· Total Members: 135,707
· Newest Member: johnlennon01
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
PCM Velogames Championship 2018
jandal7
I thought I did really well in the Women's Tour game, but still about halfway in the league. I beat TMM in a women's cycling event by just picking riders I knew, and I'm proud of that, even if he was almost last Pfft
30/12/14 - matt17br said "Sutty's birthday is more important than [Jesus' Birthday]"
23/11/18 - Kaustubh Bhalerao said "@Trek Bmc r u being srs or u are just natruallly dumb"

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | The Life And Times | [PCT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing p/b Octagon
[CX] Listerijns & BoK
The Carbon Throne

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png

df_Trek
Got 2nd in Women's tour, my best race so far where I have poor knowledge...seems like I don't have to think too much when I choose the team...Pfft

ianrussell
Congratulations to Timo and DiLego (huge bonus points there too!). It's going to be close at the top, everything riding on the Tour? Very realistic!
PCMDaily Velogames Has Been 2016 & 2017

TimoCycling
Thank you Kalach! I’m sorry to beat you by only 3 little points... happy with my second ever Velogames PCM daily win though, i think its my second since last year’s Classics.

Did not even like my Tour du Suisse team a lot, van Garderen was a bit of a mistake but he also saved me in the time trial haha.

Edit: I also won Paris Nice this year, good year so far! But I need a good performance at the Tour haha. Hope to get some luck!

ringo182
I've allocated the points and I'll update the table ASAP.

It was a poor couple of races for Ian. He still has a decent lead but his rivals have gathered into a nice little bunch within striking distance. The Tour de France/King of the Mountains combo will be decisive to this years final standings.
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016

ringo182
I've allocated the points and I'll update the table ASAP.

It was a poor couple of races for Ian. He still has a decent lead but his rivals have gathered into a nice little bunch within striking distance. The Tour de France/King of the Mountains combo will be decisive to this years final standings.

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-01-2019 09:43
Bot Agent

IP: None  
FreitasPCM
Nothing great but gome some nice points in the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse. Really flopped in the Women's Tour but I hope I can have a better chance to redeem myself in random picks for the Giro Femminille. Pfft

Congrats to Timo and DiLego, the latter whom I want to ask if he got lucky picks or he does indeed know about women's cycling. Smile

clamel
df_Trek wrote:
Got 2nd in Women's tour, my best race so far where I have poor knowledge...seems like I don't have to think too much when I choose the team...Pfft

Might be the way to go mate.
Last years women race I even asked why we had it in the tournament. Knew very little indeed, then ending up winning the first Women Race.

This year I put in lots of thought and ideas in many races. Result so poor I am almost ashame.
Not even close to top placings in any races so far after a very good last year.

Congrats to all the winners in the last few races .Grin
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

df_Trek
clamel wrote:

This year I put in lots of thought and ideas in many races. Result so poor I am almost ashame.
Not even close to top placings in any races so far after a very good last year.

Really, I'm collecting best results when I'm not sure about the team, if I'm very satisfied of the picking before the race I'm always disappointing..

ringo182
Leader board updated.

TimoCycling
I’m coming for you Ian!!!

TimoCycling
Okay.

I have started to prepare my Velogames team. My brain has already melted five times.

Sagan or no sagan?? One or two sprinters?
Which one from movistar????
Porte froome dumoulin? Porte and froome worth the price??
Uran??? Nibali how will he do? Bardet...?

I hate this lol

Kalach
TimoCycling wrote:
Okay.

I have started to prepare my Velogames team. My brain has already melted five times.

Sagan or no sagan?? One or two sprinters?
Which one from movistar????
Porte froome dumoulin? Porte and froome worth the price??
Uran??? Nibali how will he do? Bardet...?

I hate this lol

Well lot of luck is needed here I would say...This will be really difficult to set up the right team.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

* 1st Tour de Romandie ('18)
* 2nd Tour de Suisse ('18)
* 3rd Autumn Classics ('18)
* 9th Spring Classics ('18)

gargatouf
I think this might be the hardest game I've participated in. I genuinely don't know what to do and who to pick.

TimoCycling
Me too... i have no idea at all. Only think Froome and Potte are expensive atm but they are probably gonna score high..

FreitasPCM
Gonna wait until all the squads are confirmed. Also, let's not forget 14 points Yates and Pozzovivo and 6 points Carapaz scored loads in the Giro and you did not need Froome to win. Pfft Just have to be incredibly lucky and hope the underdogs overperform the favourites again.

ringo182
Provisional Team entered. Probably make some changes between now and the start. I look forward to finishing 26th as usual Smile

Ollfardh
Also going to wait, provisional startlists have been really bad this year and have cost me way too many points already.
Join the EPIC madness! https://pcmdaily.c...d_id=31670

Voted Best Forum Game 2014!

Frederiek Nolf, Dimitri De Fauw, Wouter Weylandt, Rob Goris, Kristof Goddaert, Igor Decraene, Antoine Demoitié, Daan Myngheer, Michael Goolaerts, Jimmy Duquennoy. The legendary Michele Scarponi. The list is getting too long..

ringo182
P.S Don't forget the KOM competition that usually starts at some point during the race. It isn't included on the schedule on the Velogames website so not sure if that means it won't be happening this year. Keep an eye out for it.

clamel
ringo182 wrote:
P.S Don't forget the KOM competition that usually starts at some point during the race. It isn't included on the schedule on the Velogames website so not sure if that means it won't be happening this year. Keep an eye out for it.

I missed that last year, but this year I am sooo far away (even out of 25) from any topplacings totaly it probably doesn't matter at all.

Think last year it popped up after Sagan was DSQ. That's when I lost interrest out of anger.

Thanks for reminding.
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

Jump to Forum: