· Newest Member: Hurnico
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Vuelta a Espana Discussion
Gustavovskiy
At last some drama.

Well deserved victory from Dombo, congrats wacko! He keeps initiating every attack and finally has managed to take his win. Schleck still cool with his team controling the race, but the american has surely ignited some interest for the overall victory. Madrazo also consolidating himself in the podium places, while Pluchkin is just mindblowingly weak here... what a shame.

Machado again turning the tide to take a good result and clawing back some time from Kritskiy and Abal. However with both of them being better TTists there is definitely pressure on us to chase that elusive top5.
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png Porto - Prio pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png

alexkr00
Too bad the breakaway couldn't make it to the finish line. Lammertink still very active despite having already bagged a stage win.

Brambilla seems to be performing worse after his puncture. Saving himself for the third week or the 12th stage? I can certainly dream, but I doubt that's the explanation.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

knockout
Pluchkin Shock
Would love to see him coming back towards pink as this race is supposed to be the season highlight for Nemiroff.

Vosekalns drops a bit from his strong GC position but since this is still a bit above expectations i will focus on MA Lopez' strong performance leading home group Vosekalns-Guldhammer instead of moaning about Vosekalns losing 1-2 minutes on most direct rivals. Pfft

A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.png

Aquarius97
A fun fact about Schleck win in S9. Andy has now the same number of MG wins as his brother Frank, both with 48 in their careers, and with the same "balance": 44 wins in PT races and 4 in Nationals/Continental/WC Cool
GRACIAS ALBERTO

PCM17 Story:i.imgur.com/WcUbe3d.pngCEPSA - ESTRELLA GALICIAi.imgur.com/WcUbe3d.png

Manager of [MG] Repsol - Honda

Manager of [ICL] Wilier Triestina

i68.tinypic.com/347wark.jpg
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png

ember
Dombro showing Schleck is beatable Shock Congratulations, wacko!

Guldhammer is starting to become very annoying with his riding style, just dropping several minutes in a couple of kilometers, like he's a 78 mountain rider. Galta with another decent stage, but obviously not more seeing riders like Arndt and Olivier gain more than a minute. But surprising to see him extend his lead in the youth classification. I'm starting to belive he can actually win it now Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-06-2018 17:06
Bot Agent

IP: None  
fjhoekie
Right.

Fuck this race, Pluchkin will get either a huge wagecut of the sack.

HELLO PCT! I HAVE MONEYS TO SPEND!

Time to continue getting increasingly drunk.
Manager of Nemiroff - ABBYY in the PCM.Daily Man-Game

media.giphy.com/media/gxjiNJ2XPA8py/giphy.gif

tsmoha
So far, so good, Jack Haig. 18th in the GC, fine enough. It's time to think about joining breakaways soon, though Wink

Lowe and Canty may add some further depth, but I guess they will need breakaways as well. Maybe Lowe to start first? Can't always rely on Gunman or Oram here.

roturn
Aquarius97 wrote:
A fun fact about Schleck win in S9. Andy has now the same number of MG wins as his brother Frank, both with 48 in their careers, and with the same "balance": 44 wins in PT races and 4 in Nationals/Continental/WC Cool

This is an awesome stat.

Seeing Andy is 32 and might have 1-2 seasons with wins still, he obviously is the greatest of all time. Pfft

Well next to Boonen/Bewley and maybe Trofimov this is.

fjhoekie
Yep, Ulanowski is worthless in this race too. Great.

Good thing Young is worth following this race though. Good sign he at least tried something to brighten my mood.
Manager of Nemiroff - ABBYY in the PCM.Daily Man-Game

media.giphy.com/media/gxjiNJ2XPA8py/giphy.gif

tastasol
First of all great to see the team actually working together to catch the breakaway on a sprint stage again. Very happy to see our former rider and fellow Norwegian with a great win here, surely the best of his career. Congrats to ember on that victory!

viking90
Congrats ember.

ItĀ“s kinda frustrating to see us work as much as we do when I know before the sprint that Stallaert is not as good as the other and the podium is very hard for him to reach. Well, atleast we had a great traing. But the plan was to have that in the Giro where we sent 2 leadout guys, here we did not sent any leadout guys...

How much energy have Abal wasted before the mounatins on the next stage?

roturn
Congrats to ember for this win. Much deserved one even though Spotify had the best leadout today.

Must say I was a bit surprised to not win seeing Groenewegen in the perfect position and actually expected to see him going around. Hence shows how fast Enger must have been in the end.

Though I`d prefer to see Groenewegen save his energy for the finish instead of the sprints in between. No chance to beat Schleck anyway and likely neither Madrazo/Dombrowski.

Regarding my sprint train, the missing support for Groenewegen became obvious today. Keizer-Koep-Olivier. Can`t remember a more ironic leadout. :lol:

And thanks for yet another great report and the nice extra sprint picture.

jt1109
Very attacking ride by the team to have Duchesne in the break all day and then Hughes going for the KOM points as well is perfect.

Houle with another 6th not the worst and iin the sprint his positioning is dreadful though seems to always be randomly placed no where near the top sprinters

SotD
Emerson Santos clearly the big revelation of this race for us. I guess it bodes well for the future when he get's +2 FL, SPR and ACC while Coquard is also being trained.

It is quite worrying to see Lecuisinier finishing this far down, and definately not usual stuff from him. He is almost always in the top 20-25 even in the flat stuff, so I suspect that he might be carrying a small injury with him, which also explains his poor performances.
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sotd-Userbar.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/mgbettingsotd.jpg

Gustavovskiy
Congrats, ember, finally your sprinter delivers in the big stage!

Spotify though what a crazy season so far in the sprints department. All this trouble with the sprint train when they don't have Ahlstrand is weird, especially given how things went in the Giro. Not to mention Abal who despite having a stellar position in the top10 is still riding hard in these stages. Bonkers.
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png Porto - Prio pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png

tsmoha
It's good somehow, to see the sprinter teams deliver. Even though it hurts a bit when reading the report and seeing O'Shea and Gunman trying to go for breakaways.

SportingNonsense
Aquarius97 wrote:

Good spot! Got to be worth a HQ post...

And nice to see the sprinters get another win on Stage 11, with Schleck the Sprinter picking up some more points. He did win a bunch sprint in his 2010 Vuelta victory!
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

ember
Brilliant! Grin

Thought Holst Enger had the perfect position early in the leadouts, behind Groenewegen, but when Spotify had the only leadout, Groenewegen looked difficult to beat, which I must admit made it even better when I saw he held on on the final hundred meters.

The win surely also made it well worth it to see Galta work at the front, eventhough I'd rather see Guldhammer there, as Galta actually has something to defend in the GC Pfft

And thank you, tastasol, viking90, roturn and Gustavovskiy for your congratulations.

cio93
Again no words for Arndt's performance in GTs.
Since the opening TTT loss, he's ridden this race faster than Velits (+4mo!!), Monsalve, Lecuisinier, Keizer etc...and now has a Top5 after his stage podium recently as well.

I thought his TdF was a fluke, but it obviously wasn't, and I struggle trying to figure out why.
Not gonna complain though, and fingers crossed I didn't jinx it. That crash could've been very costly.
www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg 17-03-2013 www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg

www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg 22-03-2015 www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg

SotD
For fucks sake! What is this crap by Lecuisinier underperforming every fucking stage!
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sotd-Userbar.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/mgbettingsotd.jpg

Jump to Forum: