· Total Members: 141,809
· Newest Member: bobadilla96
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM Stories & Story Games » PCM 13: Stories
 Print Thread
The Usual help needed with my story!
Tafiolmo
I'm thinking of starting my own story on here and am now planning things out and I've read the guide etc. Just want to find out how most people take their game photos and then upload them onto the site along with their other material.

I've checked the search engine, but sometimes it doesn't work for me, so not sure if there is already a thread about this?
Edited by Tafiolmo on 02-07-2013 22:37

TheManxMissile
Ctrl + T takes the screenshot. It saves it to Documents > Pro Cycling Manager 2013 > Users > "username" > Screenshots.
You can also press Ctrl + U to remove most of the HUD, and Ctrl + ~ to remove any remaining circles and HUD bits.

Then you want to convert your images from .png to .jpg. While this will decrease the quality of the screen (and even then only by a small amount) it will drastically reduce the page load times once on the site. This is one of my big recommendations for every and any story.
There are a few different pieces of software that will do this. I use PictureConverter. It's free and bulk changes images in seconds. simply google Picture Converter to find it. It's free and safe, trust me.

Once your screens are converted you will need to upload them online. I use, and most people use, Photo Bucket. Again it's free and safe. You can upload multiple files really quickly. There are other such as Image Shack and Tiny Pic, but i would recommend Photo Bucket.

To post the image to the forum simply copy the direct link and paste it here. Then add [img] "image link" [/img] like so.

This has been asked before somewhere, but i don't mind answering it, or any other story writing questions.

And if anyone Zabled me, i don't care Smile
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Tafiolmo
Well thanks for the detailed response and should look to start my story next week sometime, once I've familiarized myself more with PCM 13 (still waiting for it to arrive) I've done all the planning as in a detailed race calendar over 10 months and allocated all the teams to their races etc in detail. Different points system and some of my own ideas for the season as well which I will manage and keep up to date, also shifting the race calendar about to be even better focused and re-introducing the world cup competition for some of the classics. I'm not doing a career like most people, but just a detailed season where I aim to control a different team for each race. Largely because I have no interest in managing a team, developing riders, training riders and doing transfers etc. I'm just more into the racing and its tactics, and hope at some stage to design some of my own stages.

I've done this type of thing before and am used to keeping journals on other sites, but this is the first time I've done this with cycling.

Ad Bot
Posted on 26-05-2020 22:04
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Snuble
Click "Pro Cycling Manager 07 on the left side of this website.
Click "Articles"
Read Crommy's guide to storywriting - part 1, 2 and 3.

Pfft
They have this great beer here in England, I really love it. Its called Pint.

--Frank Strandli, Norwegian x-football player --

Tafiolmo
TheManxMissile wrote:
Ctrl + T takes the screenshot. It saves it to Documents > Pro Cycling Manager 2013 > Users > "username" > Screenshots.
You can also press Ctrl + U to remove most of the HUD, and Ctrl + ~ to remove any remaining circles and HUD bits.

Then you want to convert your images from .png to .jpg. While this will decrease the quality of the screen (and even then only by a small amount) it will drastically reduce the page load times once on the site. This is one of my big recommendations for every and any story.
There are a few different pieces of software that will do this. I use PictureConverter. It's free and bulk changes images in seconds. simply google Picture Converter to find it. It's free and safe, trust me.

Once your screens are converted you will need to upload them online. I use, and most people use, Photo Bucket. Again it's free and safe. You can upload multiple files really quickly. There are other such as Image Shack and Tiny Pic, but i would recommend Photo Bucket.

To post the image to the forum simply copy the direct link and paste it here. Then add [img] "image link" [/img] like so.

This has been asked before somewhere, but i don't mind answering it, or any other story writing questions.

And if anyone Zabled me, i don't care Smile

I'm preparing my story at the moment and have followed all the steps and now have the photos in Jpg and on photo bucket. But when I copy the link to this site and then wrap [img][/img] around it, I just get text and not the actual image. I'm guessing there is a minor error somewhere.

Selwink
Did you use the direct link?
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

Tafiolmo
Selwink wrote:
Did you use the direct link?

I've done it now, I just found the direct linkSmile

Tafiolmo
Also do I add stage profiles in the same way through photo-bucket and then copy with the direct link?

Also on the actual story presentation. I want to use boxes which I can do in word but they don't copy to this site. A number of these stories have these boxes in which text is put in to highlight the race name, stage winners etc, here is an example. https://www.pcmdai...ost_721577
Edited by Tafiolmo on 30-06-2013 12:46

Selwink
If you pick profiles from the web, you just right-click the image and copy the image link and place it between [img][/img].

If from PCM, you just take a screen with CTRL+T and convert it to jpg. You can also cut the edges off if you want. Uploading is just the same then

edit: About your last question:

Download source  Code
[quote]Your text[/quote]

Edited by Selwink on 30-06-2013 12:52
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

Tafiolmo
Selwink wrote:
If you pick profiles from the web, you just right-click the image and copy the image link and place it between [img][/img].

If from PCM, you just take a screen with CTRL+T and convert it to jpg. You can also cut the edges off if you want. Uploading is just the same then

Download source  Code
[quote]Your text[/quote]

Ok all is clear now and thanks for all the help.

Selwink
You welcome, good luck with your story, will try to followWink
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

Ancient Aliens

Tafiolmo
A few quick questions now that I'm doing my story. I know the CODE tag displays everything in a box, but how do I eliminate the word CODE from that box?

Also in the CODE box, is it possible to put text in bold? Also can the letters be increased in size, as I don't see an option for this below?
Edited by Tafiolmo on 01-07-2013 12:33

Selwink
Selwink wrote:

Download source  Code
[code][quote]Your text[/quote]

[/code]

You delete the [code] and /.code]
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

Ancient Aliens

Tafiolmo
Selwink wrote:
Selwink wrote:

Download source  Code
[code][quote]Your text[/quote]

[/code]

You delete the [code] and /.code]

Got that and it works thanks.

Tafiolmo
Why is it that my in game images of the race (in my story thread) look darker than most other peoples? Is it because I have the settings on my game too dark, or the quality decreases when converting to jpg or I'm doing something else wrong? On my computer and in game they look great, so I don't understand the problem.

How do I align the numbers in my results section, so they are like everybody else's and on top of one another and looking neat?

I saw an option to include country flags next to the riders, is this easy to include?
Edited by Tafiolmo on 02-07-2013 22:42

admirschleck
Yes, it's because your game settings. Disable contrast thing (put it on "Normal" or "Standard" ) and disable motion blur/depth of field.
Edited by admirschleck on 02-07-2013 22:45
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Tafiolmo
admirschleck wrote:
Yes, it's because your game settings. Disable contrast thing (put it on "Normal" or "Standard"Wink and disable motion blur/depth of field.

Ok I'll try this tomorrow, thanks BatmanWink
Edited by Tafiolmo on 02-07-2013 22:53

admirschleck
When i got new nickname here? I was asshole at first, then "WIP" guy , guy with bad attitude, how i managed to get "Batman" ? Pfft
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Tafiolmo
admirschleck wrote:
When i got new nickname here? I was asshole at first, then "WIP" guy , guy with bad attitude, how i managed to get "Batman" ? Pfft

I was going to use a Balkan nickname, but then I thought that could be touchy not knowing which country you are from and so played it safe with Batman.

Selwink
About the flag thing, you can see in the option menu if you post the Danish flag, what you do is click that and pick the flag you like. It will come at the place you clicked before. What do you mean with aligning numbers? To post results in the right order, this is advised:
Download source  Code
[table=100%]Top 10/20 from results in the exported results (can be found in C:\Users\Username\Pro Cycling Manager 2013\Users\Username\Export\Exported results[/table][spoiler][table=100%]Rest of results[/table][/spoiler]

Is this what you mean?
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

Ancient Aliens

Jump to Forum: