Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Milan-San Remo Discussion
knockout
Rolling Eyes

Perfectly played, evonik...
Dropping your own captain is always the best strategy to cause chaos.

At least the rest of the team scored good depth points headlined by Dzamastagic as 11th but clearly not what i was expecting and/or hoping here.

Interesting how the puncheurs didnt play any role this year. Completely different race compared to last season.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

tastasol
If you had offered me a third place before the race, I would have taken it instantly, but I got to say - that was a heartbreak!

Fantastic effort by Kragh. Did everything correct and a third place is a breakthrough result for him in flat classics.

Happy with Wisniowski as well in 13rd. Okay, we lost Pedersen, but two guys top 13 is a good result for us anyway.

Thanks for a great report Abhi. Cool win for Degenkolb.

Bikex
Had hoped for a little bit more when I saw Hsu was still with the front group towards the end but with 3 riders in the top 30 I'm not disappointed with this result.
Thanks for the report Abhishek and congrats Scorchio, Degenkolb is really good this season!

Shonak
Heartbreak finale but this has been a long time coming for Degenstache. Great report!
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V

DubbelDekker
I guess Formolo got a puncture and the rest of the team waited for him? Otherwise it makes zero sense that all those strong Gazelle riders dropped. It certainly wasn't a big split that caught them unaware: there were only 8 other riders with them.
Luckily we probably didn't lose a lot of points with this accident. Hope it doesn't happen again in a race where we are actually contenders.

Congratulations Scorchio! It's redemption month in the PT starring Bobridge and Degenkolb.
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

TheManxMissile
media1.tenor.com/images/3a989aa5ed90fc2d087c199be4b8e81d/tenor.gif

Yep, friendly reminder we're a team capable of winning a Monument and being at genuine risk of relegation to CT at the same time :lol:

Great effort from Ewan to completely justify the Wildcard entry. Perhaps this, along with the Ricki win in Southland, can kickstart our under-par season into gear.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

alexkr00
Disappointing result. Grosu finished worse than in the previous two editions and the rest of the team was a no show, especially Gerts.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

tsmoha
Good result for Howard, really can't complain about an 8th place in this monument! Obviously something I had hoped for, that the sprinters will battle it out and Howard staying in the mix thanks to his solid backup stats. Well done after a rather lame start into season (which was still solid by him, but nothing spectacular as for points). Lane being in the break and showing our colors with a late desperate attack is a nice bonus

Thanks for the report and congrats to those, who did well.

baseballlover312
Love to see SKA on the move and getting that podium. Huge heartbreak for Evonik though, killing their own leader who should be perfect for this terrain. Makes very little sense.

Exciting race at least with a fun finish. Thanks for the report!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Ad Bot
Posted on 26-02-2021 12:07
Bot Agent

IP: None  
cio93
A weird race, guess I got to be happy with 5th even though we fail the goal, looking at how Demare was just centimetres from being 8th.
And as long as we beat Van Stayen by 26 positions, I cannot be in any position to complain. Pfft

His big mistake - like in every MSR but the 2018 one where we had a sprint train - was to not catch the big train of sprinters taking off under the flamme rouge.
He keeps being in the wind and not in the slipstream in that position, and it gives him no chance to ever win this race despite it being perfect for him, and the sprint AI changes being tailor-made for an 82 sprinter.
It's just a roulette at the KM marker, and Demare keeps missing out.

I really thought he could win multiple editions in his career with all that training, and by now I would have to be content with a single one at some point.

Congrats ISA on your first monument win in your first participation, something I still strive for after years! Smile

It's also great to see Ewan take away points from PT teams, and Coquard does deserve to at least finish ahead of that whole bunch of weaker sprinters.
And as for the guy in between those riders, never ever ever should a 62mo 65hil rider be able to get away on the Poggio. Especially not with this inflated DB.
I mean good job SKA and Grieg really need those points, but we all know that.

Thank you for the report Abhi! There was a lot of suspense in the last few hundred metres that you managed to present well.

valverde321
Huge win for ISA, great job!

Would have liked to be a bit further up, but 3 in the first 26 is still very solid for us, as some big names were even further behind. Kinoshita maybe should have been more aggressive, but Arashiro did what I thought he would, just couldn't stay away unfortunately.

thanks for the report!

tastasol
cio93 wrote:

And as for the guy in between those riders, never ever ever should a 62mo 65hil rider be able to get away on the Poggio. Especially not with this inflated DB.

Must say I was really surprised that he got a gap on the Poggio myself. Partially because of the pace going down I guess, but I would imagine that the flat stat actually matter quite a bit on such a low gradient climb? I really don't know, curious if anyone knows?

cio93
tastasol wrote:
cio93 wrote:

Must say I was really surprised that he got a gap on the Poggio myself. Partially because of the pace going down I guess, but I would imagine that the flat stat actually matter quite a bit on such a low gradient climb? I really don't know, curious if anyone knows?

The rule of thumb that I remember is anything up to 3%. Could be the old engine though.

ember
Exciting race, and a very different finale compared to last year. Thank you for the nice report, Abhi!

Must say I cheered for Kragh at the end, there. Kind of heartbreak to see him just loose out, but at the same time a very cool win for the ISA promoters. Huge to get a monument win on the first try as a PT team!

valverde321
cio93 wrote:
tastasol wrote:
cio93 wrote:

The rule of thumb that I remember is anything up to 3%. Could be the old engine though.

Between 3-5% is a mix of Flat and Hill/MO I think (depending on effort, so likely hill in this case)

Add in ACC and the flat beasts with high ACC are probably the best bets on this in hindsight, although someone like Hagen or Ponzi really should be the best riders to attack on the Poggio still, but with the flat section at the end I guess the flat riders fancied themselves more.

SportingNonsense
Weird race, flat seemed to indeed be more important than hills. Van der Lijke unfortunately not able to take any advantage of the prior hills in terms of sapping the strengths of the other sprinters. It is at least Top 10, but not the best outcome for sure.

Thanks for the report Abhi. One request for future though - it would have been nice to have a little more information about who was in the front group, rather than just who was dropped.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

OlegTinkov
Samolenkov 10th place is pretty good!

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
CrueTrue
Hugely disappointing. No two ways about it.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Jump to Forum: