· Total Members: 140,108
· Newest Member: LordLoxley
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2014 » PCM 14: Technical issues
 Print Thread
Game crashes on 24th October while moving to 25th
regasas
Hi, I'm in season 2036 and had some crashes during or leading stages but they could be skipped with simulation. However, this time I can't go forward as game just crashes while moving to October 25 (new squad).

Does anyone have any ideas what could help me?

PS. For some years I have problem with sponsor as I had contract length -9. Each season it changed but for several last seasons it was 0 but I could still press Accept contract renewal as message on 31st August. Could this be an issue for my crashes as new budget is assigned on 25th October?

Thanks in advance!

Ad Bot
Posted on 13-12-2019 22:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Lachi
If the game cannot assign a sponsor to your team, then yes this could be the problem. What you can do is go back in time by copying a weeklysave to the save game folder and then fix the sponsor.

regasas
Thanks. What date should I came back to change sponsor? Should it be before 31st August or I can try doing it even on 24th October?

regasas
Unfortunately it didn't work with moving back and fixing the sponsor. I even went a a year back and still crashed on 24 October next year. Any other suggestions?

Lachi wrote:
If the game cannot assign a sponsor to your team, then yes this could be the problem. What you can do is go back in time by copying a weeklysave to the save game folder and then fix the sponsor.

Ripley
What did you do exactly to fix the sponsor? Maybe there's some information in this thread which helps?

https://pcmdaily.c...d_id=38788

Of course, something else might be causing the crash. If you upload the last savegame just before the crash maybe somebody here can figure it out.

regasas
well I did 2 things:
1. I updated sponsor end of ''activity'' until 2099 and contract with my team for 2 further years. Didn't help.
2. I took a weekly save from year before December, updated and of activity and end of contract with my team until next season (the one which caused the crash). I received a lot of offers from other sponsors, signed with one (didn't extend with current sponsor) of them but game still crashed on 24th October.

I saw in your suggested post that something has to be done with sponsor under team also which I didn't do, so i might try it in the evening.

PS. I had a Russian sponsor. Maybe EU sanctions are working in the game Smile

Ripley wrote:
What did you do exactly to fix the sponsor? Maybe there's some information in this thread which helps?

Of course, something else might be causing the crash. If you upload the last savegame just before the crash maybe somebody here can figure it out.

regasas
I made additional tries but nothing worked. I attack my savegame rar'ed so i would appreciate if someone takes a look. Thanks!

regasas wrote:
well I did 2 things:
1. I updated sponsor end of ''activity'' until 2099 and contract with my team for 2 further years. Didn't help.
2. I took a weekly save from year before December, updated and of activity and end of contract with my team until next season (the one which caused the crash). I received a lot of offers from other sponsors, signed with one (didn't extend with current sponsor) of them but game still crashed on 24th October.

I saw in your suggested post that something has to be done with sponsor under team also which I didn't do, so i might try it in the evening.

PS. I had a Russian sponsor. Maybe EU sanctions are working in the game Smile

Ripley wrote:

regasas attached the following file:
career_5.rar [4.27MB / 197 Downloads]

Ripley
Well, I can confirm it crashes. Nothing really jumped out at me in the editor, I'm afraid, though I'm anything but an expert. Maybe somebody else can figure it out.

regasas
Can you suggest how to contact anyone capable of helping? I'm quite new here, so should I just wait until anyone responds?

PS. Thanks for your try!!!

Ripley wrote:
Well, I can confirm it crashes. Nothing really jumped out at me in the editor, I'm afraid, though I'm anything but an expert. Maybe somebody else can figure it out.

Lachi
If nobody answers, you can bump the thread once in a while.
But I am not sure if anybody can help in this case, especially because the problem existed for many seasons. I think it would have been better to fix it then.

One way of fixing is to check how it should look like by opening a good save.

trekbmc
I've read in a few places that the game stops working if you go too far into the future, I remember when au read through an old story (project 2021 or something) that eventually they got to far and the game started crashing in some year around then (in the 2030's).

"What done is, is one." - Benji Naesen

8igualdos0s
Not the best solution, but you could skip that problematic day changing the date in game_config table to the next day, 25th october. You could play another year, but without generating new young cyclist I guess. Or new transfers.
Edited by 8igualdos0s on 15-10-2015 21:38

Jump to Forum: