· Newest Member: menno
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
Isostar Slovenija [PT'18]
Croatia14
Champions of the World

In a thrilling finale in Geelong, the cycling World fought out their annual World Championship. When it came down to the wire after the last couple of hills, the numerous Isostar riders in the Slovenian squad had guided Marko Kump and his leadout Mark Dzamastagic into the final 25-men selection. What's left is history this Slovenian Cycling Project has put their efforts in for years...

It looks set to be a three-way battle between Van Stayen, Kump and Bewley, as all three of them are currently on De Bie's wheel, who acts as Van Stayen's leadout. Hagen the next rider in line followed by Bernas, Ulissi, Stoltz and Hansen. Boeckmans in the back of the group, leaving the sprint for Van Stayen, but why not sacrifice himself as leadout?

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/25.jpg

Such a strong leadout from De Bie that Hagen and co have to leave a gap at 1800 meters. Van Stayen, Kump, Bewley, one of these will be the new champion of the world.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/26.jpg

De Bie moves aside at 1400, perhaps a bit too early for Van Stayen. He's now in the wind with Kump and Bewley eager to benefit off his slipstream.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/27.jpg

Under the flag for the final kilometer and the three are virtually side-by-side. Van Stayen obviously having less speed, so Bewley versus Kump for the rainbow jersey most likely.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/28.jpg

500 meters, Kump ever so slightly in the lead but Bewley appears to have more speed. Van Stayen has been passed and has to settle for bronze, as the rest of the group is far behind. Hagen still leading the sprint there, battling with Ulissi and T. Meyer for fourth as De Bie has been passed as well.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/29.jpg

Bewley indeed passes Kump at 300 meters and leads by half-a-bike.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/30.jpg

100 meters, Kump is coming back! Whoever has the best bike throw will win! And it's...

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/31.jpg

TOO CLOSE TO CALL! Bewley and Kump look at each other, Bewley had been leading but Kump had the better push, and it's unclear who crosses the line first. If there is a difference it will be measured in centimeters if not millimeters. We have to wait for the replays and the finish photo.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/32.jpg

Time to look at the replays for the victory:

Inconclusive. I'm inclined to say Bewley but we can't get a shot of the exact moment they crossed the line. We have to wait for the actual finish photo. I've received confirmation that we will see it on screen right now!

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/35.jpg

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/36.jpg

Marko Kump wins the World Championship by a matter of millimeters over Sam Bewley. What a turnaround from the Slovenian. He only led the final meters of the race, but those meters matter the most. Bewley with a silver medal, adding to his collection of gold in 2016 and bronze in 2014. Surely he must be disappointed to be this close.

We welcome to the podium the 2018 World Champion and the new owner of the rainbow jersey: Marko Kump!

Result

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Races/WC/RR/37.jpg

RankNameTeamTime
1Marko KumpSlovenia6h47'03
2Sam BewleyNew Zealands.t.
3Michael Van StayenBelgiums.t.
4Diego UlissiItalys.t.
5Mikhail IgnatievRussias.t.
6Travis MeyerAustralias.t.
7Edvald Boasson HagenNorways.t.
8Tejay Van GarderenUSAs.t.
9Lukasz WisniowskiPolands.t.
10Christopher Juul-JensenDenmarks.t.
11Mark DzamastagicSlovenias.t.

In what was one of the closest finishes in recent cycling history, Marko Kump took the gold medal. A proud moment for all Slovenian cycling fans, but also for the whole team. After what was more often than not a tough season for Kump, he turned it all around completely in the final race winning the biggest title of all possible: WORLD CHAMPION!

We are sure that he will wear the the shirt with proud next year. The shirt? Yes, it is confirmed that the names are set for next season. How will Kumps world champions shirt look like? That's a very well kept secret so far. But be more than sure that behind the scenes the process is running for the most eyecatching, the most flashy world champions jersey you've ever seen. Just another way of how Kump will tell the world about our lime mentality. What a day for the project!

jandal7
Congrats man, you and Marko deserve this so much after working so hard to move up the divisions with the Slovenian focus and doing so well in PT with only Slovenian leaders. Testament to your award-winning management and passion for the project. Just a stunning victory in amazing fashion - beating the best in the world in a straight sprint for the world title. Awesome. Enjoy it - you've earned it.
30/12/14 - matt17br said "Sutty's birthday is more important than [Jesus' Birthday]"
[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | The Life And Times | [PCT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing p/b Octagon
[CX] Listerijns & BoK

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png
i.imgur.com/kDSWYiK.png
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2019 18:46
Bot Agent

IP: None  
knockout
And you're acting like Van Stayen didnt willingly lead Kump out in the sprint finish? You fully know that this is the preferred result of everyone who is involved in the Evonik team. Screw the bewbastard, long live King Kump <3

A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/thread.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/thread.png

AbhishekLFC
What a win for Kump! Very well deserved for an amazing project and rider Grin The hard season for Kump is well and truly forgotten now. Eagerly waiting to see him in his WC colours on the new jersey Cool

Croatia14
Breaking News:

Isostar Slovenija are officially linked to a global company that will take up a big part of the funds for 2019. Not that the formerly linked Spezialized company will not be the mysterious sponsor. Instead, rumour has it that it's a company even closer to the #meninlime identity of the project.

Sources told local newspapers from the Drava region that it may come with the demand of a certain star on the market. What does that mean for superstar Simon Spilak, World Champion Marko Kump and the best u25puncheur on the planet, Mate Mohoric? Surely those 3 couldnt co-exist with an international star stealing the show!? GMs Kranjec and Mugerli were only willing to confirm that the path of developing young Slovenian and Balcan talents will continue, along the lines of fan favourites Per, Polanc, Novak and more.

Stay tuned for more information in the next 24 hours...

Ollfardh
Van Asbroeck's old rival sure made it far, congrats!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

cio93
Men in lime...star on the market...men in lime...star on the market...

Oh my god. Mountain Dew.

Roman
Huge congrats on that WC win as well as your successful entry into the PT. Although it would be cool to see Bewley winning the Worlds again, I am really happy to see Kump winning it all for you. Looking forward to hear the news about your next season as well. Smile
Manager of Moser - Sygic

Jump to Forum: