PCM.daily banner
05-08-2020 08:55
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 32

· Members Online: 3
Milic, jph27, ivaneurope

· Total Members: 143,084
· Newest Member: alagodo
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2016 » PCM 16: General
 Print Thread
PCM 2016 Worth buying? Career changes positive?
giorgio4600
Lachi wrote:
I am happy with the game because I am playing in Pro Rider mode. I have not encountered a single problem after the SteamAutFailed.

Of course I hope they will fix the bugs but if the fitness planning of the domestiques and the start lists for modded DBs are the only problems, then PCM2016 has way less problems than previous versions.


Sorry, Pro cycling mod is a good mode. I play it sometimes, but I think that much better version is a gameplay which is on consoles...it´s much more fun than this one.

The main mode in PCM was/is/will be the Career mode where you could manage your team. But if you cannot play this main mode due this objective problem, there is something wrong.

I know that previous version has a lot of problems, but this game is really junk. A lot of users who had a problem with SteamAuthFailed, problems with some stages,...etc. The best season was 2013, it works very well for me. I still like the great DVD cover.

Does somebody have some direct contact to Cyanide? I´m considering to send them a official complaint, because I purchase a game which doesn´t work properly and for me it´s unplayable. I want a patch which repairs the game to some funcional status...
 
Lachi
giorgio4600 wrote:
Lachi wrote:
I am happy with the game because I am playing in Pro Rider mode. I have not encountered a single problem after the SteamAutFailed.

Of course I hope they will fix the bugs but if the fitness planning of the domestiques and the start lists for modded DBs are the only problems, then PCM2016 has way less problems than previous versions.


.... But if you cannot play this main mode due this objective problem, there is something wrong....

This is not true.
You can play the career mode. At the moment, you cannot enjoy it if you want to change the season planning. But as far as I read it is playable as it is.

But to really enjoy the career, you have to wait for more stages and stage variants anyway. And normally the game is patched before an error free expansion pack is released.

So you can either play the modes which are enjoyable or you can post negative comments in the forum which does not help anybody.
 
Avin Wargunnson
Well, i dont agree it wont help anybody, i think that it can help many people who did not buy the game to avoid buying broken product, as this game is not worth 30+ euros in its current state. And that is the question of original poster, if it is worth it.

You are one of the most helpful people in history of this forum, but lying about flaws of the game or ignoring it is not helping anybody, unlike our objective info about currents state.

Game has one!!! game mode which is playable now, without using yours or other editors.
I'll be back
 
giorgio4600
Lachi wrote:
giorgio4600 wrote:
Lachi wrote:
I am happy with the game because I am playing in Pro Rider mode. I have not encountered a single problem after the SteamAutFailed.

Of course I hope they will fix the bugs but if the fitness planning of the domestiques and the start lists for modded DBs are the only problems, then PCM2016 has way less problems than previous versions.


.... But if you cannot play this main mode due this objective problem, there is something wrong....

This is not true.
You can play the career mode. At the moment, you cannot enjoy it if you want to change the season planning. But as far as I read it is playable as it is.

But to really enjoy the career, you have to wait for more stages and stage variants anyway. And normally the game is patched before an error free expansion pack is released.

So you can either play the modes which are enjoyable or you can post negative comments in the forum which does not help anybody.


Come on Lachi, I know that you´re good guy. You help me a lot with some things which I need. But to be honest, if you say that career is playable, but you cannot enjoy it at the moment. It´s same that I will sell you the car without driving wheel. Yes, you can enjoy it, you can ride with it, but only straight forward, so you need to wait for a driving wheel Smile

I like the PCM game a lot. I want only one thing. That Cyanide studio made a complete unbuged game in the future. I know that game developing isn´t easy...but come on, the game price is 30 Euros. That´s price similar to some A project which is complete during the release. I hope that this negative comments will lead to better PCMs in the future. That´s all I need.

Anyway who is your favourite for this year TDF? :-)
 
chessdk81
Thank you for the answers in this thread.

(the rest of this post is just bitching I should probably send to Cyanide and not post hereWink )

I must say I am quite tired of:
1) All the indisputable bugs there have been in the PCM versions year by year
2) All the "bad decisions" or errors regarding gameplay development.

Of course you can always discuss 2), and a few bugs can easily be tolerated. But for me the complete picture is that I feel almost "used" as a road race and strategy game fan. There are no competing games to chose, and of course you would love the new game each year with new stages, riders etc. and hopefully some improvement in gameplay, graphics or whatever. However each time I get disappointed, feeling like I am buying an unfinished product.

For this reason, and reading the comments here, I will not buy the game this year, but continue playing an earlier version.

Cyanide, If you can not complete a new version of the game in one year, release it every second year, but do it right. (I know this will not happen due to income, but I still want to say it Smile ). If you don´t see the errors, it seems that there are more than enough "experts" in here you can ask for advice in the developing phase Wink )

Happy gaming y´all Cool

Best regards Mikael
 
Lachi
To all the haters against the game and me:
After all your nagging about the fitness planning I had to try it myself and found the problem faster than it took you to rage about it.

The problem only occurs after you looked at the helpers (click on their name to open the pop-up).
Reason: As soon as you open this pop-up, the fitness planning will be calculated based on the objectives of the leader the helper is linked to.
Problem: The game does not consider changes to the objectives or the helpers.
Workaround: Only change the objectives and helpers once per year AND close the career after you have changed the objectives and the helpers. OR Never open the pop-up of the helpers.
How to fix it: I am not sure if the fitness planning really is needed in PCM2016, so if you have this problem you could try and delete the planning from the helpers. Another solution would be to copy the planning from the leader to the helpers. Both can be done using an editor.

The fitness planning is stored in DYN_cyclist_planning in the column ilist_peaks. To delete the fitness planning, you have to delete the whole row.

In other words: The problem can be avoided or fixed easily. So much about the game being unplayable.
 
Lamba
Lachi wrote:
In other words: The problem can be avoided or fixed easily. So much about the game being unplayable.

As I've read and spoken with some people who play PCM, the main issue is that you can't pick the captains yourself.

I haven't tried it though, so can't say if there's a way around that.
 
Lachi
Lamba wrote:
Lachi wrote:
In other words: The problem can be avoided or fixed easily. So much about the game being unplayable.

As I've read and spoken with some people who play PCM, the main issue is that you can't pick the captains yourself.

I haven't tried it though, so can't say if there's a way around that.

So you say it is OK to declare a game unplayable if you personally don't like one of the new features?
 
Lamba
Lachi wrote:
Lamba wrote:
Lachi wrote:
In other words: The problem can be avoided or fixed easily. So much about the game being unplayable.

As I've read and spoken with some people who play PCM, the main issue is that you can't pick the captains yourself.

I haven't tried it though, so can't say if there's a way around that.

So you say it is OK to declare a game unplayable if you personally don't like one of the new features?

No it's playable alright, it's just terrible.

I don't care much for career anyways, so it's no difference for me, just clarifying for you what people has been saying. The helper thing is a minor side effect, the main issue is that you can't schedule and plan properly, primarily because you can't choose your captains.
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 05-08-2020 08:55
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
Lachi
Unplayable is a state, terrible is an opinion.
I didn't discuss any opinions but I discussed a wrong statement.
 
sierramike
Ok,need to hope for a patch for career then. Real modding abilty (someday) could lift this game up.

I wine too (elwhere),so here's the things I (mostly) like about pcm 16:
-Selecting riders by direct clicking on them was buggy for years,gone now with new interface.
-Some things of the new interface like the protect indicator,fitness showing during race,bigger reliefscreen on racescreen.bigger resultlist of 20 rider (top right) some i don't care for,maybe 2 I don't like ,like too tiny bottles.
-RDC ,more information is definitely a big plus,now seeing what it does is more then I expected from Cyanide.
-Sometimes beeing able to be leader & command other riders in team as pro cyclist.
-breakaway relay system more information,ai bit better about it,not much,but I did say more information etc ..
- Not drifting to the right side of the peleton anymore,less riders who drop that bump you places back.
- Even some changes that aren't better then the ones before ,are good because it gives a different game,don't want to keep playing the same thing.
- And still there:the good mechanic of slow long endurance(green),high effort(yellow) & peek (red) to get thrill of a race.
Edited by sierramike on 22-06-2016 23:59
 
Avin Wargunnson
Lachi wrote:
Unplayable is a state, terrible is an opinion.
I didn't discuss any opinions but I discussed a wrong statement.

Playable with workarounds, we dont pay 30 euros to be forced to find and use workarounds.

It is like buying a boat with a hole in the middle. Yeah, you can throw water out with buckets or try to plug the hole, so the boat is in fact functional, but you would be really happy about having a boat like that, spending your money?

You help people so they can play the game with workarounds, that is great and i applaud you for your big soul, but can you stop acting like the game is good release, while it is fraud on customers.

We are in the thread about if the game is worth it and if the CAREER changes are good. If you give impression here, that game is worth it and career changes are good, you are either blind, or paid by Cyanide. Smile
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 23-06-2016 07:25
I'll be back
 
giorgio4600
Lachi wrote:
To all the haters against the game and me:
After all your nagging about the fitness planning I had to try it myself and found the problem faster than it took you to rage about it.

The problem only occurs after you looked at the helpers (click on their name to open the pop-up).
Reason: As soon as you open this pop-up, the fitness planning will be calculated based on the objectives of the leader the helper is linked to.
Problem: The game does not consider changes to the objectives or the helpers.
Workaround: Only change the objectives and helpers once per year AND close the career after you have changed the objectives and the helpers. OR Never open the pop-up of the helpers.
How to fix it: I am not sure if the fitness planning really is needed in PCM2016, so if you have this problem you could try and delete the planning from the helpers. Another solution would be to copy the planning from the leader to the helpers. Both can be done using an editor.

The fitness planning is stored in DYN_cyclist_planning in the column ilist_peaks. To delete the fitness planning, you have to delete the whole row.

In other words: The problem can be avoided or fixed easily. So much about the game being unplayable.


Like always...Lachi is the hero Wink
Thank you for your help. You a really useful member of this comunity. Thanks a lot...I will try it today and I hope that I could play career mode now.
Banana
 
Lachi
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Lachi wrote:
Unplayable is a state, terrible is an opinion.
I didn't discuss any opinions but I discussed a wrong statement.

Playable with workarounds, we dont pay 30 euros to be forced to find and use workarounds.

It is like buying a boat with a hole in the middle. Yeah, you can throw water out with buckets or try to plug the hole, so the boat is in fact functional, but you would be really happy about having a boat like that, spending your money?

You help people so they can play the game with workarounds, that is great and i applaud you for your big soul, but can you stop acting like the game is good release, while it is fraud on customers.

We are in the thread about if the game is worth it and if the CAREER changes are good. If you give impression here, that game is worth it and career changes are good, you are either blind, or paid by Cyanide. Smile

All I said is: This game is playable but you need an editor and the expansion pack to enjoy it.
About the boat with a hole: It depends on the size of the whole, don't you agree. I would be sailing happily if I only have to throw out the water at the start of each trip. In fact, every boat has a bilge pump installed to remove random water. So to answer your question, yes I would buy a boat with some tiny holes because the database editor is our bilge pump.
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
[Youtube] Trek - Segafredo Career (WorldDB) PCM 20: Stories 15 27-07-2020 11:00
Add races in career? PCM 15: Technical issues 12 03-06-2020 16:51
Same variants in every career mode PCM 19: Technical issues 5 01-06-2020 15:01
[MOD] Strategy Pack (Career Mode) Pro Cycling Manager 2006 12 20-05-2020 00:18
whats a good team for career mode PCM 19: General 3 24-04-2020 11:40
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Climbing stats
Climbing stats
PCM12: General Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
bullet Milano - Torino: Winner
bullet Tour de Pologne: GC Winner

Best gamblers:
bullet dominox 3,016 PCM$
bullet baseba... 3,008 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 2,900 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 2,726 PCM$
bullet Yellow... 2,680 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 15,756 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 15,255 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 13,893 PCM$
bullet dominox 12,245 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 0.12 seconds