio93 on 19-01-2021 17:13

Bikex
Now it's pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/kng.png Teklehaimanot preparing the sprint for pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/kng.png Reis

Has he seen his sprint stat? :lol:

Congrats roturn on back to back wins, this time not from the break Smile

Still some very weird AI looking at what Demare did there.

knockout
Not sure why either we or Puma chased as Chiarello and whoever was supposed to be Pumas leader surely werent among the big stage favourites but i'm happy he at least somewhat converted it with a 6th place on the day. I'm disappointed that Budenieks was chosen to chase since that might have been the difference between being 2nd in GC and 5th in GC for now. Gotta expect to see him dropping like a dead fly in the next couple of days starting with the TT - especially as long as he is picked to chase this early.

Chiarello still very well placed taking ground on multiple contenders for top 10-15 who couldnt keep up with the crazy frenchmen on tilt at the front of the peloton while Budenieks still looks great in the young rider classification. Team classification of course looks great too but i cant imagine that it will still look that way for us in about two days ...

Congrats to roturn! What an insane ride the day after already being the strongest in the break. Should have let him ride for me when you had the chance Grin
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

alexkr00
cio93 wrote:
If we still had unlimited training, I would sell every single rider but Herklotz.

I'm sure everyone would agree to make an exception for this, but you'd have to sell every single one of them Pfft

Sorry, I know you are upset. I don't understand what's happening with Demare either.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

baseballlover312
Are we sure Demare doesn't have some kind of amnesia and forgot who he is or what his role is? I just have no idea what kind of strategy the game could have been trying to execute there.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Jump to Forum: