PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Giro d'Italia - Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 26-02-2021 13:50
Bot Agent

IP: None  
knockout
I think the crazy slow down took away the big RES advantage of Eislers so im not surprised he barely cracked the top ten. Cant really complain about it when i dont bring much flat support so @Puma: Please get your shit together Pfft
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

roturn
Weird finish and not ideal to see that Van der Poel didn't even care after a harder day. Obviously can't be expected really worth his low sprint but still had hoped to see him further up at least as none in the top100 seems like sitting fast behind in the peloton.

No GC rider losing time and Boom fighting hard in the break was good to see. Fusion earlier as well. Best two options on that stage, so hoping on harder stage, the others will go instead.

viking90
Wiiiihhhoooo! Cool
This is just why we bought Appo to try take a stage when he is not leadout for Ahlstrand! GT stage win was more then I hoped for! Grin
Hopefully he can take another podium later on aswell!

ember
Weird finish, and a surprise winner. Congratulations, viking!

Well done by the team to keep Taaramäe safe. Can't ask for more! We'll move on to the next one Smile

tsmoha
At least a notable result by Meyer.. Obviously a GC lead would have been great, but couldn't really expect it here. Even though our plan (good TTT followed by a Meyer result) almost worked Wink

Bikex
Unexpected result. It seems like Puma does not have any ambition to win stages. I would've preferred a mass sprint here.

This also means the end of the ranking points reign after the TTT win. Now it's up to Reis to get us some more. I at least liked to see him towards the front in most of the pictures. Thanks for another great report and congrats all of the teams that had someone up in the break. They all profit from it greatly, especially Croatia!

cio93
Holy fuck. We're so dumb.

Decidedly no congrats to Isostar.

Bikex wrote:
It seems like Puma does not have any ambition to win stages.

Well I do.

Ollfardh
i.imgflip.com/4tbogh.jpg
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Croatia14
Yes yes. I was really mad at how the team played the cards at the KOMs, but then they did so well at the very end. Huge win for our new signing Gabburo, the strategy of picking attackers all out with the expected early trouble-stages was perfect. I honestly feel sorry for the sprinters here, but that's exactly what made me doubt everything when I had Kump as Vuelta-favourite and my team constantly did nothing to bring him in a sprint where he was the clear favourite. So it feels like some consolidation.

Obviously I'm over the moon with that stage result. Also, who'd have thought that last team on the startlist Isostar would lead the Team Classification once in this race Grin amazing stuff!

Also superb reporting, thanks Fabianski Smile

knockout
Ah that was a brilliant stage for Evonik. We start the race by claiming the KoM jersey with Budenieks who is a brilliant all round rider. I'm very much okay with sacrifizing a better stage result for that as there is a good chance that he can keep it for at least one more day with 18 points on offer tomorrow. Ideally that means that he will use his starting position at the front of the pack to join the break again and make sure nobody will be able to claim it until possibly the final climb of stage 5 (not sure what category that is and how many points that would be worth) or with a bit of luck we can even defend it till stage 8.

Having a bit of a gap to the third placed rider in the young rider classification is also pretty cool as that might be another scource of points over the next couple of days. Team classification also looks quite good for now. We have a decent depth there so those 3 minutes might be valuable later on. And finally, fourth on the stage is obviously pretty damn cool too.

Congrats to Isostar! The season has been mostly disappointing so far so they back the Phinney win in Czechia up with a great start to GT racing. Quite cool to see two late pickups in FA so strong for them, proving once again that even late in the transfer window, there are some nice bargains to be made.

Similar things could be said about Gazelle. A big signing of the winter leaves his first (?) mark on the season.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
knockout wrote:

Similar things could be said about Gazelle. A big signing of the winter leaves his first (?) mark on the season.

Malecki had a good PN, although not quite this good. I think he and Budnieks spent some time in the breaks together there. Rivals?
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

tastasol
The kind of stage where we should have been in the break. Hope the guys took notice!

matt17br
Lol, this kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen is it? Bizarre AI behaviour. Oh well, congrats Croatia!
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
SotD
Not joining the break on stages like that is really bad!
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

redordead
Well that was a fun stage, for the breakaway at least Pfft

Love the Isostar double act at the end Grin

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogańćar

roturn
Lucky Isostar....a stage with high break chances and they go with 2 riders in the group.

Unfortunately Boom/van der Poel who would have been perfect for that stage, in especially later, didn`t try today.

Very unfortunate for Cio as his team should have tried better to get them back.

Other than that good to see Valls being placed well on the climbs in the first 20 positions. Not that good that Frison is taking care of him, who is the weakest of mine. Koep/Boom clearly would be the better but this will change anyway when Frison is over the time limit after 1-2 mountain stages. Pfft

34th for Van der Poel in the end. Clearly he could have done a top10 in such no sprinter peloton when trying but I guess starting the sprint from like 60th position doesn`t help then. He really needs som training to become more than a valuable depth scorer and support rider, but hope is still there to see him in many breaks on semi hard stages, where he often should be one of the strongest if they make it to the finish, which likely is his main scoring potential at the moment.

Thanks for another quality report.

ember
That was early to start the breakaway bonanza Pfft

Congratulations on the win, Croatia!

Four our race, we did another perfect stage, keeping Taaramäe safe. This also means we're one step closer to the first mountain top finish, where we really hope to claim the race lead. That could potentially be a make or break moment for our race here, and also our points income from the race in general. Fingers crossed!

alexkr00
Hopefully we'll do better at joining breakaways later in the race.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

DubbelDekker
Malecki is the highlight of our otherwise rough season so far. He keeps going in the right breaks and generally does well. Brilliant to grab the maglia rosa; it's good for team morale and a cool career milestone, especially for an unmaxed youngster. Shame there's a mountaintop finish coming soon, so we can't defend it for very long.

Congrats to Isostar; that was very well played tactically.
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

Fabianski
*runawayandhide*

Jump to Forum: