PCM.daily banner
15-11-2019 04:46
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 9

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 139,985
· Newest Member: olalo
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2018 » PCM 18: PCM.daily Projects
 Print Thread
PCM.daily Stat Discussion
purepasd
Croatia14 wrote:
purepasd wrote:
I don't believe those stats are good enough for Remco. He has been performing so consistently and in such style, going solo. On top he had a mechanical in San Sebastian. I'd say at least 76 hill as a start, and maybe even more RES.


I disagree. Evenepoel has not been consistent this season. Also he has shown that he is not that great going over hills. Remember he got dropped on the penultimate climb at CSS with 30-40 riders left in the pack. He didn't win the race by hill ability, he survived the hills and won this race (as the races before) by putting down incredible power on the lumpy parts. That said, I think Evenepoel needs to have good flat and an awesome RES engine to draw his stats best. He's already one of the best in surviving efforts once he's gone. However, he's not an elite puncheur (yet).


You're probably right. However, he did drop Skujins on a hill. I agree that flat and RES should be his primary attributes though. Smile
 
Tafiolmo
purepasd wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
purepasd wrote:
I don't believe those stats are good enough for Remco. He has been performing so consistently and in such style, going solo. On top he had a mechanical in San Sebastian. I'd say at least 76 hill as a start, and maybe even more RES.


I disagree. Evenepoel has not been consistent this season. Also he has shown that he is not that great going over hills. Remember he got dropped on the penultimate climb at CSS with 30-40 riders left in the pack. He didn't win the race by hill ability, he survived the hills and won this race (as the races before) by putting down incredible power on the lumpy parts. That said, I think Evenepoel needs to have good flat and an awesome RES engine to draw his stats best. He's already one of the best in surviving efforts once he's gone. However, he's not an elite puncheur (yet).


You're probably right. However, he did drop Skujins on a hill. I agree that flat and RES should be his primary attributes though. Smile


This is the problem with statting Remco as I agree with what Croatia said in his previous post BUT as you say he did drop Skujins who we have as 76 hill and is probably worth that.
i.imgur.com/4lzg5Db.png
 
Croatia14
purepasd wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
purepasd wrote:
I don't believe those stats are good enough for Remco. He has been performing so consistently and in such style, going solo. On top he had a mechanical in San Sebastian. I'd say at least 76 hill as a start, and maybe even more RES.


I disagree. Evenepoel has not been consistent this season. Also he has shown that he is not that great going over hills. Remember he got dropped on the penultimate climb at CSS with 30-40 riders left in the pack. He didn't win the race by hill ability, he survived the hills and won this race (as the races before) by putting down incredible power on the lumpy parts. That said, I think Evenepoel needs to have good flat and an awesome RES engine to draw his stats best. He's already one of the best in surviving efforts once he's gone. However, he's not an elite puncheur (yet).


You're probably right. However, he did drop Skujins on a hill. I agree that flat and RES should be his primary attributes though. Smile

Skujins struggled to hold the wheel on the flat however, so I'd guess it was more of a general energy level thing, as he wasn't necessarily weaker on the climb, but just completely out of gas.
 
Ollfardh
I'd rate him (currently, but give him pot 8 (not a joke) and one lower for each stat at the beginning of the season.

Mtn 74
Hill 76
Cob 68
Fla 78
Spr 66
Acc 72
TT 74
Pro 73
Sta 75
Res 78
Rec 67
Dhi 72
Fig 79
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.
 
cio93
His sprint should definitely be closer to 60 than to 70, he was pretty much mocked for his sprint in the juniors and there hasn't been any evidence yet this season that he's anywhere close to a high 60s sprinter.

Also, with his FL and RES, PCM sprint AI would put him higher up in anything not pan flat than what even just 66 sprint suggests.
 
Deynomolon
Croatia14 wrote:
purepasd wrote:
I don't believe those stats are good enough for Remco. He has been performing so consistently and in such style, going solo. On top he had a mechanical in San Sebastian. I'd say at least 76 hill as a start, and maybe even more RES.


I disagree. Evenepoel has not been consistent this season. Also he has shown that he is not that great going over hills. Remember he got dropped on the penultimate climb at CSS with 30-40 riders left in the pack.


He was dropped in that penultimate climb because of mechanical issues. Jeez the guy could already maintain over 7 watt/kg for a couple minutes last year.. and he only weighs 61kg, even though he still has some 'baby fat' like most young riders do. If that doesn't qualify you as one hell of a talented climber, then I don't know what does. He also describes himself as a climber first and time trailer second (that also meshes with his morphology) but admits he still has to discover his own limits and see what type of cyclist he develops into.
Edited by Deynomolon on 05-08-2019 17:01
 
Peter88
Peter88 wrote:
Perfect if the DB will be out soon! An estimate in days of what does it mean to you? (I ask because I want to start a project soon and if it happens very soon I can wait a day or two, not much more). Thank you in advance for your response and congratulations for your huge work.
 
Croatia14
Peter88 wrote:
Perfect if the DB will be out soon! An estimate in days of what does it mean to you? (I ask because I want to start a project soon and if it happens very soon I can wait a day or two, not much more). Thank you in advance for your response and congratulations for your huge work.


We unfortunately can never give exact dates on when we release something. The stats will come out pretty soon we hope, whether it'll come with a bugfix is not 100% sure. We are working on this.
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 15-11-2019 04:46
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
AiZaK
Perfect Croatia14, when you finish the update + bugfix I will start a new career. Thanks a lot guys!!!
 
MartijnVDD
Peter88 wrote:
Perfect if the DB will be out soon! An estimate in days of what does it mean to you? (I ask because I want to start a project soon and if it happens very soon I can wait a day or two, not much more). Thank you in advance for your response and congratulations for your huge work.

I'm curious. What's the project you're talking about?
 
jpgm97
Is the update coming soon? I know you have a small team, wish I could help, but the only thing I can do is change stats on fast editor or lachis, or give stats suggestions after watching races.
 
Tafiolmo
Hopefully we can give everybody more info this week but the bugfixes and other stuff still need to be done, the problem is that there has been a delay for the the team members that are the ones doing this.

Thanks JPgm97 but the stats are all up to date but thanks for the offer.
i.imgur.com/4lzg5Db.png
 
AiZaK
Ok Tafiolmo no problem, its better wait but play later without bugs
 
dns
Tafiolmo wrote:
Hopefully we can give everybody more info this week but the bugfixes and other stuff still need to be done, the problem is that there has been a delay for the the team members that are the ones doing this.

Thanks JPgm97 but the stats are all up to date but thanks for the offer.


Do you have more info about the Update?
 
jpgm97
Can anyone tell me if RES has any effect on TT or PR?
 
Arberg
Froome 81
Bernal 81
Pinot 81
Thomas 80
Bardet 80
Carapaz 80
Nibali 80
Dumoulin 80
Kruijswijk 80
Buchmann 79
Landa 79
Quintana 79
Roglic 79
Fuglsang 79
Uran 79
Porte 79
Poels 78
Valverde 78
Martin 78
Gaadu 78
Barguil 78
De Plus 77
Alaphilippe 77
Edited by Arberg on 04-09-2019 19:01
 
Tafiolmo
DNS: We have had some technical issues unfortunately and will keep everybody updated when we know more. The good news is that the stats are now fully updated for WT riders including the Binckbank Tour.

JPG: Res has little impact on TT and Pro in my experience. I guess the best and obvious way to test is for two riders with same TT and race condition with different RES to see what the impact is. Not sure about TTT with RES but that does take flat into account whereas TT and Pro don't.

Arberg: Wow your stats are practically the same as ours but we are still using though a top of 82 because we still believe that Froome is the best. The only way now to judge Froome will be on his next big race.
i.imgur.com/4lzg5Db.png
 
Arberg
If Froome wins a Grand Tour next year, it will be the most eclectic proof that he has anything but pure flour in the bag. After such a crash, it will be completely unheard of to see him win a Grand Tour of that age. If he wins a Grand Tour next year - whichever it should be - he will be the third oldest Grand Tour winner ever, and only the third in history to win a Grand Tour after turning 35. The two others? Firmin Lambot almost 100 years ago and Chris Horner's ridiculous 2013 Vuelta. More recently, Cadel Evans has also won the Tour at the age of 34 and 160 days, while Tony Rominger won the Giro at the age of 34 and 69 days. For Evans, it was a really weak field where the Schleck brothers both ended up on the podium and Contador had already run the Giro for full blowout. For Rominger, it was in the mid-90s. In other words, he was perfectly luminous, as was the rest of the field. If Froome wins the Giro, Tour or Vuelta next year, then the rest of the cycling sport may as well just lie flat, because then it would mean that Team INEOS has the perfect carte blanche to do exactly what suits them. Froome won't win next year.

I have a hard time seeing him win the Tour after such a lap. He loses a lot of muscle by lying still for months and he is already quite old. Beloki, for example, was never the same after similar injuries. But I hope he returns. Really annoying way to end the top career.
 
AiZaK
Amazing season for Tim Merlier, which stats in sprints he deserve???
 
AiZaK
No news about bugfix and update its coming??
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Vuelta al Tachira Discussion [Cont-Man-Game] General 56 14-11-2019 21:00
Tour of Qatar Discussion [Man-Game] General 111 14-11-2019 11:47
Badaling International Discussion [Man-Game] General 52 14-11-2019 11:08
Tour Down Under Discussion [Cont-Man-Game] General 137 11-11-2019 14:50
RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB: Support/FAQ PCM 18: PCM.daily Projects 261 09-11-2019 08:02
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Kvist is up to something
Kvist is up to something
PCM09: Funny Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet Vien 19,234 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 11,301 PCM$
bullet baseba... 10,404 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 10,392 PCM$
bullet Yellow... 9,076 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 11,956 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 11,355 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 10,093 PCM$
bullet Vien 10,000 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 0.15 seconds