· Newest Member: Matsii2021
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Giro d'Italia - Discussion
roturn
On the positive:

- Valls in Group 1 and clear leader of the team as wanted.
- Velits collecting some time to attack later (hopefully)
- Boom tried to attack

On the negative:

- Boom tried too late and failed...
- Should have been a stage for a stronger rider such as Carboni to attack
- What the heck Carboni? 7 min down when supposed to fight for U25 podium
- Break once again won with some teams gaining points in relegation fight this way
- Koep as useless as usual in GTs and might once more miss the top100 GC despite having stats for this easily.
- Velits/Ciccone/Carboni/Koep...at least one of them should stay with Valls longer in the next stages.

On a non-team view:
- Wow. Spilak...good for Generali Talansky is still up there, but this is simply wow...
- Isostar now having kind of more points already than the startlist might have expected. Pfft
- Talansky vs Kritskiy still is thrilling but basically a duel only now.

Thanks for the report. Very long and I loved the amount of Velits mentions this stage, even though I only cared for Valls staying in the front group basically myself. Pfft

cio93
It's a disgrace. And he can't even win the bunch sprint.

I cannot fucking believe how unlucky we got with the AI so far. I might as well sell Demare if that's how things continue to go.

You can stay Fabianski, you're doing a brilliant job.
Edited by cio93 on 11-01-2021 16:53

SotD
Strange tactics, but atleast we tried something. Obviously the smart move would be to unleash Kastrantas or Van Niekerk though!

Things really not going my way lately :-(
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

matt17br
Fabianski wrote:
*runawayandhide*

What are you running from, it's time to re-run this GT Pfft

Honestly, what kind of daily form do you have to get to be so shit as a 83 MO 80 HI rider on the 4th stage? Just unbelievable. At least I don't have to be so invested in this shambles of a race anymore, all the pain came quick and easy Pfft
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
baseballlover312
matt17br wrote:
Fabianski wrote:
*runawayandhide*

Honestly, what kind of daily form do you have to get to be so shit as a 83 MO 80 HI rider on the 4th stage? Just unbelievable. At least I don't have to be so invested in this shambles of a race anymore, all the pain came quick and easy Pfft

That was just plain bizarre. It's like he crashed, but there are no crashes. Even a -5 shouldn't put him that far back, ever.

Just when I thought at least stage races and cobbles could kind of be trusted in this version, something like this proves otherwise.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
alexkr00
Me when I see we joined the breakaway but sent one of our worst riders in it
media4.giphy.com/media/xT1R9IjVemd6DJvTd6/giphy.gif

Me watching the finale unfold
media1.tenor.com/images/126f29e5f2e31f63e1a3270c53aab33d/tenor.gif

Me seeing Conti has actually won the stage
i1.wp.com/media1.giphy.com/media/xYHscQ1Np55i8/giphy.gif
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

ember
Wow, that was very unexpected. Terrible time loss for Spilak, which also puts him in a very difficult position thinking of the overall GC. Fear he can't be considered among the favourites for the overall win anymore, which is unfortunate. Feeling bad for you, matt!

And what a report that was. The work you've put into this is insane, in a good way, Fabianski. We can never expect such reports, but wow, these, and particular this one, are top, top class!

Now Taaramäe, is also the chance to shine. If we're going to get what we want from this race, we need a great performance on stage 5, where he hopefully can fight for the stage win and the overall lead. That was what I was banking on when deciding to send him here. Hopefully it turns out to be a good decision, though, that time loss from Spilak frightens me considering Taaramäe's chances going forward.

valverde321
Obviously not a bad stage for us. From a neutral perspective this stage was extremely exciting, but I feel for Matt. Probably the top favourite to win the race, and this happens on stage 4. Something just doesn't feel right when it happens in this way. Race day condition is the easy scapegoat, but I think theres bigger issues with the AI. I think it started off as bad positioning by Spilak, but why didnt his team help him more?

Once again, amazing reports. I cant wait for the rest of the race.

Ad Bot
Posted on 03-03-2021 05:49
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Croatia14
Feels like last Vuelta but reverse Embarassed
ICL20 // Euskaltel Story // Can't Slow Down // 21 and Done // Dreams of a Viper

since 2018: Radsim'05: Astana
Most Improved Team 2018 & 2019 // Manager of the Year 2018, 2019 & 2020

PCM.daily Awards:
Most Improved Member '16 // MG New Manager '16 // Thread of the Year (PCT Roundtable Analysis) '17 '18 '19 // Most Helpful Member '18 '19 '20 // MG Team of the Year (Isostar - Adriatic) '18 // MG Manager of the Year '18 '19 // Member of the Year '19
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/X7eDBRB.png

RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB Updates: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
PCM.daily DB 2020 Updates: 1 // 2 // 3
PCM.daily Expansion Pack for PCM20 Updates: 1 // 1.5 // 1.8

Fabianski
roturn wrote:
- Wow. Spilak...good for Generali Talansky is still up there, but this is simply wow...

matt17br wrote:

Honestly, what kind of daily form do you have to get to be so shit as a 83 MO 80 HI rider on the 4th stage?

baseballlover312 wrote:
That was just plain bizarre. It's like he crashed, but there are no crashes. Even a -5 shouldn't put him that far back, ever.

ember wrote:
Wow, that was very unexpected. Terrible time loss for Spilak, which also puts him in a very difficult position thinking of the overall GC. Fear he can't be considered among the favourites for the overall win anymore, which is unfortunate. Feeling bad for you, matt!

valverde321 wrote:
From a neutral perspective this stage was extremely exciting, but I feel for Matt. Probably the top favourite to win the race, and this happens on stage 4. Something just doesn't feel right when it happens in this way. Race day condition is the easy scapegoat, but I think theres bigger issues with the AI. I think it started off as bad positioning by Spilak, but why didnt his team help him more?

First of all, I was feeling very bad for Matt as well during this stage, and even while writing the report. Obviously, bad AI hurts us all now an then, but in a GT is just quite much the worst possible moment...

I obviously don't want to give spoilers about the rest of the race, but here are still my two cents about this stage: Unfortunately, I don't save the replays (as the game crashed the one time I tried it), so I can't really say why Spilak's positioning was that bad. In my opinion, it's most likely he actually punctured, as he always was close to the front before. PCM unfortunately doesn't always keep track of those punctures.

Then, I guess one major issue was that Talansky was among the stage favorites (who said weak startlist?). I expected the team to work as hard as they can to bring him back - but they seemed to be OK with having Talansky up front. Even when he had three teammates with him, they didn't work - it's obviously very bad AI...

He did really well when going solo, but as soon as he again had some teammates around him, he just sat down. He looked a bit tired for sure, but I'm sure he could have done better than just cruising uphill inside that group. Although I doubt he could have caught the peloton. But he might just have lost 2 minutes instead of 4...

Honestly, I was asking all these questions as well during the stage, and the only more or less viable explanation I found was indeed that the team didn't care if it was Spilak or Talansky up front. Again, really sorry for you - but the race ain't over Smile I hope you'll still be with me for the remaining 17 stages...

cio93 wrote:
It's a disgrace. And he can't even win the bunch sprint.

I cannot fucking believe how unlucky we got with the AI so far. I might as well sell Demare if that's how things continue to go.

I can understand your frustration. Iirc, he was pretty much at the end of the group on top of the last climb (not really surprising after that much climbing), and with his sub-par downhill he can't be expected to gain a lot of positions. Of course, he could have won that sprint, but he came from far back, and I guess that's all he still could do. Honestly, I don't think the stage win would have been within reach today (unlike yesterday, where I'd be frustrated as well in your place).

alexkr00 wrote:
Me seeing Conti has actually won the stage

Congrats, to you and all others who won something so far Smile

matt17br
Fabianski wrote:
Honestly, I was asking all these questions as well during the stage, and the only more or less viable explanation I found was indeed that the team didn't care if it was Spilak or Talansky up front. Again, really sorry for you - but the race ain't over Smile I hope you'll still be with me for the remaining 17 stages...

No doubt! As frustrated as I am right now I still think that barring any other AI disasters Spilak can still fight for the podium - although I'm a bit worried that the game now thinks Talansky is our leader... can't believe the game still can't handle these situations decently.

You're doing a great job and as bad as it is for managers when these horrible fuck-ups influence their riders, I know it can be just as awful for reporters when they pour so much time and effort into it just to have PCM... shit all over it Pfft
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Bikex
Wow such a long and great report, thanks Fabianski. I only spoiled myself a little bit as I first started reading at post #2. Embarassed
Of course it's unfortunate when having 2 in contention with 5 riders in total to get 4th and 5th but Fung and Mano can't really be expected to fight for GT stage wins at the current stage of their development so this is a very pleasant result.
Teklehaimanot losing time after being dropped late is a little unfortunate, but it's good to see Reis still in a very good position. Now looking forward to the first real test tomorrow!

Spilak inexplicably losing so much time sucks, but I'm sure he'll still finish on the podium.

DubbelDekker
Wow crazy stage! Didn't expect this amount of fireworks in the hills.
Shame Malecki lost the jersey so soon. But considering the massive tempo it's actually quite impressive that he managed to finish in the "peloton".

Feel bad for the big leaders losing so much time.
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

Bushwackers
Oof... Spilak. Sorry Matt, that just doesn't make sense. Enjoying the thorough reporting Fabianski, very well done. Just happy that Amador is hanging in at this point.

knockout
I was going to complain that Budenieks did nothing to defend his KoM jersey but i can hardly complain about a bad decision that might be justified by tired legs when Spilak was screwed so badly. Great report hampered by bad AI!

Isostar is really going to double their previous season tally here?

Nice attempt by Chiarello too. If only we would just see some gaps awarded for once...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

cio93
This is a weird GT. And in the worst possible way for us.

Mager was leading the break, all the way until the moment where he actually should've led it. Obviously he couldn't make use of his 77hil when there's only 500m left to go.
I did like the fighting spirit he had, but ultimately it barely brings us any points, and just leaves me more disillusioned, with the 4th chance of a stage win missed in 4 days.

I feel like if we don't win tomorrow, we won't get a single stage and drop far down the rankings.
Isostar is probably already gone, and Gazelle is passing us as we speak with this dumb AI.

roturn
Boom wasnt the best option here... Carboni should have gone. This way it was obvious he wouldn't score a lot even though it was amazing to still see him trying worth his attack in the end.

Now all climbers other than Valls have taken some minutes and should go next time as several of those would be 1st to 3rd candidates from a break.

Velits from top10 in the TdF to not caring at all. Still 79 no which hopefully sees him active later.

Gazelle having there typical Krujswijk kind of rider in Malecki. Lots of further stage points and Jersey points to come... Much needed for them this season.

Thanks for the great report. Now the best AI here but you really make it a great read for sure.

matt17br
With only 1 MTF between now and the 3rd week, Malecki has a legitimate chance of keeping his jersey until the TT or after, that's pretty crazy. Really going to turn Gazelle's season upside down like that. Obviously happy for DD considering some bad luck early on but jesus... this is some trash AI and I can't think of another PT race that saw similar scenarios unfold.

At least it seems to realize Talansky is not my leader, and Spilak seems to be in good form too, which is about the only positive I can get out of this whole thing. But we're going to lose out on a huge amount of points due to this mess.

Nevertheless, thanks for the huge effort Fabianski, not your fault.

knockout
Thanks for another great report!

Budenieks continues to deliver here. It will be a tough choice figuring out how to max him after the season 3rd on the stage, 3rd in GC and tied mountain jersey is awesome - ill happily take it.

Didnt really like Chiarellos attack today. It was one of the rare occasions where i disliked an attack. There was no chance to get any stage points or grab additional mountain points and it was unlikely that he can get a big enough time gap to matter. Better save the energy for later stages then.

Congrats dd. A massive start to the Giro for you! I wish Malecki would have fit into my plans this season ...

But seriously what a weird GT opening week ...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Ollfardh
Fedeli will be the next Dall'Oste, mark my words!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Jump to Forum: