· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,033
· Newest Member: jecobsmith
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Dekker leaves Rabobank
ruben
And now finally the truth why he didn't go to the Tour.
He had 'variable blood levels', although not suspecting like Gusev's, according to the UCI. However, Rabobank didn't want to take a risk after the Rasmussen fiasco and didn't take Dekker to the Tour. Dekker ofcourse pissed, Rabobank pissed, and now it seems they couldn't come to any kind of agreement anymore.

issoisso
So, is it confirmed he's leaving or are you speculating?
And why isn't this in the news in july thread?
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

ruben
Because this news is big

Smoothie
Shocking, which Teams would offer him a slot, i suppose not all because of the 'variable blood levels'.

ruben
There are lot of teams who don't care. F.ex Liquigas, Katoesja, etc

Smoothie
Suppose, will he go into a Team where he will be the Leader?

Aquarius
Still you were pissed at me when I rang the alarm bell more than one year ago... Pfft

ruben
And I'm still right, as he doesn't have suspected blood values. It's not like Gusev, mind you.

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 15:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Aquarius
Well, it's neither enough to be called "suspect" nor enough to be "natural". Hiding problems ?
If it wasn't serious I doubt Rabobank would like to end his contract ASAP.

ruben
Suprise suprise: Knebel denies everything

I love how Knebel does that all the time. He is like officer Barbrady. Move along people, there is nothing to see here 8)

CrueTrue
In the news I read it said that Thomas Dekker will be fired (= his contract will be terminated) due to breach of confidence - pretty much the same reason as to why Michael Rasmussen was fired.

Thomas Dekker was contacted by UCI due to him having blood values which varied too much, causing suspicion. Due to that, he abandoned from Tour de Suisse and wasn't selected for Tour de France. Also, the Rabobank team wasn't able to find Dekker on the locations he had said he would be according to his whereabouts.

Sorry, but I can't interpret this in any other way than ... Wink

http://www.pcmdaily.com
robert_psv
Good news, his site says he will respond on the news this afternoon.
@ CrueTrue, every site or newspaper writes his own thing about it, I won't say it's not true, but I don't think they all write the truth.
Edited by robert_psv on 28-07-2008 11:58
Team Champion manager

Smoothie
I have to say Ruben you said that Dekker is the hardest person to get in contact with. It sounds very suspicious, i hope that there are no positive tests or anything.

issoisso

Edited by issoisso on 28-07-2008 12:02

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Smoothie
Oh thats Cruel Isso!

issoisso
Smoothie wrote:
Oh thats Cruel Isso!

what else do you want me to say? if it turns out to be true, the last thing I'll be is sorry for him

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

ruben
CrueTrue wrote:
In the news I read it said that Thomas Dekker will be fired (= his contract will be terminated) due to breach of confidence - pretty much the same reason as to why Michael Rasmussen was fired.

Thomas Dekker was contacted by UCI due to him having blood values which varied too much, causing suspicion. Due to that, he abandoned from Tour de Suisse and wasn't selected for Tour de France. Also, the Rabobank team wasn't able to find Dekker on the locations he had said he would be according to his whereabouts.

Sorry, but I can't interpret this in any other way than ... Wink

Sorry, you're way off. But then again, Danish media is a laugh, they soimehow misinterpreted everything.

CrueTrue
We'll see.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
ruben
the volkskrant made an article, based on 'outside sources'

Rabobank denied this news. The blood values were never suspicious. Even the UCI said so. They were not like Gusev for instance, but more like pointing out an ilness.

They didn't fire him and won't fire him, they are speaking with him, because they have an argument since the Tour selection. That's all there is to it. The blood values was appearently never a reason to leave him out of the Tour, Knebel said so himself just minutes ago

Seems like Volkskrant just did some bad german like journalism.

popkorn
I never liked Dekker Pfft If anyone must be doped, i like it to be him. But the best were if noone were of course

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
vuelta
vuelta