· Members Online: 4
Croatia14, LLDS, Fabianski, cunego59

· Total Members: 146,831
· Newest Member: smueqas
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Tour de Pologne 2013 (July 27 - August 3)
Ian Butler
Actually, come to think of it, what's happened with cycling? Pfft

In the old days, there was constant battle, you saw guys in the attack for hours. Favorites getting in the morning breakaway and gaining time.

Now they create this "Race Appeal" thing to encourage leaders to attack Pfft

SSJ2Luigi
Ian Butler wrote:

Sky Pfft

Montolivo
Nice race with a great startlist.
Edited by Montolivo on 23-07-2013 15:31

sutty68
Lets hope for a good an exciting race from Poland Smile

fickman
kumazan wrote:
And great preview, just like those you did for the Tour. Thanks for your effort. Smile

+1

Ad Bot
Posted on 12-05-2021 18:42
Bot Agent

IP: None  
doddy13
Ian Butler wrote:

In the old days, there was constant battle, you saw guys in the attack for hours. Favorites getting in the morning breakaway and gaining time.

It's been like this for a few years now. We're just not in the era of massive attacks.
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"

Malkael
Well I finally managed to note down the entire startlist, though some of those Polish names sure were a beauty to try and write. I also love the fact that Adam Stachowiak happens to also be the name of a Polish football goalkeeper.

Team Colombia - Coldeportes coming with a strong team, by their standards, for all that climbing.

http://www.theroar.com.au/author/matthew-boulden/
CountArach
Malkael wrote:
Well I finally managed to note down the entire startlist, though some of those Polish names sure were a beauty to try and write. I also love the fact that Adam Stachowiak happens to also be the name of a Polish football goalkeeper.

Team Colombia - Coldeportes coming with a strong team, by their standards, for all that climbing.

Once again thanks for your work Wink

But yeah hopefully Atapuma can do something, I've been a bit disappointed by his performances this year.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Stromeon
Rebellin Cool

Interested to see how he does against top-level opposition, he's been having a fairly good season in the PCT this year.
i.imgur.com/55sT7og.png Coldeportes i.imgur.com/55sT7og.png

Vamos Nairo! #SueƱoAmarillo

Kimmage
Ian Butler wrote:

What happened is probably EPO. I would think the emergence of EPO allows a single team control the race for several days on end. The result of this is teams like Banesto, US Postal and Sky controlling the race. I don't believe this was possible pre-EPO, at least not to the same extent.

kyanto
Wonder what's gonna happen if two rider are 20 seconds apart after the first 2 stages and the realize they can gain 30 seconds just for being aggressive? MADNESS!!! Really hope this makes cycling more attractive

Montolivo
Stromeon wrote:
Rebellin Cool

Interested to see how he does against top-level opposition, he's been having a fairly good season in the PCT this year.

Had a very good season. Winning in nearly every races he's taken part in at the age of 41. That's very impressive. TDP is another race and class though, but will be interesting to see what he can do.

We need to nominate you for Pcm.Daily Awards for all the hard work you put in the previews, really enjoy it.
baseballlover312, 06-03-14 : "Nuke Moscow...Don't worry Russia, we've got plenty of love to go around your cities"
Sarah Palin, 08-03-14 (CPAC, on Russian aggression) : "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke"

i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r657/547984/truth-vi.png

Big thanks to jdog for making this AMAZING userbar!

IncredibleIan
There are no longer massive attacks because far less riders are doping and can sustain such a high aerobic activity for long periods of time without EPO.

ruben
Well the TDF this year was better than anything I've seen the last few years. The trend the last 6/7 years in mt stages was no attack until 3km to go.. or sometimes even 1km to go.

Now they went almost very mt top finish at the foot of the climb..

kyanto
ruben wrote:
Well the TDF this year was better than anything I've seen the last few years. The trend the last 6/7 years in mt stages was no attack until 3km to go.. or sometimes even 1km to go.

Now they went almost very mt top finish at the foot of the climb..

Very, very true! And even the flat or hilly stages were more interesting! Or maybe my opinion's just skewed because of Saxo's awesome TTT like attack on FroomeSmile

But definitely enjoyed this tour so I'm hopeful for an exciting cycling future!!

BritPCMFan
Kimmage wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

What happened is probably EPO. I would think the emergence of EPO allows a single team control the race for several days on end. The result of this is teams like Banesto, US Postal and Sky controlling the race. I don't believe this was possible pre-EPO, at least not to the same extent.

Actually, its the opposite. Kind of.

When all riders are at a similar level, then guys who are slightly better can't break away from them all day (unless the peleton plays games which i won't when a favourite is up the road.) In order to attack near the start and stay away all day you need to be leagues ahead of the field.

So what caused this racing isn't any one drug. It because either:-

a) the peleton is nearly all clean
b) the majority of the peleton are taking the same stuff at the same levels

Plus it being professional helps, as more money means the guys that are not winning still get good money so have more free time to train, and also get high level training that previously wouldn't have been accessible to the average "pro" in the past.

valverde321
Usually one of my favourite races of the year. Its interesting because the last few years, a young talent has shown himself here in the ProTour as a rider to watch over the coming years, so hopefully the same can happen again.

Amazing preview again too!

FreitasPCM
I'd say time for Anacona to explode, but the guy is returning from injury. Hope he can get back on track quickly enough. Smile Pity Kwiat is missing, he would have won this perhaps. Pfft

Rzrassman
SSJ2Luigi wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

Sky Pfft

Spot On.:lol:
i.imgur.com/MJ3MbhC.jpg

Jump to Forum: