· Total Members: 130,513
· Newest Member: jgarpuc
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Man-Game GT Watch 2017
knockout
I like the idea of bringing Coquard. He has a decent chance to take pink on stage two or three. I'm sure he can win a stage or two but having little support (?) in the sprints might hurt.

A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.png

SotD
knockout wrote:
I like the idea of bringing Coquard. He has a decent chance to take pink on stage two or three. I'm sure he can win a stage or two but having little support (?) in the sprints might hurt.

Yeah. That is always going to be the gamble. I'm not sure he will be a 3 star favorite though. If he is, he will have to make the most of an unmaxed Emerson Santos. It definately isn't a great situation, but we can't avoid Coquard being a 3 star favorite at all this season I guess.
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sotd-Userbar.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png
andreasjohnke.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/mgbettingsotd.jpg

tsmoha
Jayco - Cobra9 @Giro
Lachlan Morton
Benjamin Dyball
Brandon Canty
Luke Durbridge
Miles Olman
Glenn O'Shea
Richie Porte
Michael Hepburn

So yeah, we went for the all-TTT variant. The idea was clear: give Morton as much of an advantage as possible and give a sh*t about some bigger support in the mountains (except of Dyball, who is my minor hope to add a Top-50 in the GC). Looking at how T-A went, this tactic ain't looking too smart anymore Grin Morton will probably get dropped in the TTT and so we have even more pressure to at least win the stage. Probably should have brought maybe Trent Lowe instead of a TT horse, but okay. All I can hope for is a +5 daily form for Morton.

Speaking of our GC contender, well.. he had a horrible Vuelta last year (two early crashes) and a horrible T-A this season (three crashes). I can't accept another fail here. If he doesn't deliver, I guess we will be in serious danger to fight against relegation. Even more, since we only have this TTT and Morton as possible points scores at the Giro. Durbridge will likely fail in the prologue. Dyball as maybe someone to join breakaways later on, but he's obviously Morton's most important domestique.

I'm mentally prepared for a fail. But I would prefer following a succesful Jayco key race for once Smile

viking90
Spotify - Haglöfs line up in Italy.

David Abal
Thomas Lövkvist
Tobas Ludvigsson
Jonas Ahlstrand
Thomas Vedel Kvist
Asbj√łrn Kragh Andersen
Phan Age Haugard
Freddy Johansson

So we have a top 10 goal here that will be hard to achevie with Abals weakness on hills. But we sent a decent team for the TTT where we hope he can atleast reduce time losses to other top 10 contenders or maybe even take time on a few of them. Also hoping both Ludvigsson & Lövkvist can hang on decent in GC.
And of course we hope Ahlstrand can fight for some stage wins.

Morton here, one guy beating Abal so far. "Nice" to see that Lecuisinier is not riding here that means we should atleast beat Festina in the GC fight Pfft
Also no MVS is good, but did not think he would ride here anyway.
Edited by viking90 on 30-11-2017 15:57

Ad Bot
Posted on 17-12-2017 17:37
Bot Agent

IP: None  
cio93
pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/pum.png Team Puma - SAP pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/pum.png

Francesco Bongiorno (GC)
Gerald Ciolek (Sprints)

Patrick Bevin
Jetse Bol
Tim Declerq
Johannes Heider
Jasha S√ľtterlin
Dylan Van Baarle

After last year's successful race by Nerz who secured our Top 10 goal, we return to the Giro with the same goal but a different leader. Bongiorno came in 27th in 2016 after a lacklustre race in support of Nerz, but I am hopeful he can step up in his home GT when wearing our #1 bib.
Certainly a repeat of 10th place will be tough, but with minimal flat TTing and some difficult hilly stages, it's a tailormade route.

Ciolek won't find many stages to his liking here, but this was the only GT option for him with the Tour being reserved for Demare and the Vuelta having an interesting clash with Norway which we hope to exploit (and tough mountain stages right at the start).
We do not expect any result from him with quite some elevation changes in nearly all flat stages, so if he can contest a couple of sprints we're content. For this reason and the TTT, we haven't given him any designated domestiques, but it's not like they would've been of use anyway.

The rest of the team is designed to give us a good TTT, where hopefully Bongiorno as the tied 4th best TTer won't get dropped along the way. 80, 77, 76 and 3x68 should see us in a midfield position, and it's honestly the best lineup we can field without bringing more leaders here.
Maybe S√ľtterlin can do a good prologue and get into white for a few days. Heider and Bevin are okay-ish support for Bongiorno in the mountains, but again that is about the best we can offer.
www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg 17-03-2013 www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg

www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg 22-03-2015 www.rent-herbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/deutschland-flagge-klein.jpg

Gustavovskiy
Rafael Reis
Jacob Fiedler
Frederico Figueiredo
√ďscar Avelino
Nelson Oliveira
Bruno Silva
Ricardo Nascimento
Roy Goldstein

Porto - Prio is bringing a heterogeneous squad, which clearly screams "we're desperate for points". I'm not sure how we stack in comparison with the rest of the field, but like our fellow former PCT rivals, Spotify, we're hoping for a good TTT and perhaps a stint at the pink jersey with our sprinter.
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png Porto - Prio pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/prp.png

Jump to Forum: