· Total Members: 140,110
· Newest Member: sigott
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2014 » PCM 14: General
 Print Thread
Game Chrashes
Tafiolmo
Over the last few days I've had this problem.

1) Played Milan-San Remo (stylus version) and when race was over and watching the highlights of how the race was won, I then clicked the 'go to podium' and the game crashed.

2) Played stage 1 of the Criterium International (pcm game version) and exactly the same thing happened again.

3) Played stage 2 of the Criterium International a time trial, but even before the highlights of the stage the game crashed again.

Each stage though is saved so it's not a problem for the results or GC, but for some reason crashes before I can go to podium option etc.

Not sure what the problem is or if there is a quick fix, as it's only happened in the last few days.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 07-01-2015 21:17

Ad Bot
Posted on 14-12-2019 15:18
Bot Agent

IP: None  
the_hoyle
Turn down your graphics settings. Your computer may not have enough to play the stage, and then the podiums.

I used to have the same issue
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png
.: Manager of :.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png GCN ProTeam [MG] pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

Tafiolmo
the_hoyle wrote:
Turn down your graphics settings. Your computer may not have enough to play the stage, and then the podiums.

I used to have the same issue

I'll try this when I play again.

But the problem has only just started and before this no problem. Maybe without thinking I've had other internet pages open and this might effect it.

matt17br
Do you have the 1.3.1.0 patch installed? Sorry if I already asked it to you twice or thrice Embarassed
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Tafiolmo
matt17br wrote:
Do you have the 1.3.1.0 patch installed? Sorry if I already asked it to you twice or thrice Embarassed

I'm sure I have when I downloaded the post-vuelta DB, I also downloaded some patches.

Is there any way to tell if I have downloaded the patch to make sure?

the_hoyle
Open your game and it will tell you which patch you are playing with on the home screen Smile

I'm on my phone right now so can't say exactly where it is but I can look when home
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png
.: Manager of :.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png GCN ProTeam [MG] pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

matt17br
It is in the bottom right corner of the start screen of the game Wink
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Tafiolmo
Have been away for a few days but now have done some testing on the problem.

Firstly I have the correct patch, changing the graphics resolution didn't work and still crashed, also clearing off cookies on my pc didn't work (I had a problem with this once before eating memory) but it didn't work. I even played a race with the official db and still crashed when I clicked podium.

So now when I finish a race, I go straight to the results page and bypass the podiums.

The big problem is, I've no idea why it's now doing this as uptil about 10 days ago it was fine and I could go to the podium after each race and have been playing the game like this for months now, so something has happened in the last 10 days

Ripley
It's a minor problem surely. Generally, for many years the game has been and still is crash happy, be glad if it doesn't keep on crashing within 3D mode, 10 or 20 km from the finish line, most annoying. And who wants to see the podiums the whole time anyway, I'll happily go directly to the results screen 99% of the time.

Ok, that wasn't exactly helpful. If the problem only occured a few days ago it's surely something to do with your PC, maybe you updated the gfx card drivers or maybe another game messed with DirectX or something like that... very difficult to help you with. Uninstall and reinstall the whole game is the only thing I can think of, apart from reinstalling Windows entirely, which surely would be too much bother for this problem.

Tafiolmo
Ripley wrote:
It's a minor problem surely. Generally, for many years the game has been and still is crash happy, be glad if it doesn't keep on crashing within 3D mode, 10 or 20 km from the finish line, most annoying. And who wants to see the podiums the whole time anyway, I'll happily go directly to the results screen 99% of the time.

Ok, that wasn't exactly helpful. If the problem only occured a few days ago it's surely something to do with your PC, maybe you updated the gfx card drivers or maybe another game messed with DirectX or something like that... very difficult to help you with. Uninstall and reinstall the whole game is the only thing I can think of, apart from reinstalling Windows entirely, which surely would be too much bother for this problem.

Well I agree with the podium thing as being a waste of time, as it's not like the riders really look like their real life counterparts on the podium and I normally get fed up by the time they get to best young rider anyway.

Anyway I've now learnt to deal with no podiums as I couldn't be bothered to re-install the game etc but something new has now happened......

When I finish a race, besides being able to go to results, I forgot to check before the race replay option and found that I can go there at watch the replay, when I fast forward to end of the replay and press the quit button it took me to the podiums!!!
So it seems I can get the podiums through the replay option and not directly after the race,
Edited by Tafiolmo on 15-01-2015 14:29

Jump to Forum: