PCM.daily banner
30-11-2022 00:46
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 39

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 153,742
· Newest Member: WilliamBriggs
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
News in July
LordBeerus
Selwink wrote:
Vaughters found a new sponsor

https://slipstream...nces-oath/

Seems like quite a rich sponsor, maybe they'll get more money?


Oath is owned by Verizion, so they are way bigger than Sky or anyone else beside state funded teams.

But at the end, no one is gonna trust Vaughters with much money I hope
 
Ian Butler
So now Landa is saying he wants to be a leader and ride for GT himself etc.

Funny thing is, next year in the Tour it's gonna be someone else in the Sky train, dropping Landa and all the rest like Landa did right now for Froome Pfft
 
YvesStevens
Ian Butler wrote:
So now Landa is saying he wants to be a leader and ride for GT himself etc.

Funny thing is, next year in the Tour it's gonna be someone else in the Sky train, dropping Landa and all the rest like Landa did right now for Froome Pfft


Just like the sky train can drop Porte right now?
 
Ian Butler
YvesStevens wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
So now Landa is saying he wants to be a leader and ride for GT himself etc.

Funny thing is, next year in the Tour it's gonna be someone else in the Sky train, dropping Landa and all the rest like Landa did right now for Froome Pfft


Just like the sky train can drop Porte right now?


Irony of fate. You can only challenge Froome if you're his lieutenant. But then you lead yourself and it doesn't work and Froome's next lieutenant is the one.

Did Porte challenge Froome? Nope.
Simple as that Smile
 
df_Trek
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window
 
ringo182
df_Trek wrote:
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window


Lots of people have had chances to lead Sky at grand tours and all have failed.
Chris Froome is the only Sky rider to finish on the podium of a grand tour since Uran at the Giro in 2013. And the only time Froome has failed to podium in that time is when he's crashed out.

There is a reason why no-one else really gets a chance at Sky. Even Landa has ridden in 10 grand tours in his career. He's finished 3rd once, 4th once and failed to get into the top 15 on any other occasion. He can't say he hasn't had chances to ride for GC at Sky or throughout his career.
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016
 
matt17br
I mean, I am also really skeptical of the FreeLanda bullshit, but let's not forget that Landa only really blew up in 2015 when he moved to Astana, ringo.

In that time frame he podiumed the Giro as a complete outsider, was a Aru domestique in a Vuelta where he impressed nonetheless, and the year later had to leave the Giro, before he won Maglia Azzurra this year and was 1 second short of the podium of the Tour.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png
 
http://v.ht/Matt17
df_Trek
ringo182 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window


Lots of people have had chances to lead Sky at grand tours and all have failed.
Chris Froome is the only Sky rider to finish on the podium of a grand tour since Uran at the Giro in 2013. And the only time Froome has failed to podium in that time is when he's crashed out.

There is a reason why no-one else really gets a chance at Sky. Even Landa has ridden in 10 grand tours in his career. He's finished 3rd once, 4th once and failed to get into the top 15 on any other occasion. He can't say he hasn't had chances to ride for GC at Sky or throughout his career.


Not so many people lead sky, just because the occasion is once a year...btw I agree to everything you say, and for now the best placement of an ex-Sky domestique is 5th in a GT...
I'm sure that Landa can get podium with Movistar somewhere, but if tha main problem is, what he could do in this tour, I don't think better than he got by beeing Froome domestique
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 30-11-2022 00:46
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
ringo182
Yeah, I know he has potential. In a different team he may well have challenged in races as overall leader.

My point is simply that he has been given a chance to lead at grand tours at Sky and has failed. There is no reason given, the records of Frrome and Landa, that Sky would allow anyone other than Froome to lead at their main target races.

Mikel Landa has won one stage race in his whole career, the Giro del Trentino in 2016 (at Sky). Why does anyone suddenly believe he is this amazing grand tour contender?
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016
 
YvesStevens
This entire ''fued'' between Landa and Sky has probably been sensationalised extremely by the media during the Tour as it generates more viewers for the race itself as well. Landa himself continuously stated that he would ride for the team and wasn't trying to go for his own chances. And he proved this by dropping back for Froome or working at the front for Froome. If Landa would have been the better rider than Froome this Tour than obviously Sky would have given Landa the opportunity to win, however Landa wasn't better than Froome during the Tour and therefor he had to remain a domestique.
 
Aquarius97
ringo182 wrote:
Yeah, I know he has potential. In a different team he may well have challenged in races as overall leader.

My point is simply that he has been given a chance to lead at grand tours at Sky and has failed. There is no reason given, the records of Frrome and Landa, that Sky would allow anyone other than Froome to lead at their main target races.

Mikel Landa has won one stage race in his whole career, the Giro del Trentino in 2016 (at Sky). Why does anyone suddenly believe he is this amazing grand tour contender?


Let's see how many stage races have won the riders who finished between 2nd and 8th place in his career

Rigoberto Uran: 0
Romain Bardet: 1 (Tour de L'Ain 13)
Mikel Landa: 1 (Giro del Trentino 16)
Fabio Aru: 1 (Vuelta a España 15)
Daniel Martin: 3 (Volta a Cataluña 13, Tour de Pologne 10, Route du Sud 08)
Simon Yates: 0
Louis Meintjes: 1 (Settimana Coppi & Bartali 15)

You can see that neither of these riders have won lots of stage races, with Dan Martin being the only one that have won more than 1, and being his last win 4 years ago
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix


pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png
 
ringo182
Fair point Smile
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016
 
Strydz
LordBeerus wrote:
Selwink wrote:
Vaughters found a new sponsor

https://slipstream...nces-oath/

Seems like quite a rich sponsor, maybe they'll get more money?


Oath is owned by Verizion, so they are way bigger than Sky or anyone else beside state funded teams.

But at the end, no one is gonna trust Vaughters with much money I hope


"Slipstream announces Oath as exclusive digital media partner for 2018 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team"

Doesn't sound like they will be the title sponsor so I wonder how much money they will be putting into the team, I wouldn't be expecting a big budget bump.
Hells 500 Crew and 6 x Everester
Don Rd Launching Place
Melbourne Hill Rd Warrandyte
Colby Drive Belgrave South
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald
https://www.everes...l-of-fame/
 
Kalach
https://www.cyclin...s-weekend/

Seems like he is considering option not to ride in 2018.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
_____________________________________________
PCM Velogames Championship - Top Results

* 1st Tour de Romandie ('19, '18)
* 1st Tour de Pologne ('20, '19)
* 2nd Tour of California ('19)
* 2nd Tour de Suisse ('18)
* 3rd Tour de France ('21)
* 3rd Giro d’Italia ('22)
* 3rd Autumn Classics ('19, '18)
* 9th Spring Classics ('18)
 
baseballlover312
Dan Martin rode the rest of the TDF with two fractured vertebrae after the Richie Porte crash. The injury isn't too serious, but it's still really impressive that he not only rode on, but kept attacking after an injury like that.

https://www.cyclin...ce-top-10/
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Kirchen_75
baseballlover312 wrote:
Dan Martin rode the rest of the TDF with two fractured vertebrae after the Richie Porte crash. The injury isn't too serious, but it's still really impressive that he not only rode on, but kept attacking after an injury like that.

https://www.cyclin...ce-top-10/


That is absolutely insane he rode that well with this injury. Chapeau
 
Ian Butler
baseballlover312 wrote:
Dan Martin rode the rest of the TDF with two fractured vertebrae after the Richie Porte crash. The injury isn't too serious, but it's still really impressive that he not only rode on, but kept attacking after an injury like that.

https://www.cyclin...ce-top-10/


Wow. Dan Martin, the crazy Irish!
 
sammyt93
df_Trek wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window


Lots of people have had chances to lead Sky at grand tours and all have failed.
Chris Froome is the only Sky rider to finish on the podium of a grand tour since Uran at the Giro in 2013. And the only time Froome has failed to podium in that time is when he's crashed out.

There is a reason why no-one else really gets a chance at Sky. Even Landa has ridden in 10 grand tours in his career. He's finished 3rd once, 4th once and failed to get into the top 15 on any other occasion. He can't say he hasn't had chances to ride for GC at Sky or throughout his career.


Not so many people lead sky, just because the occasion is once a year...btw I agree to everything you say, and for now the best placement of an ex-Sky domestique is 5th in a GT...
I'm sure that Landa can get podium with Movistar somewhere, but if tha main problem is, what he could do in this tour, I don't think better than he got by beeing Froome domestique


Wait, what about Uran? He just finished 2nd in Le Tour and had 2 2nd place finishes in the Giro, first with Sky then the following year with Quickstep.
 
df_Trek
sammyt93 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window


Lots of people have had chances to lead Sky at grand tours and all have failed.
Chris Froome is the only Sky rider to finish on the podium of a grand tour since Uran at the Giro in 2013. And the only time Froome has failed to podium in that time is when he's crashed out.

There is a reason why no-one else really gets a chance at Sky. Even Landa has ridden in 10 grand tours in his career. He's finished 3rd once, 4th once and failed to get into the top 15 on any other occasion. He can't say he hasn't had chances to ride for GC at Sky or throughout his career.


Not so many people lead sky, just because the occasion is once a year...btw I agree to everything you say, and for now the best placement of an ex-Sky domestique is 5th in a GT...
I'm sure that Landa can get podium with Movistar somewhere, but if tha main problem is, what he could do in this tour, I don't think better than he got by beeing Froome domestique


Wait, what about Uran? He just finished 2nd in Le Tour and had 2 2nd place finishes in the Giro, first with Sky then the following year with Quickstep.


Uran wasn't a domestique in Sky
 
Spilak23
df_Trek wrote:
sammyt93 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
df_Trek wrote:
Landa got also two occasions to be leader at Sky, a privilege of none in that team, and fate or not, he thrown them from the window


Lots of people have had chances to lead Sky at grand tours and all have failed.
Chris Froome is the only Sky rider to finish on the podium of a grand tour since Uran at the Giro in 2013. And the only time Froome has failed to podium in that time is when he's crashed out.

There is a reason why no-one else really gets a chance at Sky. Even Landa has ridden in 10 grand tours in his career. He's finished 3rd once, 4th once and failed to get into the top 15 on any other occasion. He can't say he hasn't had chances to ride for GC at Sky or throughout his career.


Not so many people lead sky, just because the occasion is once a year...btw I agree to everything you say, and for now the best placement of an ex-Sky domestique is 5th in a GT...
I'm sure that Landa can get podium with Movistar somewhere, but if tha main problem is, what he could do in this tour, I don't think better than he got by beeing Froome domestique


Wait, what about Uran? He just finished 2nd in Le Tour and had 2 2nd place finishes in the Giro, first with Sky then the following year with Quickstep.


Uran wasn't a domestique in Sky


Yes he was. Him and Henao had to wait for Wiggins in the rain in il Giro.

Incredible scenes that was.

Uran also lost loads of time there but gained it back on the next MTF when the others let him go.
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
News in 2022 Cycling 70 17-11-2022 23:59
General Football News Football 677 13-04-2022 11:31
News in 2021 Cycling 396 16-01-2022 14:42
News in August Cycling 31 17-11-2021 12:14
News in December Cycling 20 23-12-2020 10:48
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
I'm happier than you!
I'm happier than you!
PCM06: Funny screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet fighti... 8,276 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 7,274 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 5,045 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 4,052 PCM$
bullet dominox 4,034 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet df_Trek 5,320 PCM$
bullet Ollfardh 5,200 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 4,500 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 4,100 PCM$
bullet dominox 4,035 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 3.62 seconds