PCM.daily banner
08-12-2022 19:47
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 46

· Members Online: 1
CrueTrue

· Total Members: 153,887
· Newest Member: onyxhostingde
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games
SportingNonsense
Ive now seen the Kramer incident, and Im not sure how you can feel sorry for him. He must have done that race so many times, and made a very basic error - his coach may have told him to do the wrong thing, but he should have known better

Its not like he was just late in changing lanes, he was supposed to go to the outside lane, but instead went to the inside - but he had just been on the inside. Makes it look like an even worse mistake his part, and afterall he did take an advantage from it - not 6 seconds sure, but enough to be DQed
Edited by SportingNonsense on 24-02-2010 13:02
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg
 
doddy13
Wilier wrote:
Damn it. It wasn't Kramer's fault. His coach told him to go to the inner lane, while he was supposed to go to the outer lane.


If his coach said "Jump off a cliff" would he do it? Same thing. Kramer is to blame as much as his coach.
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"
 
mrlol
doddy13 wrote:
Wilier wrote:
Damn it. It wasn't Kramer's fault. His coach told him to go to the inner lane, while he was supposed to go to the outer lane.


If his coach said "Jump off a cliff" would he do it? Same thing. Kramer is to blame as much as his coach.


Disagreed.

Theoratically yes. But imangine yourself in that postition. Your focus is 100% on skating as fast as you can, and then even faster. Everything your coach tells you is like God tells you. He knows whats right and whats not, you dont think. You skate.


Besides. Changing lanes to a speed skater is like breathing to anyone. A coach shouldnt tell him about it.
 
www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
doddy13
mrlol wrote:
doddy13 wrote:
Wilier wrote:
Damn it. It wasn't Kramer's fault. His coach told him to go to the inner lane, while he was supposed to go to the outer lane.


If his coach said "Jump off a cliff" would he do it? Same thing. Kramer is to blame as much as his coach.


Disagreed.

Theoratically yes. But imangine yourself in that postition. Your focus is 100% on skating as fast as you can, and then even faster. Everything your coach tells you is like God tells you. He knows whats right and whats not, you dont think. You skate.


Besides. Changing lanes to a speed skater is like breathing to anyone. A coach shouldnt tell him about it.


Although i have no idea what the heck i'm talking about (Neutral at these games mostly!), i'm just trying to say don't put full blame on the coach, seems a bit unfair doing that.

But i do also see, and understand your point of view (especially since you know about 50x more about speed skating than I ever will!)
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"
 
jaccan
Sweden won Gold. Yes so sweet
 
Roman
And Czech Rep has Bronze!
Manager of Moser - Sygic
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 08-12-2022 19:47
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
beagle
Roman wrote:
And Czech Rep has Bronze!


+ 2nd gold for Martina!! Banana
 
beagle
let´s battle of titans begin (Canada - Rossia)!!
 
valverde321
this is really bad for us hockey lovers because i wanted to see this match as the gold medal game but instead it just gets you closer to the medal round and whoever loses is out.
 
beagle
valverde321 wrote:
this is really bad for us hockey lovers because i wanted to see this match as the gold medal game but instead it just gets you closer to the medal round and whoever loses is out.


I think you can be happy after 1st period Smile
 
valverde321
hopefully
 
dakey11
aussies on fire with two gold
 
Wilier
doddy13 wrote:
mrlol wrote:
doddy13 wrote:
Wilier wrote:
Damn it. It wasn't Kramer's fault. His coach told him to go to the inner lane, while he was supposed to go to the outer lane.


If his coach said "Jump off a cliff" would he do it? Same thing. Kramer is to blame as much as his coach.


Disagreed.

Theoratically yes. But imangine yourself in that postition. Your focus is 100% on skating as fast as you can, and then even faster. Everything your coach tells you is like God tells you. He knows whats right and whats not, you dont think. You skate.


Besides. Changing lanes to a speed skater is like breathing to anyone. A coach shouldnt tell him about it.


Although i have no idea what the heck i'm talking about (Neutral at these games mostly!), i'm just trying to say don't put full blame on the coach, seems a bit unfair doing that.

But i do also see, and understand your point of view (especially since you know about 50x more about speed skating than I ever will!)


I happen to be a speed skater myself Pfft

And I know that when my coach would yell at me to change lanes, I would do it. There's no time to think what your're going to do, you're just focused on going as fast as you can.

Gerard Kemkers (Kramer's coach) himself admitted he made the mistake and takes the blame.

Also Kramer said in an interview that he doesn't want another coach as Kemkers helped Kramer to become one of the best speed skaters ever.

And congrats to Sablikova for another gold medal. Great ride by her.
 
valverde321
And Canada defeats Russia in mens hockey. I'm just surprised by how much Canada won by. But now we play the US again and this time hopefully we can beat them. I do think we have a better chance because the only reason we lost to the US in the RR was because of our goalie Brodeur but luongo is definately the better goalie right now so things are looking good. I can't get too confident though.
 
beagle
valverde321 wrote:
And Canada defeats Russia in mens hockey. I'm just surprised by how much Canada won by. But now we play the US again and this time hopefully we can beat them. I do think we have a better chance because the only reason we lost to the US in the RR was because of our goalie Brodeur but luongo is definately the better goalie right now so things are looking good. I can't get too confident though.


you´re going to play against Slovakia Wink
 
mrlol
About the Kramer incident; you guys should know how Kempers got made fun of the past two days here. In todays newspaper, two full pages with cartoons about it Pfft

Most have Dutch text with it, but here's a few which dont;

www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b04148e3_unglaubliich.jpg

www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/1e4218e0_Untitled_2.jpg

www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/71d81811_facepalmti.jpeg

www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/7aeac2b0_GetAttachment.aspx.jpg



Personal favourite; lay out like it's a driving test theoratical exam.
"You want to take the inner lane here. Is that allowed?"
"Yes / No"

www.rtvdrenthe.nl/SiteFiles/temp/fabe4bc15998a4893b863f5e43383c81-640x640.jpeg
Edited by mrlol on 25-02-2010 15:09
 
www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
Waghlon
Is it Sunday yet?
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY


pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png
 
http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Pazflor
Norway wins!!! Now Bjørgen has 3 gold medalsGrin
She's going to be the queen of the OlympicsGrin
And Størmer Steira got a Olympic medal, finnalyGrinGrinGrin
 
valverde321
beagle wrote:
valverde321 wrote:
And Canada defeats Russia in mens hockey. I'm just surprised by how much Canada won by. But now we play the US again and this time hopefully we can beat them. I do think we have a better chance because the only reason we lost to the US in the RR was because of our goalie Brodeur but luongo is definately the better goalie right now so things are looking good. I can't get too confident though.


you´re going to play against Slovakia Wink

well i did't know that but i assume that we will win against the slovaks (cross my fingers)
 
depappie
looking forward to Biathlon relay tonight, Austria have become favourites for the race today which imo is madness, Norway should win
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
I can't edit my saved games PCM 22: Technical Issues 8 07-12-2022 06:53
new cycling games Games 29 15-08-2022 22:00
[C2] Tour of Vancouver [Man-Game] Race Profiles 2022 1 19-07-2022 19:26
Stats for PCM 2010 Pro Cycling Manager 2010 11 28-06-2022 03:36
Such a shame they stopped making good games PCM 21: General 16 15-04-2022 12:26
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Fatal Error
Fatal Error
PCM09: Funny Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet fighti... 8,376 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 7,374 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 5,145 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 4,152 PCM$
bullet dominox 4,134 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet df_Trek 5,420 PCM$
bullet Ollfardh 5,400 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 4,600 PCM$
bullet dominox 4,135 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 4,100 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 0.46 seconds