· Newest Member: Tobyyy
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT'20] Adastra N Hell Energy Cycling
redordead
ivaneurope wrote:
It was revealed by some members of the Swisslion team that they've spotted Preidler in Adastra's team bus, changed his clothes and took a taxi to the airport without saying even a word.

Hey, don't throw us into this. We have our own team issues to deal with Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

ivaneurope
Statement from Adastra N - Hell Energy Cycling
The following statement from Adastra N - Hell Energy Cycling is in regards to the events that occured after the Amstel Gold Race surrounding the wherabouts of Georg Preidler.

After the end of the race as per MGUCI protocols every team has to ensure that all classified riders are here and thereby had not left the designated area. As I wasn't able to be at the event due to business committments, that task was given to Clive Ebejer, our chief trainer. Once he counted the riders, he has noticed that Preidler is not there. After a long search and inquiring members from other teams, he was reached out by some members of the Swisslion team telling him that they've spotted him in our team bus. The bus rider confirmed that he heard someone entering the bus.

Once the information was revealed, Ebejer informed the squad leader Petar Panayotov (as the most experienced in the team) while both went to the MGUCI officials to inform them that Preidler has left the area. As in protocol, the MGUCI has launched an investigation against both the team and rider. As per regulations we're going to aid the MGUCI with anything possible during the investigation.

I'd like to personally thank the members of the Swisslion Cycling Team for their co-operation. And I'd like to congratulate their lead rider Eduard Alexander Beltran for his Top 10 finish in the race - both teams have suffered immense hardship and I sincerely think that this finish will lift their spirits up.

As for Preidler - outside of the investigation, I'd deal with with him personaly and would require to explain himself. This act is very concerning and I know that he's been deeply frustrated over his poor results.

Signed,
ivaneurope, CEO of Adastra Hyundai N Cycling GmbH (operating under the Adastra N - Hell Energy Cycling)

i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

redordead
Clearly there are people on my team that seem to be preoccupied with other nonsense rather than performing on the road.

Snitches get stiches! Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

ivaneurope
ANNOUNCEMENT: BWT to become primary sponsor
During the International Österreich Rundfahrt the journalists surrounded the Adastra N Hell Energy Cycling Team with some news surrounding their star rider Georg Preidler. Instead the team droped a bombsell of epic proportions - they have announced that the team will undergo a radical image and ownership change.

Here's what the media managed to obtain - Adastra Group has decided to scale down their involvement within the team. They've sold their share to Hyundai Motor Europe, but are set to remain a backer. Ivaneurope still holds a minority share of 20% since MGUCI rules state that managers need to have a bare minimum of 20% stake in the team. Hyundai now has 70% with the remaining 10% being split between other shareholders, including Anastasiya Klymenko who owns 4%.

With these changes it is expected to see new color scheme. But rather than being light blue, black and dark orange (colors associated with Hyundai Motorsport), other colors were mentioned from the team - pink, magenta, gray and white. While those colors aren't associated with Hyundai, they however represent another company with rich portforlio in sports over the recent seasons. Enter......BWT

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/BWT_logo.png

BWT AG, an Austian water treatment company, most famous for its sponsorship of the Racing Point Formula One Team (to become Aston Martin Racing in 2021) has decided to enter the MGUCI universe by joining the Hyundai cycling operation. Despite the team being one of the most likely candidates to slip down to CT division next season, BWT stated that they're going to committ to the project regardless of where the team will compete in 2021.

The team is set to become BWT Hyundai N Adastra CT (CT is short for cycling team) with some journalists saying that the team has applied to change the name with immediate effect, though it will be highly unlikely to accept the re-branding for this season.

i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

ivaneurope
BWT and Hyundai's plans for the next season
After the announcements that Hyundai has taken over a majority share in the team as well as announcing the arrival of BWT as major sponsor further details emerged on the team's future in MGUCI pyramid. According to Austrian sources the team has formally requested a name change which was rejected by the MGUCI on the grounds that name changes can be made during the off-season. The change of the ownership however was approved by the MGUCI's board of directors. Meanwhile, it was confirmed that Adastra will remain as a sponsor and will appear on the jersey, but not on the team's name for 2021.

The second thing that was discussed was the roster itself and the payroll. Currently, the team pays € 2 475 000 for a total of 24 riders - 17 riders with direct contract, 4 loaned in riders (the team pays the full wages for Higuita and Otruba, while for Rochas and Kämna the team only pays partially), 2 stagiaries and Max Losch (currently at loan at Aker-MOT, but our team pays his wage). With the team being in danger of going down to the CT division next season which means a much smaller budget, the situation isn't great. This means that the team has to make the following choices: 1. Ask the main guys to take a pay cut 2. Sign the on big wage with the intention to sell or 3. Let the leave in free agency. Currently, the most expensive rider is Georg Preidler who is earning € 600 000 and apart from him and Alexander Kristoff (€ 380 000) no rider is earning more than € 200 000.

Age has also been discussed - excluding all loaned riders, the team's average age is 30.26 with only 6 being younger than 30. 5 riders (Leopold Konig, Alexander Kristoff, Petar Panayotov, Andreas Stauff and Martin Grashev) are 33 y.o., while 5 more (Lorents Ola Aasvold, Hersony Canelon, Damion Drapac, Bjorn Thurau and Ramunas Navardauskas) are 32 y.o.. With stat decline on the horizon the team is put in a very tough position come renewal time. Despite being 33, Leopold Konig is the best rider for the team right now, but the impending decline could force the team to let him go. The same goes for Kristoff, who is their best sprinter despite his inconsistency.

More tricky is the situation with Preidler. As it was mentioned, he earns more than any other rider on the roster, but after the Hong Kong Challenge he hasn't shown anything substantial other than Top 5 finish at the Tour de Romandie. During the last few months a rift was growing and after the Amstel Gold Race he walked out without telling the team. It was later announced by MGUCI that Preidler will have to seek help from sports psychologist. When renewals come around the team will have a monumental task of negotiating with him, though a proposal that will allow teams to have the leverage on contract talks depending on the results is being discussed.

i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

Jump to Forum: