· Guests Online: 29

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 140,418
· Newest Member: IsaacMcMillan
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
TdF'13 Stage 15 - Givors to Mont Ventoux (July 14)
Dizzle
Chons07 wrote:
Has any current cyclist yet questioned Froome's cleanliness? If not, what's stopping them? It should be just as clear to them.

Lawsuits
i.imgur.com/L2fCE.png

jonathangeek
I need to find a book named: How-to-survive-the-years-of-Froomes-dominance

Riis123
markene2 wrote:
Riis123 wrote:
No reason to be rude, he rode a good stage. He wasnt much better (Ten Dam had probably dropped him if not for the pulling with 5-15 sec), but its till way above expectations for Fuglsang. Come on man

Not really, he has ridden the Mount Ventoux before in 09 in the Dauphine. Finished 5th, so he knows the climb. And the Danish people keep underestimating him. He is currently in top 7. And he has been a top 10 candidate for a GT. He is just a underated rider.

I dont think the danish people underestimate him, rather the opposite (talking about the media). But i think every dane is a bit surprised at his showing, you cant say with a straight face that you expected Birdsong to ride THIS good

ianrussell
Totally missed the stage, seen the results and read the first bit of insight here https://www.faceb...3522034028

Ad Bot
Posted on 17-02-2020 07:49
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ian Butler
By the way, best moment of the day: Sagan's wheely Grin

ruben
Actually Fuglsang 09 was very good. I remember the Dauphine where he was very close to Gesink uphill (and we all know 09 was Gesinks best year uphill).

He had a few difficult years but now seems to be back in his best shape. Ax3 was a bad day. Like you have good and bad days in the Tour. Except Froome.

gotlandrules
Ian Butler wrote:

I hope the best is still to come, Froome stumbling on something on his way to the bus/car and has to abandon.

Stairs
David Walsh to TV2, telling how there are no doctors or anything - in contrast to Armstrong - putting Froome in connection with doping. "I've been through everything," Walsh said.

A shame watching Walsh putting his own integrity and reputation at stake like that.
Never.

markene2
Riis123 wrote:
I dont think the danish people underestimate him, rather the opposite (talking about the media). But i think every dane is a bit surprised at his showing, you cant say with a straight face that you expected Birdsong to ride THIS good

Oh yes i did, i have 200€ on him for a top 10 placment in the GC.

ruben
https://nos.nl/vid...tappe.html

Ten Dam basically saying he was good and Mollema said he could only follow. Rodriguez, Kreuziger and Fuglsang didn't contribute much (logically, it was headwind, they didn't want to) and therefore could jump away

Rzrassman
Miguel98 wrote:
Oh, and Armstrong probably fell off his chair while seeing this.

LOL.Might even have fallen of this bike seeing Froome-bot accelerate past some of the best climbers.His moves past Contador,didn't even got out of his saddle.
i.imgur.com/MJ3MbhC.jpg

Spilak23

schleckfreak
Spilak23 wrote:

Gotta love this guy Grin

TimoCycling
Rzrassman wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:
Oh, and Armstrong probably fell off his chair while seeing this.

LOL.Might even have fallen of this bike seeing Froome-bot accelerate past some of the best climbers.His moves past Contador,didn't even got out of his saddle.

LOL I was thinking wtf how is that possible without even coming out of his saddle lol. Insane and unbelievable but he is not caught thus farPfft.

triskin
must say i never expected 19 yr old Danny v Poppel to finish before Cunego, Van Garderen, Hesjedal and Taaramäe on Mont Ventoux

Smile

SSJ2Luigi
Ian Butler wrote:

come on the stage wasn't that boring Pfft

@triskin

WHAT THE HELL, are you serious!

ruben
CN forum crashed again

Froome.exe virus

Nin1388
Purito Rodriguez good finish. Got 20-30s in last kilometer.
He should have done Giro and Veulta this year could have got podium. TdF with long climbs in very difficult especially team like Sky killing off with high pace. Veulta will be very good for him, just 1 TT (and 1 TTT).

Now TdF is surely over.
Positive thing from today is riders can match Froome. Like Quintana maybe next year, if he can improve TT ability, and give Movistar little brain. And even I bet, Nibali, we will have to wait till next year though.

Jacdk
Nin1388 wrote:
He should have done Giro and Veulta this year could have got podium. TdF with long climbs in very difficult especially team like Sky killing off with high pace. Veulta will be very good for him, just 1 TT (and 1 TTT).

Now TdF is surely over.
Positive thing from today is riders can match Froome. Like Quintana maybe next year, if he can improve TT ability, and give Movistar little brain. And even I bet, Nibali, we will have to wait till next year though.

Your joking right? Quintana had nothing to come with, and he only hanged on because Froome didn't attack.

Nin1388
Jacdk wrote:
Nin1388 wrote:

Now TdF is surely over.

Your joking right? Quintana had nothing to come with, and he only hanged on because Froome didn't attack.

Quintana attacked like 12-13kms out and Froome attacked from 6-7kms. Quintana was better I guess. While Froome was sitting behind Porte and Kennaugh, Quintana was riding alone up ahead with occasional help from Nieve,

Jump to Forum: