· Total Members: 140,079
· Newest Member: atynog
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Fantasy NFL: Season 2019
baseballlover312
5 straight losses to be officially eliminated. It definitely hurts. I guess when 4 of you top 5 draft choices miss several weeks, either with injury or because of their inability to be a normal person, failure is bound to happen. I guess I just thought I could fight through the injuries, but I couldn't. The last few weeks just got worse and worse. Even my waiver and trade guys ended up injured.

I guess there's always next year.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
DaveTwoBob
To celebrate Davante Adams first touchdown of the season Rolling Eyes lets take a look at Rookie of the Year standings

cunego59 is the clear leader of the rookie competition and could go all the way.
ryant and D2B are just outside the playoffs.
kandesbunzler26 is struggling, hopefully learning lots to come back stronger next year.

1. Shanahanigans - 9-3
2. Broken Knees - 6-6
3. Crackback and Sack - 6-6
4. The Berlin Whales - 1-11
Manager of Suntory [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

sosososik
Man the battle for the last playoff spot is going to be incredible. By my understanding of the rules, the first 6 teams will make the playoffs regardless of the division with only the division winner being guaranteed a bye no matter his place in the standings.

There are 6 teams fighting for 2 places though technically I'm not in the playoffs just yet, but with the tie breaker being Points For, I'm certainly going to make it Smile. Diamond Miners, Hide and Zeke, Broken Knees, Danish Warrior, Kolbotn Penguins and Crackback and Sack all have a real chance to get it depending on what will happen this week. Also the battle for the bye it's still on in Division 1. It's going to be lit. Shock

Regarding my season so far, it was probably one of my most memorable ever. Right now I'm in 4th place with the most points scored, but also, with the most points against. Wasn't fazed by the 0-2 start, but fear of missing the playoffs started to appear after losing two straight facing the only team that could've beat me in that week. Then losing by 6 two weeks ago only to beat bbl last week and secure my playoff spot.

What made this season special for me was the number of trades I made lol. There were 6 of them which is probably at least double the amount I've ever done in a single season. I remember saying at the beginning of the season that I felt I had a strong team, but one I didn't like. So I've acted accordingly.

Started by trading Josh Gordon to jdog for Hunter Henry, a trade that looked so bad after the first week that he felt the need post about it.

sosososik wrote:
jseadog1 wrote:
Thanks for the trade sosososik Wink

Yeah .. you win some, you lose some. Embarassed

Nothing but love jdog. :lol:

Then I traded Chris Thompson and Mecole Hardman for Devin Singletary after Singletary's injury because I liked the potential the kid showed and felt he could help me down the stretch. He actually did, but I'll tell you about it later. Wink

The third trade was the first blockbuster trade when I sent Todd Gurley and AJ Green for DeAndre Hopkins. I love Nuk and I own him in two other leagues. I've also owner AJ Green in three other leagues, but I felt I had to start cutting my losses. I'll be honest about Gurley, I didn't like how he looked, but my friends believed in him and I knew others my view him the same.

Then came the one I really thought I've given up too much, but I haven't own Kamara last season and neither did in this one so I had to get him if I got the chance. I'm sorry Freemen got injured bbl, I really wanted to work out for both of us. In the meantime cunego59 came to me with an offer for Samuels wanting to cuff Conner and I asked for DWill. At the time Samuels looked like the back to own, especially in PPR with Conner out. I thought so to in another league. Sad

Remember Singletary? He became useful. After ryant posted that he's looking for a RB and that even CMC is available, I couldn't really hold myself. I offered Kamara and DWill to which he countered with Kamara, Singletary and Hollister. Didn't know what to do at first, because I have 0 depth right now, but CMC is CMC. Hope it works out for you too.

After almost a full season I turned what I thought was a strong team that I didn't like into what I think is the strongest team in the league, a team that is made almost entirely of players I like. But the road is still long and now the real season begins. Grin

Wow this is a long post. Was bored at home lol. You probably didn't made it this far, but if you did thank you and good luck to you. Smile
i.imgur.com/vklM6ie.png

TheManxMissile
cunego59 wrote:
Fun matchup with Manx next week to finish the regular season.

Can Wilson and Lockett combine for 7pts and steal the overall #1 on MNF? Against those Viking DB's I'd hope so.

But this week, for me, was all about 4th qtr James White ending with 2 TD's and 177 combined yrds for a huge 37.7 points. Last minute decision to keep him in instead of Sanders, good call! Just adding more value to that mid-season trade with ryant Wink

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs I'm more than happy with this season, to even be contending for the playoffs, let alone battling for the #1 spot... wow!
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

baseballlover312
I won a game. Shock
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Ad Bot
Posted on 06-12-2019 22:44
Bot Agent

IP: None  
DaveTwoBob

Congrats, had one of my best weeks but not good enough.
Manager of Suntory [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

cunego59
TheManxMissile wrote:
You'll win that easily and secure the #1 overall spot. I'm just hoping to hang on with enough points to top Division 1 to get the playoff bye. The schedules remaining for my players suck and it'll take something really nuts to contest the title in the end.

Congratulations on a very well-executed reverse jinx and the #1 spot Wink I continue to be amazed by the Aaron Jones (under)usage, but luckily this match didn't matter much. Congrats to all other playoff teams as well!

kandesbunzler26
The season ends with a win (though it was a narrow one) and a not very impressive 2-11 record. At least I should have secured the worst rookie of the year award...

I've learned a lot and the results got better over the season, so I'm hoping to be back (and better) next year.

Good luck to everyone in the postseason.

Mresuperstar
All the things that happened for me to keep a playoff spot this week is nothing short of a miracle. After losing, I needed a handful of 6-6 teams to lose (since I didn't have the tiebreaker over anybody) and somehow it worked out. Huge shoutout to Rashaad Penny!

My team has sucked for a while now, so not expecting to make any noise in the playoffs. Just happy I made it.
i.imgur.com/CLh3ZFw.png
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/3UeMfy1.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
Jump to Forum: