PCM.daily banner
14-05-2021 15:08
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 30

· Members Online: 3
nemesis3, Guave, df_Trek

· Total Members: 146,856
· Newest Member: nemesis3
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2013 » PCM 13: General
 Print Thread
Where the hell is the next update?
Livestrong1989
Hello,

where is Update 1.0.4.0 ???

You can´t play an career.

We end consumers pay for the stupidity and laziness of Cyanide after Update 1.0.3.0

10 weeks after the release of the game you cannot still start a career !!!
 
krisa
Easy they will do there best
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/jerseydesigner.pngi.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png
i.imgur.com/psfC63E.png
 
Jesleyh
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 14-05-2021 15:08
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
fabio10
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.
 
Selwink
fabio10 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.


The reason why it's launched in July is because of the TDF. There are always some new 'fans' there, who perhaps want to play a game. You don't see such animo for the Giro or Vuelta
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens
 
Timer99
fabio10 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.


They launch the game in June/July because of one simple reason: The Tour de France which is held in July. Well, of course, we have to live with the smaller and bigger bugs that come with the game, but I guess this is quite normal when you play a game from a small company with a small group of players. So, I think we shouldn´t bash Cyanide all the time, this doesn´t make anything better.
 
Jesleyh
Exactly. It's just very smart to launch it around TdF, more people are into cycling around that time, so more buyers.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
fabio10
Selwink wrote:
fabio10 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.


The reason why it's launched in July is because of the TDF. There are always some new 'fans' there, who perhaps want to play a game. You don't see such animo for the Giro or Vuelta


Fans of cycling and PCM won't care about TDF and i'm pretty sure at this time, they won't gain that much people buying the game just because of the TDF "animo".
 
fabio10
Jesleyh wrote:
Exactly. It's just very smart to launch it around TdF, more people are into cycling around that time, so more buyers.


I completely disagree, that's my opinion.
 
Jesleyh
fabio10 wrote:
Selwink wrote:
fabio10 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.


The reason why it's launched in July is because of the TDF. There are always some new 'fans' there, who perhaps want to play a game. You don't see such animo for the Giro or Vuelta


Fans of cycling and PCM won't care about TDF and i'm pretty sure at this time, they won't gain that much people buying the game just because of the TDF "animo".

You'd be surprised. A lot of people only are 'cycling crazy' in July.
Actually, I'm one of the persons too who originally bought PCM because I was intensively following the TdF(not this year though). (Allright, I was a bit into cycling, but not that much by then)
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
fabio10
Jesleyh wrote:
fabio10 wrote:
Selwink wrote:
fabio10 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Yes, we know, live with it, everyone is complaining about it, but it won't change anything. Cyanide employees had their holiday I believe.


Question is...why the hell they launch a game on July, when the cycling season starts in January? Just not to say when they go on holidays. They always make BIG mistakes in the final release and in the patches, they can't even correct the big bugs and this happens ALWAYS. We can say Cyanide makes its best, yes, i don't doubt it, i wouldn't make it better, but they're not professional.


The reason why it's launched in July is because of the TDF. There are always some new 'fans' there, who perhaps want to play a game. You don't see such animo for the Giro or Vuelta


Fans of cycling and PCM won't care about TDF and i'm pretty sure at this time, they won't gain that much people buying the game just because of the TDF "animo".

You'd be surprised. A lot of people only are 'cycling crazy' in July.
Actually, I'm one of the persons too who originally bought PCM because I was intensively following the TdF(not this year though). (Allright, I was a bit into cycling, but not that much by then)


And that's a reason for not launching the game on February/March per example? They can make a good pub and advertising with TDF organisation at that time, so they can still get the "boom" you say. There's no reason for that. We're not living in the 10th century, we're in the 21st century.
 
Jesleyh
Well, people tend more to buy a new game, and also, not a lot people will buy it if you launch it in January, even some cycling fans aren't really interested in buying a new cycling game then, since there is no cycling at that moment.
Well, you know what, it seems I'm not going to convince you, so why bother Pfft


i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
Livestrong1989
when they come from his fucking vacations ?

Pro Tour Teams don´t start in the Continental Tour between March-September

How i can fix this big bug by myself?
Edited by Livestrong1989 on 31-08-2013 13:48
 
Jesleyh
Livestrong1989 wrote:
when they come from his fucking vacations ?

Pro Tour Teams don´t start in the Continental Tour between March-September

How i can fix this big bug by myself?

Yes, that bug is reported a lot of times.
It's not possible to fix it yourself, well, you have to edit Dyn_team_race for every race between March - September, which takes hours.
What you can do is download patch 1.2.0.0 before you start a season. Then upgrade to patch 1.3.0.0 when the season started.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
Livestrong1989
Jesleyh wrote:
Livestrong1989 wrote:
when they come from his fucking vacations ?

Pro Tour Teams don´t start in the Continental Tour between March-September

How i can fix this big bug by myself?

Yes, that bug is reported a lot of times.
It's not possible to fix it yourself, well, you have to edit Dyn_team_race for every race between March - September, which takes hours.
What you can do is download patch 1.2.0.0 before you start a season. Then upgrade to patch 1.3.0.0 when the season started.



an what then ? will be the fixes of Update 1.0.3.0 also included then ?

And what will happened with season 2014 ?
 
Jesleyh
I think they will, after you updated the patch. Not 100% sure, it's on your own risk.

At 31 December 2013, do it again, and install patch 1.0.3.0 at 1 January 2014.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy


PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.
 
fabio10
Jesleyh wrote:

Well, you know what, it seems I'm not going to convince you, so why bother Pfft



No, that's for sure.
 
Livestrong1989
If the next update 1.0.4.0 will be released soon then you have to start a new career?
 
MartijnVDD
It won't be released soon. Their vacation has only just ended.
 
fenian_1234
The business model is pretty simple.

1. Release a half finished, not properly tested game in time to cash in on the Tour de France.

2. Release a couple of half-arsed, rushed patches before you go off on holiday.

3.Come back from holiday and say that'll you now be concentrating on getting the next version right (as it's too much work to fix the unfinished game - especially now you've got people's money).

4. Release some screens come the new year, talk about how much better this year's version is going to be and all the improvements you've implemented. (The fan sites won't bother asking you if they'll work or not, because you won't talk to them if they do).

5. Released a half finished, not properly tested game in time to cash in on the Tour knowing that due to the passing of time a good proportion of the people who bought the last game will have forgotten/be willing to forgive. Replace the others with new fans caught up in the excitement of the Tour.

Time to go off and spend the rest of the day being positive and thinking happy thoughts now. :lol:
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
[PCT'20] Adastra N Hell Energy Cycling [Man-Game] Teams HQ 69 11-05-2021 07:09
PCM.daily Expansion Pack: Update 1.5 PCM 20: PCM.daily Projects 1 24-09-2020 14:54
PCM.daily Expansion Pack: Update 1 PCM 20: PCM.daily Projects 11 05-09-2020 13:52
2020 Organisation Update [Man-Game] The Rules and Announcements 54 31-08-2020 18:14
[CT'19] Adastra - Hell Energy Cycling [Man-Game] Teams HQ 34 31-08-2020 16:55
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Another lake
Another lake
PCM09: Official Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet roturn 2,151 PCM$
bullet fintas 2,020 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 1,949 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 1,800 PCM$
bullet Abhish... 1,800 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet df_Trek 1,600 PCM$
bullet valverde321 1,600 PCM$
bullet AbhishekLFC 1,600 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 1,600 PCM$
bullet baseball... 1,500 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 1.53 seconds